Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Humble Bundle has another Kodansha bundle up with the main manga, a slime diaries one, and some spinoff about him working in an office as a slime. There are a few other series in it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

doomrider7 posted:

The manga has a narrative. It's all 4koma, but each chapter is part of the same theme, but different POV's if that makes sense. The Christmas Chapter for instance was them prepping as well as the event itself with each 4koma being a different prep moment, reaction, etc., if that makes sense. I'd say check it out and see for yourself on websites.

Yeah, I tried a couple issues and was just hopping it morphed down the line. 4koma just isn't my thing.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Smoking Chicken of the Sea

Nullsmack posted:

Humble Bundle has another Kodansha bundle up with the main manga, a slime diaries one, and some spinoff about him working in an office as a slime. There are a few other series in it too.

That office one is hilarious since it's Corporate Fat Bastard Veldora. Everyone is working as office drones yet are still entirely in character.

Gyges posted:

Yeah, I tried a couple issues and was just hopping it morphed down the line. 4koma just isn't my thing.

Yeah sorry man. This one's strictly 4koma.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 8, 2021

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gyges posted:

Forgot to mention, but you may want to give Trinity a try since that's regular format.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yeah, I was hopping that they would use trinity to expand the series instead of diaries. At least have them show up as bit characters.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gyges posted:

Yeah, I was hopping that they would use trinity to expand the series instead of diaries. At least have them show up as bit characters.

Funny thing is, the characters from Trinity manga show frequently as background characters as well as references to some events from one or the other.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I really liked Trinity's take on the Falmas invasion too. Really made it feel like more than the tragedy of Shion, Gobta's buddy, and some mooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gyges posted:

I really liked Trinity's take on the Falmas invasion too. Really made it feel like more than the tragedy of Shion, Gobta's buddy, and some mooks.

Same. There was something just more hurtful in seeing it play out like that as well as Foss's reaction since she looked and felt so ashamed about breaking the "Do not hurt humans" rule and have be all for nothing in the end.