Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In 500 words or more (or less), what's the best Disgaea 5 class and why

Speaking of Disgaea, should I play 5 or 1 Complete? I've only played the Prinny PSP games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If you have a literal million hours to invest and never get tired of things, start with 1. If you have a regular life and don't want to do the same thing for an eternity, just skip to 5.

garthoneeye posted:

Eta: If you plan on playing them all start with 1. It’s really hard to give up the system improvements going backwards.

Thanks for the opinions! Sounds like 5 is more sensible for me. I can't see myself grinding through more than one of these any time soon.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'd like to nominate lovely Mario as a recommended social media follow. https://twitter.com/shittymario

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'd rather get Peace Walker for Switch. More portable-friendly bite-sized content, and it could easily look and run great. Also it's a better game.

No D-Dog though.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

MZ posted:

Oh wow this would actually be perfect, does it work as well as the official controller or are there any quirks I should know about?
Also how is the d-pad on these things?
Their d-pads are great. It's the whole reason to use their controllers. Ideal for shmups and fighters. I just wish they'd make one with 6 face buttons.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The Taiko motion controls work better than I expected. At least with the little haptic buzz you get some good feedback of when your hits are registering, and it seems pretty consistent.

I'm a regular ravi drums over here

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Mister Facetious posted:

Are there any decent licensed car games in the pipeline yet?

No?

... Okay then. :smith:

I'm dying for a "real" racing game. Hey Codemasters, where you at?

There are a couple new arcade racers (Road Redemption and GRIP), but they're both janky Kickstarter nostalgia games that don't play very well.

Dang it. Personally, I'd be down with some light fare like a Sega Rally Revo. Something easygoing but with fun physics.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 7, 2018

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Pretty sure Wavebird is the best name for a controller ever.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Hamster is going to miss out on a lot of R-Type monies thanks to Tozai porting Dimensions. They've had the IREM catalog for like a year and have just been dripping out poo poo like Kid Niki: Radical Ninja.

Their slow burn strategy makes sense sometimes; nobody is going to buy Fatal Fury if you can already get Fatal Fury Special, but it's got to be biting them in the rear end in this case.

Anyway, Dimensions is good. R-Type owns. Someone port Delta and Final.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Obvious compromises were made, but Spintires is surprisingly intact on the Switch, and like so many other games, it's just awesome to have a portable version of it. 🎶 I'm lovin' it. 🎶

https://twitter.com/jd_cohen/status/1067790795460071424

Lodin posted:

Pretty tempted to pick it up. I've never been into SHUMPs except Raptor on PC (lol) but had R-Type on SNES and got pretty good at it. Is it using the sprites from the arcade version?

Yeah, when you play in 2D mode, it's just a really cleanly presented version of the arcade games.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

The Kins posted:

https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/1068097241070649344

This 2014 racing game is being ported by Feral Interactive, who more recently crowbarred it onto mobile platforms.

I'm so down. If they don't gently caress it up (and they usually do good porting work), I'll be so happy to finally have a decent car game on Switch.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Literally all of them, we starvin

Yeah, I mean, I'd rather have any of the Dirts over GRID, but I need cars.

I'm not even a car guy, but a good racing game is just a big piece of the console puzzle for me.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

TheScott2K posted:

got some bad news for you, sport

Let me revise that to "a decent racing game."

I actually like GRID. :iiam:

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

TheScott2K posted:

I was actually stupidly into Grid 1 and if that was the one being ported I'd loving preorder it.

Oh dang, I didn't realize this was a 3rd GRID. Did they gently caress it up? I thought the first GRID was lots of fun.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
This Flip Grip thing is cool.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

SeANMcBAY posted:

How’s it feel weight distribution-wise? I kinda want that thing but it looks awkward to hold.

Feels ok so far, but I haven't had any extended seshes yet. I share your concern. The bigger stumbling block for me is that I'm now using regular-rear end joycons after getting used to the Hori d-pad joint. That thing's so much better, but it doesn't have any wireless junk, so it's back to those stupid buttons instead of a d-pad when using this bracket.

bushisms.txt posted:

What game is that?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Housh posted:

Are all the GameCube Smash Ultimate controllers black? Will Nintendo release more colours?

Indigo is the only valid GameCube color.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

bushisms.txt posted:

The flip grip is a brilliant little piece of plastic

I wish outrun had a vertical mode

I have such nostalgia for that game, because they had it at a convenience store near my dad's work. I thought it was so cool.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
So this game Rival Megagun just hit the eShop, which looks like a modern interpretation of Twinkle Star Sprites. Also, Twinkle Star Sprites just hit the eShop. :pwn:

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I just want every Metal Gear on Switch. I keep thinking about it when I see something MG-related in Smash.

Like, gimme those games. At least, whichever ones are reasonably easy to port, I'm not asking for Konami to put effort into something. Judging by the Vita poo poo, the PS2 games would work great, and you can easily cram the Subsistence versions of the MSX games. Peace Walker would be rad.

Hell, gimme AC!D and PoOPS while you're at it.

And, uh, Revengeance would be awesome. Where the metal gears at.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Oscar Wild posted:

My dude, you want a VITA.

I have a vita but I it'd be better on swinch

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The only thing I don't like about it is that it kinda wiggles its way out of position. It doesn't click on to the Switch as well as a real joy con.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought I was being clever sneaking in through the sky to a shrine past a guardian but turns out the Hyperfuck laser is an anti-air weapon also

TBH I feel like for all the clever things you can do in Zelda most of them involve not doing something, like not fighting anything or not bothering to walk somewhere or not solve a puzzle :v:

Andrast posted:

That's just life

Welcome to the Church of the Subgenius, slackers.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
A more contrasty screen would go a long way on the Switch. Boldly colored Nintendo games tend to look good on it, but when you get into dank third-party stuff like, say, Dragon's Dogma and Mortal Kombat, it's really not up to it, unless you're playing in the dark with the brightness turned all the way up.

Like, I recently upgraded to a current iPhone, and holy crap, now that is a screen. I don't expect them to go that crazy, but there's clearly room for improvement.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Persona 5 would be cool, but I really just want the Persona dancing and fighting games on Switch.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

bushisms.txt posted:

Really annoyed with that name, was hype for a soccer game of teams filled with demons.

Same here! Dang it.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Kazy posted:

Put FFXI on the Switch you cowards

BGrifter posted:

We’re only about 22 years away from the mobile version of FFXI coming out. Surely we’ll get a Switch port shortly after!

Can’t wait to run around murdering Quadavs in Gustaberg again. Bastok supremacy!

I would go apeshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIwBDNDO4M

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Planet Harriers, baby.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

DLC Inc posted:

imagine paying 30 bux for RE1 in 2019 and getting loving frame drops on it, jesus

also DC Online coming to Switch for SOME REASON

https://twitter.com/CrocOclock/status/1131560375533658114

That's a weird one.

I kinda like the idea of an MMO on there. I think SE was tinkering with the idea of FFXIV. I'd totally play Star Trek Online on the switch, because I'm a big dumb idiot.

DCUO never really grabbed me. It must be makin' money if they're still porting it around, though.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Len posted:

Ff11 on the switch you cowards

I would play the poo poo out of that.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I've always wanted there to be a cool Rollerball game.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Virtua Racing owns and Bloodstained feels like dogshit on the switch.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

bushisms.txt posted:

I hardly play in docked, that's why listed some games folks might not think as good for handheld. Mudrunner is a really good time especially, if you just want to focus on mechanics and going objectives. And the hd rumble is really great for it feeling the road.

Mudrunner is shockingly good as a portable game.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Add conversion therapy to smash.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Vegetable posted:

Which of the games in the Street Fighter collection should we be playing? There are so many it’s hard to choose.

Also not recommended to play these games on separate joycons. God my palms hurt. Buying an adapter so I can hook my DualShock up to it.

I mean, they all have certain charms, but 3rd Strike is the best Street Fighter.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I don't know how much those adapters are, but for $30 you can get the 8bitdo M30 and have a wireless controller with 6 face buttons and a better D-pad than either.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm shaking I really loving hope it's Metal Slug in smash I know it's a big ask and a really low probability but man oh man....

Sandwich Mode

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 4, 2019

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I am going to main Terry Bogard and I make you ask this solemn vow: by the time the next nonultimate Smash comes out I still will not know who he is. I will make no effort to learn

He's a pokemon man; hope this helps.

edit: a pokeman if you will

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
As an ignorant knave when it comes to JRPGs, I'm digging DQXI a lot. I've tried a lot of games in the genre, but I usually don't make it far (outside of the Persona series). This one is just... not annoying.

Maybe it'll reach a point where there's too much crap to manage and I'll lose the thread, but so far it's just been a nice, frictionless experience. I just solved Gallopolis's problems and got my 5th party member. I also love the look of everything. I guess I'm also pretty new to Toriyama. Looking at his list of stuff, the only game he worked on that I played was Tobal No. 1, and I've never watched Dragon Ball.

I just like looking at these fantasy people with their modern eyeglass frames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
“A few hours”

https://twitter.com/capcomusa_/status/1375296662462111745?s=21