Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Has it been mentioned anywhere yet how soon in FE three houses you pick a side? I assume the game’ll give you time with all the characters before making you choose

I watched a Game Informer video and it seems like 30 minutes to an hour of walking around and talking to people before you make a decision. When you speak to a lord it gives you details on all the units in that house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

DoorMatt posted:

So I finally picked one of these up, seems dumb with the update around the corner but I've played a whopping zero hours handheld. My fiancee has and like it, but she's planning on getting a lite later this year anyway. I grabbed let's go Eevee, oddesey, and smash. The only other games on my radar are Mario kart, fire emblem and stardew valley for the 4th time. Anything else worth getting at the moment?

Hollow Knight and Into the Breach if you haven’t played them

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Guess I’m spending 74.99 on September 20.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Alright, so I love everything about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 except for these two things, which make me hate the game overall:

• Goddamn anime bullshit (Persona 5 is fine, FE3H is fine, there is a line that XB2 crosses)
  • Having my main fire blade taken away from me for plot reasons right before the least fun dungeon in the game, only to find that I need to find a sufficiently leveled fire blade to progress

Will I enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles 1?

History Comes Inside! posted:

.....why would you?

I'm a few pages late, but when the Internet fucks up a hard reset helps and yes, as far as I know plucking her out of the dock is the only way to do it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

the best it gives you is divvying up the chapters into bite-sized selectable chunks, but without telling you which bit contains which Red Cases

i just finished Case 6 and good lord these stages go on forever

I think File 6 is just long. File 7 is shorter by a lot.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I didn't start yet but apparently the combat system takes a couple of missions to actually give you the options you need

Yeah Chapter 3 is where you get the goods.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Finished the first dungeon in Link’s Awakening. I like it so far, but drat the stuttering is all over the place.

I want a Switch Lite.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

If every game were two hours long I’d be able to finish some games.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

asecondduck posted:

I'm gonna trade in my PS4, Wii U, and my various leftover Wii accessories later today to purchase a Switch Lite

You’re valid. I can’t wait for my Pokémon one to arrive. Are you sure you won’t want that PS4 though?

I don’t know about my launch joy con because I traded them in, but my gf imported a pair of Splatoon joy con for me before the NA ones were a thing and those have drift.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

asecondduck posted:

Honestly? As much as I liked Spider-Man and Uncharted 4 and Persona 5, I don't see myself wanting to replay them again for another couple years or so, at which point the PS5 will be out and will also be able to play those games.

I’d want to keep my Yakuza Kingdom Hearts Souls Box, but hey! These video games are your property to sell as you please! Which color are you getting?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

bushisms.txt posted:

Astral Chain is one of the best games of the year.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I disagree that Astral Chain’s pacing is bad

They’re going for something deliberate with the pacing of File 6/7/8 and I think it really works. I’m always appreciative when a developer goes all the way in on an idea.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Framerate dips on LA are definitely noticeable, but they haven’t impacted my enjoyment of the game (two dungeons in) so far at all.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

well why not posted:

Finding it hard to dish out high damage in astral chain. I’m on File 7 (or perhaps 8) and I’m not sure what the best way to handle large enemies is. Each Legion has damage around 35, with sword lower for some reason. Am I missing something?

Are you upgrading the legions? I also never noticed a problem outside the final boss (who is much more difficult than the rest of the game).

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone here get the Link's Awakening Dreamer edition with the artbook? I need a high quality image of a certain page...

I have an iPhone XR and can take pretty good pictures. Whacha need

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

How’s that?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Evil Eagle posted:

Much appreciated. If you could get a close up of the bottom right section that would be awesome.

Took two, each with the glare in a different position

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

get your mom picross

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Might get Outer Worlds on Switch just to try to rad the text.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am READY for Sports Story. I loved Golf Story enough to buy the Fangamer CE.

Too Shy Guy posted:

I haven't played Shovel Knight since the OG release but I have the Treasure Trove, is King of Cards fine to jump straight into?

Don’t sleep on Spectre of Torment. It is incredible.

Takoluka posted:

Axiom Verge is really fun, and then there's a point where it just falls off a cliff. It's worth a play for the concepts and atmosphere, but it's the latter half is a mostly uninteresting slog.

Yeah, these are my feelings too.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I don't know if it's the port or the control scheme or the price or what, but What The Golf is amazing and I will not see it slandered so. At least give Apple $4.99 for a month of arcade and play it on your phone. Such a clever game.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

If Metroid Prime Trilogy finally happens I’m in so hard and so fast.

I loved XC2’s environments and music, and the combat was pretty fun. I hated the character designs and the bullshit level where it took away all my powers and wanted me to have a high level fire blade after taking away my high level fire blade. (I quit.) Will I like XC1? Will it be good on the Lite?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I thought Astral Chain was more fun than Nier: A although obviously Nier: A told the better story

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

Make it HD and online and that would be enough for me.

Have y’all played Fast RMX?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

I have and it’s a visually impressive game but it’s still missing that F-Zero charm.

This is my feeling as well.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rutibex posted:

Phoenix Write Trilogy is on sale 50% off today. I never played these games are they good? Not much else just a bunch of chess puzzles

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy

I played a little of the first two as a kid but bounced off because I was dumb. I’m replaying them now and sometimes the necessary clicks are overly specific, in which case you can just cheat with a walkthrough.

But the characters are all super charming and the plot is interesting. Def worth at half off

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Schneider Heim posted:

Can you pet cats in Astral Chain?

You can save and feed them. Can’t remember if there is petting. There is also a VERY good dog

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uhh I seem to remember that game being about beating up and capturing those animals and forcing them to fight with you against their own kind, yanking their chain occasionally so they don't escape.

I dunno if this is a bit but Astral Chain does have a cat rescuing component that is separate from the demon enslaving component

One of the worst things about a game I otherwise love very very much is that it never asks the hard questions about the demon enslavement. It could have gone to some very cool places and chose to do a shittier Evangelion thing instead

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

President is just Tycoon from Persona 5 Royal but without any of the style

Slot cars is neat. Dominoes seems like pure luck. What’s the highlights from the full version?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Weedle posted:

best games:

shogi
riichi mahjong
toy baseball
billiards
backgammon
yacht dice
fishing

I wanted to learn Shogi and I wanted a little baseball game. Maybe will cop

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The instructions for Hanafada make mention of it. (All the instructions are in the demo)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The discussion about MXR vs D5 reminds of the early days of the Switch where I was hankering first tactics real bad and neither of those games scratched the itch. Now we have Breach and Fire Emblem :) (and Xcom!)

I have also burned out on Animal Crossing, but after 250 hours of play time...so that is fine. My gf (not a gamer) is still going strong at 500.

I’m switching between Dead Cells and Ace Attorney right now. My recent Dark Souls epiphanies have made me better at Dead Cells.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Where the gently caress are my HD phoenix wright games, Nintendo?
I need those 3DS games and I know they can look pretty because they run on android no problem

Are you talking about Ace Attorney Trilogy for the Nintendo Switch?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How good is Astral Chain?

One of my top three games last year with Judgment and Disco Elysium.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Frankly that’s the best argument for getting XCDE yet

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Every minute you spend posting asking if you should buy Astral Chain is a minute you could be playing Astral Chain.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Speaking of spoilers that P5R video seems to contain a pretty significant one? I opened it waiting for a joke you play as Kasumi???

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

oh good. I'm playing it real slow since I already finished the vanilla game so I'm trying to avoid spoiling the lategame stuff

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I got some money and I'm torn between Hotline Miami collection for $9 or Pokémon content for $15. I can buy Isle of Armor separately, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ohtsam posted:

Stardew Valley

I'm a different person, but what if the specific source of her obsession is following the villagers around and watching them be cute and making their catchphrases swears/Drag Race references