Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

asecondduck posted:

Oh wait I think I confused Bloodstained with another Castlevania knockoff homage, which is the one where you had three characters?

That was the 8-bit Kickstarter backer reward for Bloodstained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Andrast posted:

I love the look of this

Same, except the opposite

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Yinlock posted:

same, except the opposite

Agreed!

(Maybe I can put some green cellophane on my Switch?)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Tetris 99 is just TetriNET x 16.5 :colbert:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

my new dog posted:

minish cap next. more kinstones yes please

Kinstone amiibos

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like how often in Baba "Oops I turned all the walls into keys!" turns into "Oh, I won! Was that how I was supposed to do it?"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Chin Strap posted:

Baba is the most unique puzzlers I've played in years. It gives you that tickle your brain feeling that Portal the first time did. There's no story though as far as I see.

The story is that Baba is you!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Chin Strap posted:

Now where's Legend of Mana

Collecting dust, where it belongs :tipshat:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Relevant Tangent posted:

hell yeah, Wile E. Coyote for Smash.

Infinite horizontal recovery unless you tilt down.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Nep-Nep posted:

The first time the Zelda games used 3D graphics was also a major shakeup in the gameplay and presentation that carried on in its own way.

Um you mean the Triforce intro and the crystal cutscenes in ALTTP???

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If Nintendo makes a Zelda Maker it had better be a Zelda 2 Maker.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Gripweed posted:

That's not fair! Their main attempt to garner publicity was naming the game after a famous song in the hope that it would end up in people's Youtube or google searches

Also maybe sneak a couple of Ogre Battle fans?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The rubber duck boss should be hard until halfway through when you're describing how difficult it is to somebody else, at which point it becomes trivially easy.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Achmed Jones posted:

Into the Breach didn't really click with me. I can recognize that it's a well-made game, it's just a well-made game that I don't really want to play. I think if I had more time I'd get into it, but as it is the first couple runs didn't blow my socks off, so I'd generally rather play something else

Same and same with FTL, by the same studio, as it turns out. I guess I'm in the camp of "permadeath punishes experimentation and I don't have fun with that."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Social Animal posted:

I want a Zelda 2 remake/remaster/something. It's time Nintendo.

I played through Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Bros. Brawl almost entirely as Link, just so I could pretend it was Zelda 2-2.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

American McGay posted:

Someone noted that a few sound effects in the Link update are directly taken from SMB2.

That's fair, since at least one sound effect in SMB2 was taken directly from Zelda 1.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HMS Beagle posted:

You can’t have half an A Press. An A Press is an A Press.

Hats can have little A half press, as a cheat

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

jackhunter64 posted:

just lol if you don't already have bros cum on your screen.

I wouldn't want to ruin Matt's finish :ohdear:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Butterfly Valley posted:

My left stick starting to feel a little weird and in calibration it sometimes taking a little while to travel back to centre is the start of the dreaded stick drift and I should probably order a replacement thumbstick kit now right?

At least I have a nearly new additional pair of joycon to tide me over if need be

Yes, that's drift.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fallom posted:

Does Nintendo send you a box to ship joycons in? The left one on my brand new red box Switch just started drifting badly and the cotton swab cleanings aren’t helping.

No. I sent mine back in the box my second pair came in, stuffed with newspaper.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah most school shooters are kids, so a school shooting game would be a kids game. Baby poo poo.

Now a workplace shooter video game, THAT is for grown ups

Ok wise guy what if you're playing as a teacher?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Bust Rodd posted:

a very large adult audience.

Rude

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Twilight Princess sucks because it's when Link started being right-handed. :colbert:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

psylent posted:

Have tried Hollow Knight a couple of times but just found it... not interesting.

Same. It's boring and the map system is obnoxious.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fallom posted:

seems like tape would be an ally in the paper game? mayhaps they are planning a twist (like a twist of paper)

Speaking of twists, have they already had a character named Möbius who complains about being one-dimensional?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Snake Maze posted:

To be fair sneaking around in BotW to get good pictures of bugs and stuff was really fun and I would love a game that went all in on the open world fantasy wildlife photography. If you build up an ecosystem with different environments and the animals having their own behaviors and everything, I think that could be a really cool and unique game. But it would also be a very different game than pokemon snap is (and a significantly more ambitious/expensive to develop one) so I wouldn't really call it a missed opportunity they didn't do it.

This but also there's a full-scale, JRPG-style, save-the-world battle going on in the background that you give zero shits about.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I successfully got a refund for Hollow Knight because I was having such a bad time playing it. :cool:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's kind of the same as Mario 128.

Eventually there'll be a non-Mario game released, specifically to show off dick physics.

Dickmin.

I play games to escape reality, so I'll wait for the sequel, Dickmax.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Weedle posted:

mouthfeel

I just realized I've still never licked a Switch game. What an rear end in a top hat.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Mario 64 DS is better because you can switch to Luigi and spin jump all over Rainbow Ride.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

DemoneeHo posted:

The gamecube manual did have that info, at least. Remember having physical manuals?

I did not find anything on this beyond "Experiment!" in my copy of the manual, but I did find info on Mario's side-hustle:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Bleck posted:

Hollow Knight

They asked for a good sidescroller.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This Formidable Oak in Pikmin 3 is some unfun bullshit, speaking of games suddenly upending their atmosphere and mechanics.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I never found it that hard once I understood the mechanics? Have Brittany literally lead the boss around in circles while the other two clear the way.

That's still an "upending" and still obnoxious.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

kirbysuperstar posted:

hi i'm daisy
Peach!
hi i'm daisy
Peach!
hi i'm daisy
Peach!
hi i'm daisy
Peach!
hi i'm daisy
Peach!
hi i'm daisy
Peach!

All day, every day

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

b_d posted:

Got my first actual Mario-related picture in Mario’s Super Picross on Wario level 7-H. it’s a lakitu

The best part of Picross DS was the Nintendo-related victory lap at the end and I'm always sad when other Picross games don't have it.

Also, S5 gives you bonus puzzles for having played the first three, but not for S4 :argh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Dpulex posted:

HOW DARE YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_CcKwEC-EA

what has the switch done better?

Not been 8-bit, for starters

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Just play Mario 64 DS, which controls better

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What are the other cloud games? I want to be sure I never buy them.

FF7, Smash Bros. Ultimate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Poque posted:

Nothing that Sony ever did was as bad as XBox just flipping X/Y and A/B from the SNES layout. At least the symbols for Playstation are totally distinct with the narrow exception of "X"

XBox was copying the Dreamcast on that one, which was sort of continuing the Saturn layout