Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm reading through the english releases of the LN and things are going to get interesting and I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

If I've read the english light novels is there a reason to also pick up the manga? Other than the spinoff series I mean.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 19, 2021

8one6
May 20, 2012

The pacing of this season sucks.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Is this season, uh bad?

It's not good yet.

They're being really cheap with the animation so either the upcoming episodes are going to be amazing or they just don't have any budget this season.

8one6
May 20, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

Is slime diaries Japan only?

I don't think so.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/03/27/3rd-key-visual-for-that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-season-2-tv-anime-unveiled
"...In the meantime, spin-off The Slime Diaries is scheduled to premiere on April 6, with it streaming on Crunchyroll... "

It is weird that there isn't a listing for it on the app yet. (at least the last time I looked)

8one6
May 20, 2012

Yeah that was really cute.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ssssssooorrt of... When the normal season picks back up he's likely going to be flexing some real power, but it's also around that point where, in the LNs at least, it feels like the video game genre that powers the world isn't so much JRPG as it is Civ.

Becoming a Demon Lord puts him in a new political arena where things aren't going to be easily solved by being an all powerful punch-lord. There's still plenty of that, but there's also a lot of international stuff (and Rimuru being a huge nerd).

8one6
May 20, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Are the LN’s something you can pickup from where the anime left off, or was enough story critical stuff left out that one should start from the beginning? Having slogged through Spider’s early LN’s with its enormous stat blocks and endless grinding, I really wouldn’t want to repeat the experience, especially if I know more interesting things are coming later.

You can pick up the LNs from where a season stops and be fine, but I'd also recommend reading from the beginning because
1) I'm a nerd and like books
2) there are a lot of details that the anime glosses over or skips entirely.

8one6
May 20, 2012

If you're going to post spoilers maybe indicate somewhere outside of the spoiler block what version of the story you're spoiling.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I want some Knight Spider hot pot. That looks tasty as hell.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Slime Diaries was great and I hope they do another season of side stories like this again.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I kind of like the dungeon just because it shows just how much of a giant loving dork Rimuru still is, but yeah, there was more of it than there needed to be in Vol 9 and 10.

I have Vol 11 sitting on my desk and I'm hoping the dungeon stuff gets shuffled to the background.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Guyver posted:

Bad news. Rimuru has a new love interest and she has an old soul.

Please don't be Milim. Please don't turn down that particular lovely anime trope.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Why does Rimuru have no impetus to make love with his secretaries anyway?

I'm guessing it's because whoever he didn't pick would kill everyone else involved.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Nullsmack posted:

I love that Gobta is apparently a lot stronger than he thinks he is.

Gobta is proof that you can become badass just by osmosis in this setting.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Yeah. I like the show but it's because I like most of the characters and seeing them interact. I'm reading the most recent English LN and I'm pretty sure that 'stakes' and 'tension' are going to be things of the past, especially now that [spoilers redacted].

We need like 8 more seasons of Slime Diaries and Ork Dad.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Yeah I have to pause the current episode during the credits otherwise crunchyroll wants to start playing the special episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Just finished volume 13.

A 300 page fight scene with every single named character with no tension and leaving Rimuru with the power of a god.

Easily my least favorite book in the series.