Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It did make me laugh how much they were telegraphing the elves were going to be totally different from what he expected, but then nope, they really are just boobyelves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, if you're looking for high stakes or deep interfactional conflict, this isn't really that story. I mean, you do get that way later on, but with how far this show plans to go we're probably only going to see one example and even that is resolved in a pretty tidy manner.

That said, it helps to keep in mind that most of the people Rimuru's incorporated so far are considered subhuman monsters by the majority of the world. It goes some way to explaining why everything is so copacetic at this stage when you remember that, from their perspective, a benevolent deity showed up on their doorstep, told them they're deserving of basic dignity, and then helped them build a thriving community. Plenty of people in our world would jump at that deal.

Yes, it's all idyllic bordering on naive, but in 2018 I could really do with a story where almost everyone gets along and everything mostly works out for the best.

This is Everything Went Better Than Expected, the Anime.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

There's a ton of gif potential with the dwarf guys nodding their heads and scratching their beards while the hot girls fight over Rimuru.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It’s nice having a main character that you don’t hate and they actually justified that everyone in the series thinks he’s the poo poo.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

This show doesn't really run on levels, but predator still works, yes.

They have full-on power level numbers later on.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I dunno, it's a series where nothing bad ever happens to anyone and that's kinda why it's popular, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

Hopefully the second season will be paced better than the first.

I think the pacing is why it is so popular though. That and the fact that basically nothing bad ever happens to anyone.