Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There sure is a variety of anime goblins this season. I like this more though, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Slow? Ep 1 maybe, there was a lot of exposition and exploration, but ep 2 was a funny chat with the dragon followed by monster murder and then the first major plot hook with the goblins. It may not be lightning fast but I don't know that I'd call it slow.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Does a romance come up? It seems weird that one of the biggest things that first ep kinda drills is hes a virgin and felt real lovely how he died without ever even having a g/f and that could never be a thing.

Not that I'm complaining tbh

Speaking of which, despite all the praise and commentary I'd heard about the series prior to the first episode, I still became extremely nervous when the MC lamented not getting laid before dying and then claiming that he wouldn't hold back in the next life and acquired the PREDATOR skill. Thankfully all the praise was right and it is indeed so far Not That Kind Of Isekai Show, but boy was that a spooky moment.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Caidin posted:

Rimuru spent a lot of time eating magic rocks/plants too, so that probably factors into his stats too. And after that he went around eating probably low to mid tier monsters before he got out of the cave. One thing I'm a bit curious about is why exactly a sealed Verudora scares off direwolves and some empire but not the cave mobs.

Because Veldora merely adopted the cave. They were born in it, molded by it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yinlock posted:

not as deep as the giant bolt that's embedded in his skull

i want a spinoff that's just about this dude, he probably has some stories to tell

Had. I wouldn't count on long term memory.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

Question, I'm not very big into anime, how common is it for shows like this to get additional seasons?

Fun Isekai shows?

*thinks about Devil Is A Part-Timer, No Game No Life, Re-Zero*

Uhh, temper your expectations. KonoSuba got a second season so it's not unprecedented.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I am so loving mad that it didn't go any farther because everything past the stuff the anime actually covered is fantastic and the character introduced immediately following the anime's ending is the best in the entire show(except maybe Gabriel. actually no, even if Gabriel rules he's not as good as Alas Ramus and all the shenanigans she is involved in/causes)

man I wanna see the following arc stuff animated so bad :(
1000% agreed, minus the stuff about the novels because I've only watched the anime. It was so good and I want more so badly...

I waited this long without reading Chihayafuru and it finally got its third season. Maybe my waiting for this will pay off too.

Probably not. But maybe.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I nearly cried twice this episode, towards the end of Shizu's passing and again when the adventurers said their thanks to her. I have no idea why it hit me as hard as it did but I'm not complaining. They really did right by the character and they managed to make me really appreciate her and the impact she had on people (and the impact the world had on her) even though she was only in a few episodes all things considered. Great stuff. I love slime show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

wholesome or wholeslime