Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I got myself Breath of the Wild, but my switch buddy tipped me off that it'll go on sale the 9th, and I'm curious what the chances are that the DLC will go on sale also. I'm really pumped to get started with the game, but another thing my switch bud said was that he wished he'd started on master mode, and so I feel like I can't really get going without the DLC, but that makes me want to get it right now. I'm so impatient.

So I guess to summarize:
  • Will the DLC go on sale, do you think?
  • Should I play master mode first time through if I'm a sucker for difficult games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

ah, well, that doesn't sound very entertaining

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Your friend hates you, sorry.

And the expansion pass has been on sale for 30% off in the past, so it is possible. It integrates fairly seamlessly into the main game and a lot of the content is late game anyway so just fuckin play BotW dude why are you waiting on one of the best games of all time, and you can wait a few days to see if the expansion goes on sale

I wasn't aware that my friend had ill will towards me, that's all!! I'm playing it now and building a hex against my "friend" don't worry.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Without getting into big spoilers, are there any items or abilities I should prioritize getting early on in BOTW? Being able to swim up waterfalls is pretty neat, for example, but if there's some other thingamajig that makes stuff smoother throughout the game, I'm curious about it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sounds like north west is my next destination. Thanks!

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone who feels "scammed" by goons convincing them to buy Animal Crossings, apparently Amazon sold out of the physical version and some parts of the country doesn't have access to buy video games locally. I sold mine on Ebay for more than I paid for it.

I liked the game, mainlined it for a couple of weeks, but eventually it starts to feel like work to me.

Granted, I haven't been following the thread, but; what? Why would anyone feel scammed for buying ACNH?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

oddium posted:

cooking a single hearty radish is a full heal + yellow hearts im p sure. game breaking

I've made an industry of big rear end durian and radish meals. 25 extra hearts? sure, absolutely.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Terraria a good port?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I've heard it has awful controls.

ah nuts, it seems like such a nice game to have on the game, too

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

so with button remapping, is there a chance I can pick up Terraria and make the controls good, or are they fundamentally hosed?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Wamdoodle posted:

The controls are fine it depends on how averse you are to building with a joystick instead of a mouse which is why some say the controls suck.

Like by default the cursor is bound to your character and there's an auto placing mode and it does it's best to set blocks and materials where it thinks you want it to go but it doesn't it very quickly and I can see it annoying someone whom is normally detail oriented. You can enter a precision mode and the cursor slows down and you can lay bricks to your own exacting standards. I think there's a touch control building option too but I've never tried it because touch controls are the devil.

Between the 3 something is workable but if you feel like that sounds like more trouble than it's worth than I probably wouldn't bother. It doesn't bother me in the slightest though but I don't get into the building aspect of it like other people do.

ah nuts, building is sort of my jam in Terraria. oh well!!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

nintendo game hypercube

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

confirming that jydge is loving great, but I'm a sucker for 10tons in general.

how is Diablo 3 on switch? I've put tons of time into the PC version, but with seasons, it's not like I'm losing that much.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 15, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

anatomi posted:

However, nothing is gonna fix the atrocious writing and voice direction.

luckily I'm past all that, so I can pretty much pop on a book or podcast and rush through all the dialogue

Your Computer posted:

it's absolutely perfect for the Switch and I'm not exaggerating

Fallom posted:

It’s literally Perfect on Switch

anyway, as a big D3 fan it sounds like I desperately need this, thanks!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I watched all of woolie's kirby lore vids and now I desperately need more

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

oh my god Diablo 3 is loving great on switch

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I maintain that D3 is just a drat good game, especially with all the improvements made over the seasons, so no need to feel guilty. hell, I've played my big loving share of D2 too, so I'd like to think I'm speaking from some experience.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I prefer the solo experience myself. it's pretty much a perfect podcast game, unless I'm running a really bad rift or something and then the intensity is fun.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Jables88 posted:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but because they knew it'd be a lot of people's second purchase, they've removed the requirement to beat story mode entirely and you can jump straight into the good poo poo. For this reason alone it's probably the best version of the game that exists.

oh my god

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

D3 gives you these insane paradigm shifting drops occasionally and I really love it.

Also, I'm continually stunned at how good BOTW is. I sometime have to just stop and take in how beautiful everything is.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

op current in regards to memory cards? I filled up my switch after two weeks.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Weedle posted:

do not get a 512gb card

Sounds ominous. Why is that?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Weedle posted:

it's just a bad value. compared to a 400gb card you're paying like 50% more for 25% more storage

ah, right oh. sounds like a 400gb is my best bet then.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Badly Jester posted:

Even if you're buying from Amazon directly, make sure to run your card through h2testw before you trust it with your data.

The problem with fake SD cards on Amazon is that Amazon handles storage and shipping for many dubious market place shops whose fake stock of SD cards gets thrown in with Amazon's regular stock.
The Samsung Evo Select line of SD cards are actually an effort to combat that - they're identical to Evo Plus cards, except that they're green and Amazon is the only vendor selling them.

I'm probably gonna buy from a trusted Norwegian supplier anyway. big dumb customs fee if I buy stuff like that internationally.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

How is it? I only vaguely remember the giant bomb Quick Look and Jimpressions videos.

I know I'm in the minority, but I did not enjoy VB. The gunplay is unsatisfying and the weapons feel dull, the gameplay is relatively slow and clumsy, the progression isn't interesting enough and I just don't get the "one more" impulse I get from other roguelikes. In general, I can't identify why people love it so much.
edit: yes and I did play on hard and upwards

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 16, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

ColdPie posted:

You can delete games

no?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Warframe is exceedingly unique in the f2p world, which is a shame.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Anybody else using the Magic NS for switch with a DS4 find that the gyros work sort of intermittently? It's not that big of a deal, but I'd grown sort of used to making micro adjustments to my aim in BOTW and whatnot when I used the regular switch controllers.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Wasn't this flag an Adbusters parody back in the nineties :lol::lol:

I was gonna post this exact thing. It's the adbusters flag baybee.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

good to see Games living up to its reputation

I agree with your sentiment but it was a pretty shoddy post.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

did you read the sign

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I did, I also saw oddium posting earlier asking to keep the signs out of the Switch thread as well.

Games is a very chill place, and I feel like we could do without the protests happening in the US encroaching into the Switch thread; regardless of the photoshop potential.

I feel like that's a fair shake.

fair enough, point taken and understood.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

What's the best turn based tactical game on deal right now? I was considering Steam World Heist, but I already have that on steam.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Heist is indeed great

Have you played Into the Breach and Mario x Rabbids?

I've been curious about MxR and whether it's good. I feel like I've never hear anyone talk about it.

Breach, of course, is fantastic.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

disgaea 4/5 is cool if you like it when numbers go up

should I start with 4 or 5?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

QOL is good. So if I'm either gonna buy MxR or D5, which one should I get? Which one is best for really diving into systems and nerding it up?

Or Fell Seal?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Andrast posted:

Disgaea is the "diving into systems and nerding it up" srpg

Well, poo poo, might just get both then, since I went for M+R

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

excuse me

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I feel like what might be confusing me most about Disagea 5 rn is that I have all these extra characters after picking up bonus/DLC items and I don't know what to do with them? Also, what's stopping me from just deploying nine hundred characters in a battle?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I hear a lot of people go on about what the best switch stand is

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The Silver Snail posted:

Your switch's ventilation intake is full of moo cow hair.

makes it faster because the switch works harder

bushisms.txt posted:

This is true, my stand doesn't even have a butthole

in really intense gaming moments my stand farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Hammer Bro. posted:

Your moo cow is dangerously thin, but I'm glad you follow the naming convention for black and white chonkers regardless.

Oh that's just the angle, she is a thicc baby.