Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I just got a standard Switch, is there a consolidated post covering what I should/shouldn't do? Should I install games or run then off the card, sleep mode versus turning the system off, wired vs wireless controllers, ect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Lodin posted:

Someone else pointed it out already but I suspect that Nintendo haven't been hitting their expected sales numbers this year, despite Animal Crossing selling shitloads of copies. There's probably other games that got pushed back so they slapped together the 3D collection and made it time limited. Their fourth fiscal quarter ends at March 31st and that's when they stop selling the collection.
... *OR* we're in a global pandemic and Nintendo is making a bear market play to make sure the coffers are reasonably stocked in case something silly happens. Say, for instance, the USD craters in value and sends one of their biggest markets into total anarchy.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Lodin posted:

Yeah, this is probably more likely. After all Animal Crossing and the Mario Collection are the two best selling games on Amazon this year and that's insane.
Right. Most of the world's economies are in totally uncharted waters right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the genesis of this collection was Nintendo reflexively shifting into watershed operations at the start of the pandemic.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Mega64 posted:

There will be a new co-op mode where player 2 is Lakitu.
Congratulations, you've just created a license to print money for Arin Hansen and Dan Adavian.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 7, 2020

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Was there supposed to be a physical release of Crypt of the Necrodancer with all the Zelda DLC this year?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

One of the missions is just buying 3D All-Stars. :thunk:

I guess that's one way to implement physical preorder bonuses.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

imagine trying to negotiate legend of the mystical ninja starring goemon from loving konami
God, even Great Adventure would be excellent. :sigh:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Vigilante 8 still fuckin rips, though.
It and the sequel carried the 64's relevance through high school for me and my friends. Also Howard Drossin, one of the people responsible for the soundtrack, is actually kind of a name in the music industry. I know he collaborated with RZA in Man With the Iron Fists, and he was one of two redeeming qualities of the Splatterhouse revival.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

no Goemon who gives a poo poo

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Nintendo/Microsoft... Release the HD Perfect Dark, so I can school Father Wendigo all over again. :smug:

You need to host a TED Talk if they rerelease PD because HOLY poo poo, the level of control you have over bot AI in multiplayer is ridiculous. Pathing options, gun preferences, reload behavior... it's jaw dropping.

Speaking of multiplayer, does Switch offer anything like the PS4's Shareplay?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait a second... Reload behaviour? I don't remember that option, unless it was labeled as something else.
Maybe I'm thinking of preferring primary or secondary fire on guns? Anyway, there's depth that necessitates an in depth elucidation.

Also on the subject of DKC 3 and Donkey Kong Land 3: DKL3'S music came off as much more intense than it's SNES counterpart. The overworld theme sounds very different without the flute-y lead.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Is Mass Effect the one where the ending was so bad the fans revolted and they had to release a free DLC that had a better ending?
Sort of. The DLC took place the night before the really lovely endings, which were unchanged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

'So Long Gay Bowser' removed from SMAS3D

WHAT THE gently caress?!

I'm buying a scalped preorder recipt off of Ebay JUST SO I CAN CANCEL IT. :argh: