Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
At least it's not expected for another 10 to 14 months, as a Nintendo Whore I am obligated to get the latest revisions and I can start putting some pennies to the side now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Put a switch on your wedding registry.

Or just spend the $400 now and get married at city hall like a true millennial.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

jackhunter64 posted:

Charger/standchat: I just got the new pass-through one today. It's small, doesn't wobble around like the regular kickstand and you can set it to pretty much any comfortable angle. Jack's verdict: Electricity/10.

I got one of these a few weeks ago and it rules.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

pixaal posted:

(at least not this console gen, maybe the US will fix their poo poo for the 2030s)

Hahahaha, you sweet, sweet summer child....

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

No. 6 posted:

Are you Everett?

I'll tell you who he is - he's the drat paterfamilias!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is okami better on the ps4 or the switch? I've also been wondering about under tale but I've finished it ages ago on the pc

It's a PS2 game, it's runs perfectly on the Switch. This comes down to which system you'd rather play it on, but keep in mind that it only has a digital release in the US unless you want to import a copy from Japan, which is all in english anyway.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Al Borland Corpse posted:

In dark souls you are the goomba

I'm italian im always the goomba.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Every time I leave a room I have to flick the lights on and off 6 times so my wife doesn't die, who the gently caress designed this light switch??

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Is Valkyria Chronicles only digital or where there any plans for a physical release?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Apparently someone mined some data and there are references to some Diablo 3 amiibo so that might be a real thing, yeah.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free sale at the moment on video games, unfortunately they don't offer many Switch titles in this deal. It might be worth it if you have a PS4/XBone as well and can mix and match across platforms.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

KingEup posted:

Does anyone still have the the link to the JAP version of Okami?

If you're looking to buy I have an imported copy that I am done with. I can send you a PM if you're interested.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How do Ifngd where to vote?

Either look up your county's supervisor of elections website or Google "where do I vote" and you'll get a ton of links that will direct you to the proper place to check.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

il serpente cosmico posted:

I am so happy my state moved to vote by mail exclusively. I turned in my ballot two weeks ago, and was already able to check the website to see that it's been accepted and processed for counting tonight.

On top of that, you get automatically registered to vote when you get / renew a driver's license or state ID.

I live in Florida now, I am signed up for vote by mail but actually stopped by an early voting location last week and did it then. When I lived in NY I was lucky enough to be literally down the street from the polling location and I worked nights so it was pretty easy to vote then too. For as progressive as some things are in NY, they need to update their voting stuff sooner rather than later.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
More puppets in movies, if you ask me.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Don't copy that floppy.

Actually gently caress the police, steal poo poo all the time, just don't get caught like a bitch.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

BisterdDave posted:

I'm excited for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. I always hear it's a good PS2 hidden gem, and to have it on a portable console sounds great!

It's a pretty standard 3rd person character platformer, and there's a game breaking bug halfway through the game that I hope has been fixed. I'd play it again if it was like $10, but that's about the most I'd pay.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Actually yeah Night in the Woods is awesome. But is it mandatory to well on the music bits because that may pose a problem?

No, you can totally bomb them and the game keeps going.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In the name of the fire flower, the angry sun, and Luigi's ghost.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
You damned nerds are making me want to get pokemon but I have so many other untouched and half-finished games already, including other pokemon games. Being kinda broke helps though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I went to the mall in the late summer of 1998, I went into the EB Games and told the clerk that I wanted to reserve a copy of the new Zelda game and was told that he would "write my name down for the list" and I went about my merry way as a dumb 14 year old. A few months later, it's November 21st and I am a freshman in high school and I tell my dad that I need him to go to the mall and pick up this game for me because I need to play it as soon as I get home and I need to be able to bring it to Grandma's house for the long weekend. My dad agrees, takes my mom's brand new Subaru Forester to the mall and ends up rolling the car into a ditch to avoid a deer on the way. He was fine, the car was totaled though. He still goes to the mall and gets to EB Games and is told "hey man, we don't have his name on our list, sorry no game for you." Knowing my father, I am legit surprised he wasn't arrested, but I was told mall security was called. As someone who has worked retail, I feel bad for whoever was on the receiving end of his yelling. But I came home to a new copy of OoT, along with a bonus poster of Hyrule that I actually found a few days ago while digging through some boxes.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I picked up The Way Remastered a while back for like $2, I finally got around to playing it and verdict is it's fine. I like the aesthetic and music, and the simple platformer gameplay with some puzzles works well to tell the story. However, they throw in more complex platforming, enemies that kill you in one hit, some very obtuse and time wasting puzzels, and a final boss that is a bullet hell segment (in this platforming puzzle game) with some poorly placed checkpoints and it brings the experience down. The story itself is boilerplate sci-fi with a post credit scene that I don't understand what it's referring to, but at least they let you reload at the end and pick a different outime come to see both endings.

Eh, it was worth the $2 but only because it was so cheap and I liked the music a lot.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I remember IGN (lol) had an episode of their Nintendo podcast that was a bunch of editors complaining about the 3DS and how they felt ripped off because it didn't have anything worth playing at launch. I think this was right after Nintendo announced those free games they gave everyone as an apology.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I like having a collection but the normal cycle for me has been amass a bunch of games, play 60% of them, put them on a shelf, and finally give them away/sell them years later. If I want to replay something in this day and age, odds are I can find a way to play it.

I think for me the physical/digital divide is one of impulse control. I went all digital on the WiiU and as a result I bought a bunch of games I never really played. With the Switch, limiting myself to physical for full game releases and only allowing new purchases once I've actually beaten games I own has been good. I've finished more games in the last year then the previous two or three.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I got DOOM and it rules.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Sounds great what is this?

Monster Hunter Generations is down to $38 on Amazon, by the way.

The World Ends With Youuuuuuuuuuu

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I still have two perfectly working Wavebirds with adapters in a box at my house, I kinda want to see if I can get anything for them when Smash comes out but I feel like the hardcore who would be interested in that would already own a set or more likely use a wired controller to avoid any millisecond delay a wireless signal would introduce.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Not a Children posted:

How would 3 work? Wasn't it pretty wiimote IR-centric?

It did have some motion and pointer segments that would work fine if you're playing it docked with the joycons, but they would have to rework those segments to be playable in handheld.

e: Off the top of my head you need to use motion to open some containment locks and you have to use the pointer to use the one beam that is like a wielding gun to fix broken circuits. I think there's also a shield grab/grapple beam ability too?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Prime 3 is cool and expands the universe a little and I hope that stuff doesn't get thrown aside when Prime 4 comes along. It's nothing super original but I liked the other bounty hunters.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I kinda want to hook up my Wii U and play through the Prime games now, but I'll probably just keep my eyes open and see if the Switch version actually gets announced.

I'll probably spend all day tomorrow listening to the soundtrack though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
So excited for tomorrow, I cannot wait to get to Gamestop and pick up my copy of Katamari!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Nintendo is publishing it, so they're probably paying for its development so Wolverine will be a DLC character in Smash is what I'm getting at.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I preordered a copy of Katamari for pick up from Gamestop and I haven't been inside of one is years. My order is still listed as open and they're supposed to text me when it's available for pick up but it's almost noon and nothing and I wanna roll up some poo poo today, drat it!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Sorry, they only made 1000 copies and they won't be filling your pre-order until they can run the price up to at least $200.

This is what i get for going with Katamari over Smash.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you're gonna talk about 90s video game commercials you have to mention this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL9cJ5khHU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Mr Phillby posted:

I never played the original Katamari to compare but am I the only one who feels like the physics in Re-roll are janky even for a katamari game? I swear I never got stuck in so many corners in any of the previous ones I've played. I had to reset a whole stage because i got stuck halfway through a standing signpost.

I think that's how it's always played, it's been literally 10 years since I played it on PS2 hardware though so that might just be my incorrect memory. I find myself going backwards a lot, but the more I play the better I am able to control my momentum.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I replayed Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link a few years ago and they're both still great.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I just got an email saying that the loot goblin amiibo I forgot I order in the beginning on November has shipped. I should probably buy Diablo 3 at some point.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Gripweed posted:

the game featuring Toadette, New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe. I just saw a preview for it and that reminded me that the game isn't even out yet but the meme it's announcement spawned feels like it's from a year ago

Bowsette was only from mid September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Bring back Badge Arcade you cowards.