Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The best thing about Into The Breach is the Vice Fist, since it lets you suplex kaiju.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Bulgakov posted:

yah. it's messed up. how are the dpads on third party controllers? wired, etc. don't care.

its frigged up thinking about that would ever be a thing but here we are.

I use my PS4 controller with the 8bitdo adapter and it's super.

I'm not sure I could have beaten the White Palace or the Radiance in Hollow Knight without it.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

There's also that 1964 Emulator (and the fork off that project) that lets you play Goldeye / Perfect Dark the way God intended, with a mouse & keyboard :colbert:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Just gotta always be dragging a banana peel or shell behind you. At least in MK8 there's a chance to pick up the super horn from an item box while in first, which can blast blue shells

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

How is that different from streaming?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

loudog999 posted:

Im interested in the 8bitdo adapter to use my DS4 with the Switch. Are there any drawbacks to it? Do you guys recommend it? I was using the 8bitdo pro controller for 2d games until I broke it. I prefer the DS4 d pad to the joycon and pro controller and the adapter is cheaper than a replacement for that.

Only drawback is that it can't wake the Switch from sleep, so you still need a right joycon nearby.

e: yes I reccomend it

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Ciaphas posted:

I would bet a poll would make it 50/50, yeah. Or at least 66/33

there was no loving way I was going to try to navigate that maze when the game already taught me I could abuse physics to play pinball :colbert:

Coincidentally I just got to this shrine this morning. I tried like 10 times to do it "correctly", but I either couldn't get the ball to fly far enough at the end, or I misaligned it so it rolled off into the void. I was playing handheld so I had to lay on the floor when I finally gave up and flipped the maze upside down.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Mahoning posted:

Speaking of spending a lot of money on something.....the 512GB PNY microSD card is $100 off on Amazon and can be had for the low low price of $200!

$200? You can get a PS4 for that!

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

It took me approximately 1-2 hours of using the Satisfye to get used to the asymmetrical grip, but now I wouldn't play handheld any other way.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Zero Mission is a better game than Super Metroid, that is my hot take.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

HenryEx posted:

Hot take for an inuit, at best

Fridge temp or lukewarm at best to everyone else.

I also liked Unepic more than Super Metroid :supaburn:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Speaking of patches, the one that automatically draws the seals in Dawn of Sorrow is :discourse:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Weedle posted:

That’s more than I paid for my Steam Link

Including shipping? :colbert:

Mine was $10.50 w/ shipping

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

morallyobjected posted:

...I do agree that some of the areas were just slightly too big in terms of needing to get to one specific area and not having any convenient way to fast-travel there. overall a really fun game, though.

The dreamgate fixes the two places in the game where I felt this was an issue, the traitor lord boss fight, and the trek back to the grey mourner if you failed.

e: Oh and that one place in bottom-right of crystal peak with all the flipping platforms and the loving crystal hunters that take way too many hits to die for what little shits they are. :argh:

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 22, 2019

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The game should be way more clear about the fact that you can quit to menu at any time without losing anything (except your place on the map, since it just moves you back to the last bench you rested at).

Also that resting is what respawns most enemies...

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 22, 2019

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Rogue Aces is on sale for :fivecbux:, looks fun?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

eonwe posted:

$15 I think? Maybe $20

cant remember

:20bux:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Can't wait for Wacky Wheels on Switch, about time we got a decent kart racer.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

il-landier posted:

All joycon colours are beautiful in their own way

Agreed, also, grey isn't a color

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Manoueverable posted:

Link's Awakening 3D with a Majora's Mask-like narrative focus on the villagers, especially Malon, as Link progresses through the dungeons would be extremely my poo poo.

From 2 pages ago, but, Marin, not Malon. Hate to be pedantic, but I've beaten Link's Awakening more times than any other video game I own.

e: I realize that they're basically the same character.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Pylons posted:

It's hard to get people interested in a "4" when they've never played the first 3.

Worked for Star Wars. Also Commander Keen, for me.

e: And Elder Scrolls, though even more people probably started with 5

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 12, 2019

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Watcher Knights suck, I always end up putting them off until the end of my run, once I've picked up Quick Slash and have the nail maxed.

While not a "damage race" per se, the two independently moving bosses end up creating un-dodgeable combinations when they traverse the screen, so it's easier to blitz them down as quickly as possible.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Picked up Steamworld Heist on sale off of the thread recommendation.

It's pretty good, but holy poo poo do some of the missions like to throw enemies at you. There were a few that I couldn't 3-Star without revisiting much later in the game, after I had weapons that could one-shot enemies, or even perform multiple attacks per turn.

Also, gently caress the close combat enemies that explode on death.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Achmed Jones posted:

No way the evil mantis dude is way harder.

Source: I can’t beat him (I never did try any of the cheese strategies this thread recommended, by that time I’d lost interest v_v)

He telegraphs his attacks with enough time to shade dash through all of them. I will point out that this fight is 100x easier if you place a dreamgate right below the entrance, so you don't have to slog through 5 minutes of thorns and those loving squeaky hinged platforms for every attempt

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Went to Best Buy in person, got 2 digital game codes (NSMBU and Odyssey) for $40 apiece, so congrats to Best Buy for being the only company to participate in the advertised Mario day sale.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hollow Knight is probably my favorite BacktrackingInterconnectedGameAreasNewAbilitiesLearned

Or, BIGANAL

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Mega64 posted:

Troidvanes

Castleroids

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Beastie posted:

I jumped on RICO because I liked the idea of a FPS crime dungeon rogue-ish game.

Also has co-op.

I’ll let you guys know if it sucks.

Interested in hearing about this, if you have an update.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Gyro aim is one of the two features that make OoT 3D far superior to the original.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I'm more excited for Danny Baranowsky set loose on the Zelda soundtrack than I am for the game itself.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Andrast posted:

You have far too much faith in the level design skills of random people

Yeah imagine if they did this for Mario

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Beastie posted:

Anyone check out Katana Zero?

It has at least one katana, so I docked it a few points for a misleading premise.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rNzEpPLE0

Who is the magic goon that keeps wishing these things into existence?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Beastie posted:

It was me!

I knew it had just come up within this thread, figures I couldn't remember that it was in reply to my own post.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

If they make a sequel, I hope they call it XIII II

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Danyull posted:

What games can I get for my Switch that are relaxing in the same way as Stardew Valley but also not SDV because I've played it for hundreds of hours on PC already? I was looking at My Time at Portia but apparently that runs like rear end.

Breath of the Wild, Moonlighter, or Minecraft?

e: Dragon Quest Builders

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

less laughter posted:

the games industry made $135,000,000,000 last year

That's revenue, not profit.

Takoluka posted:

are we counting mobile games, because Pokemon GO made $85 million last September by itself, and Monster Strike became the highest grossing app of all time last year

I imagine games like those, Fate/GO, and Fire Emblem Heroes greatly affect how that number plays out

Mobile games accounted for 50% of the above number.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Are all switch games technically mobile games? :thunk:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

American McGay posted:

lmfao what the gently caress is this take?

A derivative of the standard argument against perpetual copyright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Once video games recoup their development costs, they should become free, since profit is evil