Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Augus posted:

One of the issues with Okami is that the game’s Navi stand-in is pretty chatty, skipping that stuff is very nice

I’m playing through it for the umpteenth time, and the Switch port is bloody lovely. Absolutely worth it, especially if it’s on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I bought Demons Souls before it was out in the UK, had a whale of a time, and never finished it. Then Dark Souls came out, I played that, had a whale of a time, and never finished it.

Then Bloodborne came out. Played it, had a whale of a time, and never finished it.

BUT THEN!

Finally went back to Bloodborne earlier this year and finished the fucker (which is a hell of an experience when, thanks to a head injury, you're three days into extended déjà vu where every other second you feel like you're remembering a dream, AND there's a red light in your back garden. Take THAT, "immersive" gaming chairs).

Looking forward to getting back into Dark Souls and finally finishing the bastard, on the world's most hurlable console.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

It was loving nuts. I started a new character, so remembered loads of the areas, but at the same time, every single thing I saw/heard/said &c. felt like either high octane déjà vu, or like I was remembering a fragment of a dream I'd long forgotten. It was a SUPER intense way to get on board with the world-building.

Then, on closing the curtains one night, I noticed a red glowing lantern in my garden that sort of made my heart stop until I realised that my folks had given me some ridiculous solar powered garden LED thing.

I recommend it as an experience, but only if you're pretty sure you're not going to go completely mad grant us eyesssss

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Good lord. Mapping jump to clicking L3 in DS has made me a better person.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Idly wondering about Bayonetta 3, and what the moon-based title song could be.

Currently I'm hoping for an incredibly sugary, J-pop version of Blue Moon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0fy1HeJv80

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

GoldenEye 007 James Bond for smash, except MGM won't license Pierce Brosnan's likeness so it's actually where they introduce the new actor who's going to replace Daniel Craig

Super SMERSH Brothers

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Grim Fandango Switch release! Wooooo! Time to buy it again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Uzbs05KAw

I just wish I could see it to download on Nintendo's garbage estore.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Tropical Freeze is down to £33 on the UK eshop. Christ that is still a lot of money (especially for a game I already own on the WiiU), but hot drat, it's cheaper than physical copies and I super want it.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

repiv posted:

Mario Rabbids + DLC pack is down to £30 as well, just picked it up.

God drat that's a steal. Bought the base game and DLC at release prices and don't regret a thing. For £30 it is a hell of a deal.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

My dock got the green flashing light thing going on this morning. Hopefully a power cycle should sort it, because heavens above I don't fancy shelling out £60 odd for another plastic cradle.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

If I don't get to play Mario is Missing on this dead console I am going to kick off

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Everybody throw Smash in the garbage, the crossover fighting game we've all been waiting for is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGV495ObUvY

Holy poo poo.

It's Immortal Kombat

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

A saucy 35 minutes:

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1095321694233903105

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maintenance on vehicles is performed by a real life mechanic so I hope it’s there.

FTFY

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

The only rhythm game I have ever really got to work for me was Patapon. Am I utterly hosed when it comes to Necrodancer/Zeldrodancer?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I always thought that one weird place you couldn't fly your airship through in FF8 was the impact crater from FF7

This sort of thing was like nectar from the loving gods to me when I was 13 ish, and god drat I am cross that I'm now 32 and still going "OMG yeah it might be. That's so cool!"

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

gently caress you Nintendo give me Vagrant Story and MGS on the switch and let me die in peace.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Scrap Dragon posted:

Left cheek D, right cheek K

This is from a few pages ago but I have never seen DoK in Smash. How do you unlock it?

Also, what game is it from?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Marx Headroom posted:

Hollow Knight
[...]
relentlessly needled me

No, that was Hornet

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Just dropping in to say that the Labo VR is super cute. It is the first Labo kit I've made, and the instructions/build itself were v cute and fun.

The VR is as rough as expected, and my lenses seem to have bits of dust on them that I'm going to need to faff to clean, but honestly for something totally out of the blue it is pretty drat sweet. Most of the minigames I've tried so far aren't too involved, but that doesn't stop them being a worthy distraction. Looking forward to trying the garage/building the blaster.

Mario VR is lovely. Like a less feature-heavy Astrobot Rescue Mission, and BoTW is pretty dang cool, so long as YOU DON'T MOVE THE CAMERA OH GOD DON'T DO IT the first thing I did was mover the camera, swing my 'face' straight up a horse's butt, and feel super queasy.

tl;dr I am a 33 year old man who got cardboard sheets for his birthday and was delighted by them.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Finally an overcooked I can play without fear of divorce

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Long question short, if I don't plan on creating any levels at all should I still get Mario Maker 2? I just want to play other people's creations.

This is also how you play literally Mario game

edit: God dammit. A Milquetoast burn snipes a new page. I am sorry, thread, we all deserved better. Especially your friend and mine, BisterdDave.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Re: Plague Knight, I read this before I played the campaign and it really helped me get into the movement mechanics quickly.

Is there anything like this for Spectre Knight? I loved the Plague Knight expansion but honestly controlling Spectre Knight makes me feel like a wizard has turned my hands into little dangly propeller mice

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Wooloo :3

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

pixaal posted:

New Magikarp with awesome evolution? Or cute filler that you put on your team and it drags it down competitively?

Wooloo has evolved into ANGORAGEDDON

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This looks like Todd McFarlane's Shinobi and I am INTO it

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Everything you love is made by assholes.

I can't stand my in-laws so this checks out

(wife if you are reading this then I am sorry)

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Knowing nothing about it other than people on Twitter saying "It is good I have sunk 100 hours into it and see no sign of stopping", I have just bought Slay the Spire.

This is basically Gwent or something, right?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

God drat. A ff8 remake would have me cuddling my switch at night just to listen to the overworld music.

Not that I miss it or anything. Nope.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

it’s gonna be 35 minutes of detailed Smash patchnotes and a 5 minute teaser of Animal Crossing: Tom Nook Has A Gun

AC:TNHaG. Following the success of Mario x Rabbids, play as Tom Nook and his crack team of bailiffs as you hunt down villagers who have fallen behind on their debt repayments in this exciting tactical shooter.

FEATURING:

*Turn based combat
*Deep ability customisation
*Shoot a man's knees in front of his children
*Rich story
*Moving your units Costs Actual Cash Money

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Please do not rip Eggman's nipples.

..."Daddy"

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Hi Nintendo. Now that you're bringing Ni No Kuni to the Switch, please be aware that if I don't get a Mr Drippy amiibo I will pick up a breeze block and walk into the Thames. Thanks in advance.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Does anyone know if the Nintendo store charges for preorders at the point of order, or when the shipment is sent? I want to preorder a Snake amiibo before scalpers snaffle the lot (and a Squirtle one :3:), but currently I'm absolutely brassic so I can't take the financial hit.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Somehow I managed to miss that FFVIII was being remastered for Switch. I'm so excited! I thought that the only code was inscribed on the skin of some monk who lived down a well or something.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Dammit all why did I think Bloodstained was out today and not tomorrow. This is the worst of all possible worlds.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

I went to download Bloodstained this morning and my Switch told me it was...full?

gently caress you, Switch! How is a 128GB SD card not enough for you? WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Bloodstained Q that isn't "FPS, Y?"

Is there a way to display the health bars for bosses? I can't seem to find it and it makes fighting them feel a bit guesswork-y.

Also, because I suck, I keep getting my health knocked down to the point where my Switch threatens to shake itself to bits. The only rumble option I've seen is "HD Rumble On/Off" - is there a way to stop this happening that isn't git gud?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Mario Maker 2 has been dispatched HURRY UP TIME, YOU PRICK

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Oh god. Red Faction is out today. I know I should probably get Cadence of Hyrule instead, but the idea of having a portable "bollocks up a building with a hammer" simulator is so tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

I've got it for PSVR and can confirm that it's a hoot. Especially if several people are frantically shuffling through the manual at once while bickering.