Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Why didn't Rimuru evolve too when Veldora named him? Is Slime a dead-end evolution?

There was an effect but his form didn't change; presumably since slimes are amorphous anyway there's no point in them changing visually much

I like this show. It's a bit like Overlord except with a lot more charm and a lot less edge, and far more consistent production values

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This show's real advantage over One Piece is that it is a good adaptation of what seems like an okay LN, as opposed to a terrible adaptation of a loving phenomenal manga

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I kind of got the impression from her that she might be a child that ended up being reincarnated in this world and just... never grew up, mentally, but I guess that's not the case

Which actually makes her kind of unique, then, since we have a lot of characters but none of them were idiot children, that classic anime staple, until now

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The real acid test of this will be what happens next episode, but I do think this show is a little too reluctant to indulge in a darker atmosphere. Like they set the initial tone in a certain way and they're afraid to deviate from it.

Time will tell though.

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 2, 2021

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's pretty weird but also kinda appropriate that the goblins/grandpa/g-orc team got the best looking sequences in this episode