Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wrt Dragon in the Manga, does Veldora show up again physically after Slime eats him in chap 2?

(Manga spoilers)He doesn't show up in the main chapters, but the bonus chapters for the printed books are him commenting on the things Rimuru does. If you take that as canon, it means he's at least able to observe what's going on while inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Onean, no offense but maybe you should stop talking about future manga chapters without spoilers.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Conot posted:

One thing I keep wondering about is what form Veldora's protection of the forest took (spoilers for the funidub people)

Manga spoiler (a setting detail that either hasn't come up yet or didn't make it into the anime adaptation, so not a big one):

It isn't necessarily the whole of it, but the more civilized nations knew that Veldora was there and were worried causing a disturbance in the area might wake him up, so they basically had an agreement to never send armies/cause fights in the area. I get the impression even adventurers were rarely sent in, hence why the party in episode 2 was a big deal and why no one harvested the apparently super valuable ores and herbs Rimuru ate.

Probably by the same token no one intelligent was willing to attack a village of puny goblins who worshiped the living WMD.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 5, 2018

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Captain_duck posted:

Well theres seperate threads for Attack on Titan at least, but for this theres only this thread while there also is a manga, and the original webnovel that just anyone can read.

But i agree, if you are going to post spoilers, everyone at least should mark em with Manga or WN spoiler.

We're not really discussing current manga chapters, so not much need for a manga only thread. The manga spoilers in here seem to mostly be manga readers thinking anime watchers will want to know what's going to happen.

For what it's worth, my memory of the Attack on Titan and several other shows threads were pretty similar unless/until a firm "stop giving spoilers, no one wants them" message was given.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I think usually the long delays are because the anime is waiting for the source material to get far enough ahead for another season.

I believe I've heard that Reincarnated as a Slime is already set for 2 seasons, at least. At the rate they're going that looks set to put them at least a little where the manga is now, I don't know about the novel.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

The gifts were a very smart move. First of all the adventurers are going to be the first ones bringing information about the village to their kingdom, so you want their impression to be as positive as possible. But no matter how glowing the report, some people are going to read between the lines and see "goblin outpost rapidly growing in numbers and power" and decide to do something now. If the adventurers are wearing the fine craftsmanship at the time otoh the conversation rapidly swings from "dirty uncivilised savages" to "valuable trading partners".

It also speaks of a multi-racial town with dwarves, instead of just goblins riding worgs. So yeah, it will probably make a much better impression, especially since the "and their legendary dwarven smith made them great gear!" is probably going to be the part that spreads the fastest.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant believe gobta loving died

I feel like eventually Gobta is going to get sick of being the neglected comic relief and become the final boss.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

NowonSA posted:

I admit I did think to myself as they did a quick surprise attack and withdrew quickly after that it's not a bad idea to mix that in to the defensive strategy. Have the bulk of the defenses in the labyrinth, but also have scouts keeping tabs on the orcs and a small elite squad doing hit and run attacks where the look vulnerable to reduce their numbers. Gabiru overall seems to be advocating for more of a full bore offense though, which is a real bad idea.

Definitely value in going all-in on defense too, it seems like the best approach if all you want to do is buy time and that's what their overall position and goal should be at this point.

It isn't made clear in the anime, but he's not in favor of a suicidal frontal attack or anything (which they would clearly lose, simply due to numbers). Since the Lizardmen's territory is marsh that other races have trouble moving in he favors exactly what the anime showed, sneak attacks against small numbers of orcs followed by a quick withdrawal before they can react, and as the narration points out if it were any other enemy it would work fine.

The big problem isn't that his tactics are bad, it's that he's too proud to wait for Rimuru's help.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

tsob posted:

I'd have thought another major problem would be that he's operating on minimal information and doesn't know his enemy. You can't formulate good tactics without good information, and just because one plan is good in one circumstance (orcs are weak normally) doesn't make it good in another circumstance (orcs are capable of exponential growth). That lack of willingness to scout out new information and plan accordingly and instead just make assumptions is a major problem and display of his pride/idiocy in and of itself.

Well, yes. The chieftain did know about that, and it's why he elected to hide in the caves and wait for help instead of doing what Gabiru is doing. I just meant that Gabiru isn't quite the stereotypical "we will charge a superior army and win!" idiot - he's clever enough to use guerilla tactics that would beat any normal enemy.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Honestly it feels like all of the female designs in the anime have been "same style clothes, but they're 10% smaller". Milim was just already the least dressed in the original artwork and it went from "lol anime" to "This is seriously creepy."

Still a funny episode, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I'm reminded of the Oglaf comic (NSFW, so not linking it) where all the various fantasy races are wondering why females of every race look the same and think humans are creepy since their men look like weird distorted women.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 2, 2019