Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Knorth posted:

There wasn't even a truck! :colbert:

Maybe not, but still a very motivated isekai recruiter.

"Make your girlfriend happy. Also, blast my cache."

A bit slow for a first episode but hopefully all the skills stuff is largely out of the way, though the CG imagery helped keep it at least visually interesting. The lively animation for stuff other than talking to a mostly static dragon also helped, and it looks like it should be kept up later. Good to know that the cache was blasted.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A crossover between slime dad and witch mom who killed slimes for 300 years.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nowhere further up to go. Slimedad is already the ultimate being.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I assumed the aura was from consuming Veldora.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've read ahead a bit in the manga and boy it moves fast.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well a later character appears to have a crush on him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ACCA is practically an entire series of people just talking to each other.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They did a good job making those punches feel like they had some weight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

Except Ifrit, apparently. He's just an rear end in a top hat I guess.

And the summoner guy.

I like that the three human adventurers are good people and a tight knit group, and that they were reasonably competent in the fight if very outclassed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something else I like about this is that Rimuru being a pretty stable working adult with some degree of managerial experience before getting isekaied makes the society development and trade aspects more believable, along with him handling things with more maturity than the average isekai protagonist. Granted he's still kind of a horn dog (riding a horned dog), but him being a leader isn't much of a stretch compared to an angry teen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That was definitely better handled than how the manga did it, and I got a bit choked up, particularly when the three adventurers came in. They're good folks.

And yeah this world was basically hell for her, so not wanting to be buried in it vs the closest option she had to her actual home is understandable. She died in close enough to the apocalypse, got dragged into forced servitude with a curse that threatened to destroy anyone she got close to and is a constant reminder of how she died, and despite becoming an admired hero felt she had no lasting impact. You kind of lose it in the more upbeat tone of Rimuru's adventures, but he's very much the exception for people who got isekaied to this world. Shizue had a hard life and it's good that she could finally rest.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 20, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think he so much wasted no time in trying the human form as just kind of ended up in it as a result of eating her and was too emotional to notice immediately.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hot take: They're both good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That the author was previously a civil engineer explains the attention paid to actually showing some of the aspects of how the huts were built and the town was being laid out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I choose to believe the naming evolution thing, from goblins through wolves through orc lord and ogres, is all just to set up the punchline of the one evolved ogre just looking like a scruffy middle aged guy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah that's pretty much normal isekai.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad Rigurd's flexing continues. May it never stop. Also the little bits of Shion being happy to just hold Rimuru are fun.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 11, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Where the author is a flaming racist?

I think it was the director for MMO Junkie, not the author.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shouldn't Gobuta have a sword now? Also it's good to have a reminder that Ranga isn't just Rimuru's personal mount, he's also like the second most powerful person in the village.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 26, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poil posted:

I liked their take on the carrot and stick motivation when Gobta fought Gabiru. If you win you'll get a shiny stick but if you lose you'll have to eat her cooked carrot.

What doesn't kill Gobta only makes him stronger.

Nothing can kill Gobta.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Redeemuru.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The ED has Ranga continuing to be a good boy, and also a dire chipmunk.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

It still throws me that it's a 37 year old man in feminine androgynous body.

Living his best life. Also I just noticed in the good ED (which encapsulates the whole ethos of the show) that Veldora flies with his arms crossed because of course he does.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

i'm fine with it because it's not a permanent change

I agree with the general "prettying up the monsters is the cowards way" sentiment though

Yeah the oni were basically ok, but the ninja lizards were changed too much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Aw! Gabiru just went from 'entertaining dumbass' to 'treacherous dumbass.'

And that's why he's on cave farming duty.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Edit: I haven't read any of the source material for this part, but it didn't feel like anything was particularly lacking. A bit more background on Youm would have been good, but it could well be coming down the road and his archetype isn't really one that needs too much explanation anyway. Milim is good and helps give some impulsiveness to the show that the rest of the cast doesn't really have (which is a good thing), except when model of patience Shion gets mad.

Gobta continues to own.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 29, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Who gives a poo poo what reddit thinks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The $8 tier alone is worth it for gems and Flying Witch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

duz posted:

After all, they are the moderate harlequin alliance not the evil harlequin alliance.

Is there that much of a difference?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rimuru names orcs for reps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Getting caught back up, I love how dorky charybdis looks and how they work his stupid face in constantly to defuse any tension.