Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Just FYI, I used https://stockinformer.com two weeks ago, after checking Target/Amazon/Walmart/BestBuy for pretty much the entire pandemic (thus far! Haha ha. Ha...). Signed up on Tuesday (the 16th), got an alert Wednesday morning. Amazon said it'd be delivered July 11. Got it on the 21st instead.

They have a couple other items you can sign up for, like the Nintendo exercise sphere or whatever it is. Not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied "customer," though I can't remember if I even used the affiliate link in the email alert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
How are the little NES controllers Nintendo sells if you're a Nintendo Online subscriber? We recently got a switch and Mario Kart, and while the teeny controllers are okay for now, I feel like those NES pads would be more fun. I think I saw a SNES one, too? How's that?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

The SNES controller is terrific, I use it for pretty much every 2D game I play on Switch. It’s the perfect controller for Mario Maker (playing levels, not making them). I don’t think either the NES or SNES controllers will work for games that use the joystick for input, though. I haven’t tried Mario Kart 8, but Link’s Awakening isn’t playable with the SNES controller because it doesn’t have a joystick. Same deal for Tetris 99.

I don’t have the NES controllers, but they don’t seem like a great value at $60 for two of them. I’d recommend just getting the SNES controller if you can find it in stock, they tend to sell out fast when Nintendo gets new stock in.

I can’t believe they don’t work for Tetris. Shame. I love the idea of using them as joy con replacements.

Thanks friend, you just saved me $50! At least until I shell out for the snes one ;)