Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hopefully this thread moves a little slower so I can keep up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Your Computer posted:

when will I be able to play Donkey Kong 64 on my Nintendo Switch

It's Dunkey Kong now and you have to play as that youtube guy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Annath posted:

I like my neon red and blue, but I'd like a D-Pad. Is there a tutorial/walkthrough you used?

(I also like the Atomic Purple joycons (can you buy them?)because that was the color of my 1st Gameboy Color :3: )

If you just want to buy them assembled, there are people on etsy that sell them. They cost like 120 dollars though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have literally never received anything that I ordered from amazon on release date, regardless of when I pre-ordered. gently caress em.

While that might be the case for you, it's not the case for everyone. I've never gotten anything late.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I don't have a Japanese wall street journal subscription, so I can't read the whole article. Is this like a revision or just like an animal crossing themed Switch or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If it is demonstrably better than the original Switch, then that's one way to get people off those piracy ready release switches.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh sorry, I meant homebrew linux.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think you have to walk offscreen to the left to get to 2v2.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

content posted:

Korg Gadget is a pretty fun pseudo DAW, but is comically overpriced on the switch. Plus, there's no MIDI functionality (no, labo doesn't work), so maybe research it before you make the plunge. I personally can't imagine using a DAW without some sort of MIDI keyboard compatibility, and I don't see Nintendo adding support anytime soon.

It looked interesting but I was reading that there's no way to do anything with what you create and you can't export it.

Kithyen posted:

Any particular brand of sd card i should go with for the switch or just whatever has the best cost to gig ratio?

35 dollars is the lowest you will see a real 128GB card. if something seems too good to be true, it is. It might show up as being the correct size, but it will just pretend to write things above the actual flash size (probably 32GB) and the files it shows will appear to be corrupted, but just won't even exist. Samsung is a good brand.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can't wait for the announcement that the snes games will only work on New Switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Some random guy definitely has reliable sources that say WWHD and TPHD are totally coming to switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Nintendo sells the replacement cardboard bits for other labo kits. I wonder if they will sell a replacement VR viewer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

IDK why Nintendo controllers are laid out like they are, but that reasoning seems kinda flimsy. Japanese is nominally read left to right, top to bottom, it's only vertical lines that you read from the right.

With the Playstation though, O and X were meant to mirror the meaning of A and B from the Nintendo controllers, except the meaning of O and X as symbols are totally reversed in Japan and in America. They see X as something no good that's crossed out, we use it as an equivalent to a check mark. Teachers here circle things that need correcting, teachers there circle things that are correct (and checkmark things that are wrong!!)

So some moron at Sony America decided to flip the standard meaning of those buttons here and 20 years later it's still a huge loving headache for everyone.

What? I've never gotten a test back and been excited to see a bunch of X's. X means wrong or stop.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I mean its based in reality and its a common gently caress up, but its not like Japanese people are incapable of distinguishing L and R (except when writing), if they recognize its a foreign word they'll usually get it right. And also if you're just talking about the letters L and R, they pronounce them differently

Yeah but you might X a box if you're filling out paperwork, which is what Sony of America was going for

So Japanese people circle boxes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to bring the switch on the metro but I'm worried I'll drop it when it jostles. It's kind of unwieldy.

I need to get an actual controller too the joycons are awful feeling

Do you have a nerve disorder or something

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Golf Peaks is good for the price.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The log tells you how he played the game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fayez Butts posted:

just tell him he can press up on the d pad or whatever to scroll through his recently grabbed loot

Come on dude, that hard drops the piece.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I am the bat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yoku's Island Express.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Astro7x posted:

ESRB ratings are stupid, and is there any reason why the industry can't just self regulate themselves with rating their own content? That's what TV does, there is no ratings board that assigns ratings for shows.

The entire reason for the ESRB existing is because the games industry didn't want the government stepping in and creating overly harsh rules and ratings. They created the ESRB to show they were putting in the effort to stop children from playing GTA or Doom or whatever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

japtor posted:

It's on my eventual buy list, looked fun. I think the problem is it came out around the same time (same day?) as Baba is You, which feels like it kinda sucked up all the air for puzzle games when it came out.

Buy it anyway. When you get stuck on Baba Is You, do a few golf peaks levels.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Baba is You is hard.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If people didn't have full on meltdowns whenever someone said "durability" it would probably end with just that one post.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's the better call saul prequel.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE INTO THE SLOT. IT’S FIRE EMBLEM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CHROM. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I FIRE DOWN SOME EMBLEMS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE FIRES MOST DANGEROUS EMBLEM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE EMBLEMS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 8 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just don't understand how you can live in society and not run into pop culture. Do you just not interact with other humans? I don't follow Marvel stuff because I don't really like it but I still run into captain America and Thanos memes on a daily basis.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've been playing Tetris 99 because of the event thing, and while it's fun, it gets really frustrating by how random it is. One round I just play as best as I can and I get to top 20. Next round I'm clearing a couple lines and then I somehow get like 10 lines of garbage and it keeps piling on and I'm the 5th person knocked out within like 20 seconds. The next round, I get a notification on my phone and I'm looking at that. Then i look back and there's just pieces piling up in the middle and I make it to 75th place when the pieces pile up to the top. I just don't get how people are able to send several lines of garbage when I haven't even got enough pieces to even fill up a row yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The game just started, how do I have 12 lines of garbage less than a minute into the game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I recently bought a Wii U just to replay Xenoblade 1 and X on and was annoyed when the Wii U Pro Controller could work while playing X but not when doing backwards compatibility with 1 so I had to dig out a Wii classic controller and plug it into a Wiimote that I shove into a pocket solely when playing XB1.

Is that a Wii game? If so, it's just running on Wii hardware that doesn't know what a wiiu pro controller is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The actual replacement cardboard packs are 5-20 dollars each.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Takoluka posted:

lmao if you put a screen protector on your switch

Not all of us care about preserving the matte finish.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I tried the shower trick the last time I put on a screen protector and it just resulted in having water spots instead of dust.

You aren't supposed to put your switch inside the shower.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Fuckin Golf Peaks. There was one level where I kept trying to figure it out and nothing was working. Then I loaded it up while watching a video and completed the level first try without even thinking about a plan. Now I have to figure out this one level in the last set of levels. I don't have enough jumpy cards.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I love gyro aiming and use it in any game that has it, but it definitely takes me a few minutes to adjust to the aiming being backwards every time I sit down for a play session.

Aiming backwards? What? With Gyro aiming you just point the switch where you want to aim.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Groose is calamity ganon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tilting a joystick forward aims up, but tilting the controller forward with gyro aims down. I get that it's meant to be used like a pointer, but I have a hard time thinking about it that way.

I think your brain is just entirely broken.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Nintendo selling the VR extension kits yet? I want the set that includes everything but my Best Buy only has the base set.

The Nintendo online store might be.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mega64 posted:

It’s the Nintendo thread, we’re all tragically, aggravatingly stupid at heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I don't see anything about them adding every previous Zelda game to my account, what a failure of an update.