Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Do you always play outside, or indoors with the screen facing the sun or something?

I only play at noon outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your Computer posted:

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of these character designs

spines don't work that way

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I don't really like the taste of avocado

Why live, then?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot take: Starfox was never good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am so ready for D A R K S O U L S!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Andrast posted:

I really like xcom and I also really like Mario+Rabbids

Hell, same.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DARK SOULS! I went to bed early hyped for it. Woke up early to get my morning routine out of the way. I have a light day at work so lunch is going to be all DARK SOULS!

I left my Switch at home.

I left it. No Dark Souls :qq:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m sure Bloodborne is good but I don’t have a PS4.

It’s actually better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Currently dying repeatedly in Blightown and losing souls while sitting in a waiting room while my car has some work done.

Portable Dark Souls is perfect.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Uh I'm not 100% sure but I think it says you used the master key to unlock something when you do it?

It does. Really the only point where the master key can "burn" you early on is if you go explore under the starting bonfire and find the other elevator which takes you to the valley and blightown exit and I think the door by Havel which leads to the basin but I'm not sure this would be it because Havel is right loving there and he will gently caress your poo poo up if you're new

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your Computer posted:

Dark Souls on the Switch is the best thing even if it's just to hear people talk about their first playthrough :kimchi:

People posting their first playthroughs is always a joy. Please keep talking about Dark Souls. I just got to the bottom of blightown after dying at least 10 times. gently caress toxic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I didnt think it could happen, but there are too many games. I want Dark Souls, Starlink and the new COD, and I dont want to spend $180.

Hey devs, stop all the game making for a bit, I need some time to catch up

My gaming time is currently an all out brawl between Dark Souls, COD, and I just preordered Red Dead 2 and will end up buying Diablo as well :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh boy here I go buying Resident Evil 4 for the

*checks collection*

8th-9th time?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Resi4 is one of those 11/10 games I will keep buying forever

:yeah:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The one problem with Hollow Knight is its lovely rear end fast travel

When it's easier to quit the game and restart it than to travel around, you hosed up

The one problem with Hollow Knight is that I now hate all other games that are not Hollow Knight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Switch DarkSouls is my first ever DarkSouls and seeing bloodstain ghosts dodge backwards over a cliff or off a walkway still hasn’t gotten boring for me lmao

There’s something really magical on a first playthrough to see a bloodstain in your path, checking it out, and seeing a ghost take 5 steps then get flung the gently caress off a cliff or pit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jimmy Hats posted:

Whens fire emblem coming out i wanna gently caress a dragon

Dragons are not for loving, friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Does anyone know if Diablo 3 Switch have crossplay with PC?

No but they also said that maybe in the future

quote:

According to Stilwell, “It’s not available at this time. I wouldn’t ever take anything off the table, it’s something we’re exploring, that we’re interested in. But it is not currently a feature.”

(This is in reference to the console versions having cross platform multiplayer)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I was playing Dark Souls on the Switch at lunch today.

It was great!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why can’t I play Earthworm Jim on the Switch, Nintendo?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waffle! posted:

Don't forget to update your controllers along with the new system patch.

How do I make sure this happened?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waffle! posted:

Attach your joycons to the console and go to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers

Thank you, friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

METAL GEAR SOLID 5: THE PHANTOM PAIN WHEN?!

God that would be loving awesome MGS5 owns so much.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tendril_Mullet posted:

Just started playing Dark Souls for the first time. I knew nothing about this game and it was a gift from a friend. Was on my way to kissing sweet death against the Taurus Demon again until it fell of the bridge and died for no discernible reason. My joy is boundless to the point that I felt myself physically smile while playing. I think I get what makes this appealing.

Please keep the updates coming. Taurus killing itself is indeed an awesome occurrence.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Consummate Professional posted:

Oh my god that comes out in 2 weeks. My time dilation is off the charts

I am so ready to lose my life in Pokémon after years of not playing the series. Last game I played was... Platinum? Whatever was the last DS title, I never got a 3DS.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looper posted:

was this ever in doubt

I sense bias.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pokemon Let's go looks fun as hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axel Serenity posted:

Twitter going balls out on Kirby's power over death is the best thing on the internet this week. Thank you Nintendo

Isn't it canon on one of his games that he straight up fights and consumes GOD?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s stupid that in TYOL 2018 I am excited for Diablo 3 but here I am excited as all hell to play it on the switch after work tomorrow

After work? My friend, doing rifts during lunch is going to be magical.

Ciaphas posted:

anyone have a gameplay summary? I haven't paid attention to much of pokemon... er, anything? since roughly B/W, let alone side games like this or that Eevee thing (or hell Pokemon Go itself)

The treehouse today showed gameplay. It's basically pokemon yellow with casual pokemon Go mechanics. Wild pokemons spawn in the area and you catch them (like Go) and your whole team earns XP from it. Trainer battles are the same as regular pokemon.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 1, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Healbot posted:

Diablo 3 ran pretty drat well with four players just now. Wonder how four fully specced lag Witch Doctors will fare in a rift.

Mob density looks a little lighter but yeah 4 player co-op looks buttery smooth. The UI looks real sweet for a console.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MZ posted:

Any Diablo III starter tips for someone who has never played it?

The Switch has Adventure Mode available right at the start which is 99% of what you’ll play. The campaign is there as the requisite “story” but it’s pointless and skipable. Play through it if you absolutely need a narrative for the killing.

Once you jump into Adventure start a Seasonal character and follow the season journey. It generally does a good job of pointing you towards your next goal and after completing the first four tiers of the journey you’ll receive a full set of the class your playing (only the first character that completes the journey).

An even more basic advice is to immediately bump the difficulty to Hard or Expert (can’t remember right now) then just go kill poo poo at Nephalem Rifts or Bounties.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also here’s the general Diablo 3 thread

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I recommend everyone so the story until the end of Act 2 so you have a chance to meet and get acquainted with the coolest dude in Diablo: Zoltun Kulle. He is cool and real and your friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

What is the most :torgue: D3 class now

Sell me on this, I haven’t played since shortly after RoS I think and I still kinda want a portable dibbles

Demon Hunter. Get the season journey set then murder everything as you vault like a maniac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8kyTHevixY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

2 Dark Souls questions.

How does it handle putting the system to sleep? Do I need to play offline to not get booted to the title screen or have they found a more elegant solution?

I heard something about them switching the dodge button. Is this true? This is remappable right?

- Correct. If you're online you'll need to quit/save before putting it to sleep or it'll just boot you and give you the "game didn't close properly last time you could lose poo poo". If you're offline, you can put it to sleep and it'll put the game on standby.

- You can remap everything. It defaults to A.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alan_Shore posted:

What do we think about the new Pokémon? Will it be fresh and new or is it just a rehash of red/blue?

It's both!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Andrast posted:

Diablo 3 is very good at giving every class some OP poo poo that is really fun to blow up stuff with

Playing through seasons is pretty much this. I’ll pick a class, get the journey completed and feel incredibly overpowered. Then coming along another class that just destroys the rift faster than I can loot the corpses. So I go and make that build and I’m kicking rear end then another class comes by and makes me look like a fresh start character. So I do that build too. By the end of the season I’ve gone through most classes and builds

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

It is weird that seasonal characters (only? apparently) have to quit the current session to change difficulty more than "down just one level", though

That’s how it also works in PC.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Phenotype posted:

Is this new Pokemon game basically a remake of Pokemon Yellow?

It’s that + Pokemon Go. Trainer battles are the same but the wild Pokémon catching using Go mechanics and the leveling has been streamlined to account for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shine posted:

Diablo 3 is the sort of game my wife and I will excitedly binge on for like two weeks, then completely lose interest, then 4-5 months later one of us will say "hey, we haven't played Diablo in a while!" and binge for another two weeks. Having a couch co-op version sounds really nice, so we'll probably get it on Switch when the cycle repeats itself.

That’s exactly what season journeys are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sudden Javelin posted:

The adult games industry has pitiful representation in Smash

I would like the next newcomer to be A Whopping Great Cock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUQ4pgBjdc