Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I was about to be super excited for the new Way of the Samurai game since the original was one of my all-time favorites.

Then I learned this one is a rogue-like dungeon crawler with a linear storyline which means it's nothing like the original.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Steamworld Quest is beyond adorable and I'm kicking myself for waiting on it. It's very fun.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I finished this yesterday. It’s a lot of fun and has a ton of build options. Only issue was that it was extremely easy. With ~zero grinding I beat the final chapters on the first try. Took about 14 hours total.

I highly recommend it, and I’m willing to trade my super rare games physical edition of anyone’s interested.

I'm at 12 hours on Chapter 11, but I keep changing my party and decks and I'll definitely play through again. It's so good I just grabbed Heist off the eShop. If I could stomach metroidvanias I'd grab the 2 Dig games as well. I hope a new Steamworld game comes out soon so I can give them more money.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Is Tetris99 online only? Haven't bought a subscription yet and I'm not sure if I'm going to.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I always preferred Ninja Gaiden to Shinobi but both were loving awesome.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Bloop posted:

Have you played The Messenger?

If you haven't, you should.

I think it's on sale now.

Sadly, carpal tunnel makes that more painful than it's worth. I stick to turn-based and puzzle games these days. It does look pretty good.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's Disgaea

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Asked this elsewhere but all 3 Deponia games are on sale right now and they look cool and good. Are they?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fire Emblem has been a dating sim for over 20 years, the more recent games have just made it easier to make your animes kiss.

I feel like I'm the only person who likes Starlink for what it is, but it's a great Starfox timewaster that frequently goes on sale.

Hyrule Warriors is good if you want a goofy musou game. There's several others as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mercury Crusader posted:

That game was better than I expected, and having the Star Fox characters does make it feel like a weird Star Fox spinoff. Granted, I don't play Ubisoft open world games that often (I guess the last one I did play was, uh, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon?), so I'm probably not as burned out on them as others are. I don't know anything about the actual Starlink characters, though. As far as I can tell, it's just the Star Fox crew against random generic alien enemies and then Wolf is there too.

Considering how bad Zero bombed, this is likely going to be the only Starfox game for 2 or 3 generations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

I feel like anything that bombed on Wii U deserves a mulligan.

Zero was a bad game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

No, it wasn't. It's really fun once you got used to the controls. The biggest downfall was not having online mp imo.

I found the controls to be really difficult and not fun. I put it away after about 5 hours and I'm glad I only paid $5 for the thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks to the goon posting about it constantly, I now own Fitness Boxing. Seems fun so far and it will help me change up my heavy bag routine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bring back classic Shining Force. At least remaster the Sega CD game and translate Book 3.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

homeless snail posted:

Now everyone's picking the two games no one wants to play, and mancala has become the most popular game in the world

Mancala is legit one of my favorite board games. The wife and I play it constantly.

I also love Nine Men's Morris. I would kill for that since no one will play with me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RandomFerret posted:

Get assassin's creed III. In fact, this is the only reason to get assassin's creed III

I actually learned how to play the game playing Conquest of Camelot in the early nineties and then finding a Morris board at my local Renn Faire.

God I'm a geek.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Monopoly sucks. Thankfully the wife and kid can play it on the Wii U and leave me out of it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skyrim was the first game I bought for the Switch, but I had already played BotW on Wii U and the exploration in Skyrim felt anemic in comparison.

Like, I'm sure it was a great game when it was new and probably still is if it's something you like, but it didn't click with me.

But I'm the guy who periodically replays FFVI so no one should listen to me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

rogue-likes are not fun

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Agreed. It’s like a whole genre designed around the feeling of playing for 2 hours and forgetting to save, and then your game crashes. I’ve tried multiple rogue-likes and I can never get into them for that reason.
I could never before explain why I hated the whole genre, but this nails it exactly.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Arguing about how to enjoy single player games is lame.

That's my hot take.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yes

No

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I prefer co-op board games or 2 player games like Morris or Checkers. Multiplayer competitive board games are crap.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm not really looking for anything but thanks.

My favorite game for several years has been Castle Panic. Very cute and fun and now my daughter is old enough to play it with me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Picross S4 complete. Though man, the Extra puzzles are a pain when you're like me and prone to making mistakes (with all the hint features turned off, of course). Usually I'll restart the puzzle when that happens, but thirty minutes into a 40x30 puzzle and I'm kinda reluctant to do that...
How much of the S series is devoted to Mega? Because I legitimately do not like that mode so I'd hate to have half a game I won't play.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Red Minjo posted:

The Mega mode is a repeat of every puzzle in the standard mode, but with the hints changed to a mega variant and the order a bit jumbled.

e: however, the unlocks for Clip mode are all in standard, so you never have to touch it to finish those

So about a third of the game? Thanks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I always forget that Edgar is supposed to be a perv because I don’t feel it comes out that often, that and the translator seems to have made an effort to downplay it.

It helps that Edgar being a creep is like 10 lines in a 30+ hour game with a cast of like 14 characters.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'll be glad to see Kemco get a new tileset.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bought Bug Fables without ever playing Paper Mario and it's ok I guess. I honestly wish I had bought another SMT or Detective Pikachu for my 3DS instead.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Slay the Spire
Steamworld Quest
Hand of Fate 2

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

American McGay posted:

Nine Men's Morris is tight though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's on SteamDB and there's a Denuvo support page for it, so ah, yeah.

Someone mentioned in the SMT thread that it's had a Steam listing for about a year.

Still probably going to happen.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

American McGay posted:

Removing actual level design from game dev is probably one of the greatest sins of this generation.

This. Windbound looks like my jam but if it's some procedurally-generated rogue-like crap it's a hard pass.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Real talk, the shittiest amiibo gating was Epona in Breath of the Wild. I already owned the proper amiibo but that had to suck if you wanted the best horse and couldn't have her.

I've stopped collecting amiibo but only because I have all the ones I want. Though I am tempted by the Player 2 Chrome because he looks way better than the original.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Spoilers stop counting after 23 years.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Finally picked up AI: The Somnium Files since it's %50 off. Also grabbed the Contra Collection and the Reigns Game of Thrones game for the wife. Okami HD is tempting at $10 but I don't think I would enjoy the gameplay.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just grabbed the Genesis Classics Collection. I know some people have mentioned it moving slowly but I mostly got it for the Shining Force games. $12 for 2 of my favorite childhood RPGs is a good price and maybe I'll finally check out these Phantasy Star games I heard so much about.

And I'm done. That's like 3 months of my gaming budget.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Took a look at some of the Genesis games I never played as a kid. Phantasy Star is a classic, but I don't think I could tolerate it without nostalgia. Same with Sword of Vermilion. 30 year old RPGs rarely age well. Alex Kidd is cute even if I'm not into platformers. Comic Zone is the best drat game I never played. Why has this never been remade? It's a solid beat em up and the art style is awesome. I will be playing this for hours even if I never beat it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Do people not know why Nintendo controllers are that way, or are we just being silly on the internet?

I'm posting with a migraine here so I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

48 Hour Boner posted:

Tangentially related, on the GC X and Y lined up with their respective axis; on the switch it's backwards and drives me crazy.

I never owned a GC, but the Switch orientation is the same as the SNES.