Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I don't know what emulator they're using, if it's the Canoe thing from the SNES classic but I'm glad Super Mario World feels "right", every time I've tried to play it over the years through various methods it's always felt off, but everything feels good in this version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
So how does the SNES controller thing work? I missed the first round. Will they eventually just be available when supply catches up or is it a limited run?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything... The Switch Parental Controls are awful right? I've checked the app and the Switch itself but I can't find anyway to just password protect my account so it can't be used without a PIN. I have a 3 and 7 year old and the 3 year old loves Mario Kart but inevitably gets curious and tries to delete my Fire Emblem save.

Anyone have any suggestions? I considered honestly buying them both Switch lites but then I'd have to rebuy the games unless I do that weird primary/child console/ maintain internet connection thing.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I have a parental controls question...

Is there anyway to PIN protect a user account on the switch? Myself and my 2 little boys all share the switch which is fine! And we all have our own accounts but my 3 year old is having issues grasping not to play on daddies account and mess up his progress in games lol. Most other consoles I just slap a password on the account and no biggie. Not finding a way to do this on Switch though.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

My SN30 Pro+ came in today and it's pretty good. A few observations about it:

It turns on/off just fine when on battery, but when I try to use it while charging it goes straight to pairing mode. This means I have to turn on my Switch with another controller and go to "Change Grip/Order" to get it working. I don't really see this being a problem outside of the initial charge though.

The sticks are similar to the Pro Controller but just a bit smaller. It's one of those things you wouldn't really notice looking at it unless you had them side by side, but I can definitely feel it. I think the ABXY buttons are the same angle as the Pro Controller but since they're smaller they feel a bit more spaced out--not really a problem just another difference. I'm excited by the analog ZL/ZR triggers but I don't think anything will make use of them on the Switch, which is a shame.

The D-pad though, it's great. It's not necessarily better than a "fixed" D-pad on the Pro Controller, but the DualShock configuration is definitely better for 2D games. I picked up the G Classic edition and the texture is very reminiscent of an OG Game Boy. Now, I haven't actually used my Game Boy since I bought a Pocket in 1998, but it's definitely a unique and welcomed feel.

My expectation is that I'd still prefer the Pro Controller for 3D games, but would use the SN30 Pro+ for 2D, and also just to have around as a second full controller. I think it will serve both of those roles pretty well.

I got mine this morning as well. I'm using mine with my SNES classic with a retro receiver and it's phenomenal for that. Not sure how well it'll work with multiple devices but I might check into it as I'd like to try it on my Switch as well.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I also love my Genki Covert Dock, just be careful if you have a 4 year old and the angled USB C cable thing can be a little weak. My kid yanked a little hard on the wire and ripped the end off the cable. :(

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Ok I want to check with the experts concerning a two switch household.

I have a normal Switch I bought on day one. I have basically bought every game digitally with my profile. I have two kids. We all each have our own profiles. It is time for one of the kids to have their own Switch Lite. They will likely take it on car rides and to babysitters house. I basically only play the original switch at home.

I want to make sure this is accurate. If I don’t want to buy every game again, I probably need to make the new switch Lite the new primary Switch and download all the games my kid will play onto it. And have mine and his profile on it. That way it’s not doing a phone home check constantly.

Then the original switch becomes the one that stays home and has to constantly be on the internet to continue to use?

Does that sound right?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Would anyone have recommendations for games for a 4 year old? We have all the big 1st party Nintendo stuff.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
This may not be the thread for it, but I have a launch switch that I’d love to get some of my snes and gba games onto it that Nintendo hasn’t released yet. Is it worth modding your switch or is it a total headache?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
So I'm still trying to wrap my head around Nintendo Accounts and game access. I may have even asked this before.

I have an original Switch that I've had for several years now. I have my account and two kids accounts on it. Everything was great, we could all share games and have fun playign all the games. All the games are digital because I didn't want my kids having to deal with switching cartridges all the time. But my 4 year old kept playing on my account. So in my genius I thought I'd buy the littlest one a Switch Lite. So I did that. I setup the Switch Lite as the new "Primary" switch since I figured it'd occasionally leave the house but the original dockable switch wouldn't. I imported all the accounts over and things seemed good.

On the Switch lite all the accounts work great. Everything is awesome. But when we try and play on the original Switch only my account that bought the games can play them now. The kids accounts can't play at all. Is this pretty typical in this scenario? You can't share digital purchases on multiple switches?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I got a little RG351v handheld emulator thingy and I want to start replaying Earthbound but I also have a very very very small hope that we'll get it on the Switch soon maybe around E3... But I also know that's never going to happen. :(

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

This was my exact reaction.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Yall think we’ll ever get Wind Waker HD on Switch?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
So this is gonna sound crazy but I found out using the joycons on the treadmill actually works really well. It made time fly by walking / jogging while playing.

What are some games that are engrossing enough to keep my brain occupied but also not so action oriented to make me lose balance on the machine? Again this a crazy idea but I had a blast the other day doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

American McGay posted:

I know the joy cons are garbage but I think a lot of people either dismiss or don't even realize just how comfy gaming with a split joy con setup can be. It depends on the game certainly, and if it's anything higher intensity I prefer the pro controller because my fingers start to slip off the shoulder buttons when I grip them tighter. But for something chill like just exploring the map in BOTW it's truly a different gaming experience.

Yeah I actually started to wonder if there is a niche market for a pc controller like the joycons. Some joycons plus a steam link would be crazy cool.