Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Okay holy poo poo this is really good. In sumnation:

1. Props to not getting hit by a truck like everyone else, instead dying heroically.
2. The interface was apparently made by SHAFT. There's nothing in that sentence I don't love.
3. Aaaahh oh my god the aesthetic is so coooooool!!! (insert a reaction that doesn't make me sound trite)
4. TSUNDERDRAGON
5. Why do I always write these at 2am.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Oh good, this is indeed an anime adaptation of the slime isekai I was hoping for.

Maybe anime wasn't a mistake :unsmith:
Anime's only a mistake when Gimme tries to make us feel bad about watching and enjoying Isekai. :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Bakarina is an isekai and is great, accomplishments of a duke's daughter is an isekai and is great, slime isekai is an isekai and is great, saying all isekai is bad is basically being the rando non-anime-watcher saying all anime is bad because there are a bunch of bad shows
Is Re Zero great?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thanks! I'm already a huge fan of it (and know what's coming up), but I wanted your opinion.
Yes there will be a Season 2 the second OVA is setting up for it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I almost forgot; the Direwolves invasion gave me strong Nier vibes regarding wolves.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want to see Leon get his pretty face wrecked in by Rimuru later. gently caress that guy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Edit: Wait, I feel like an idiot, did Shizu die? is she dead. The next episode title has me worried ...
Manga Spoilers: Not yet. But you'll soon know why Rimuru has a blue-haired body.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re:Zero hasn't gotten a new season yet because:
1. The author has been busy adapting his Webnovel into enough volumes to cover the next arc
2. Studio WhiteFox did not think this would be the massive hit it was and thus had no initial new plans. It's why they had the anime end the way it did.
3. There are now 2.5 OVAs being churned out in anticipation of adapting a second season (although that announcement has not yet arrived).
4. WhiteFox decided to do Goblin Slayer first.

Personally I'm hoping for a Fall 2019 release, split-cour for Arc 4, which is one of the best I've ever read.

Devil Part-Timer will only exist further if Netflix crowdfunds it or something. I don't know why it 'flopped' in Japan. Same for NGNL.
And Overlord should've had a better budget/effort put into it so that it wouldn't have looked like CG garbage at times.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 14, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Man all of this talk is making me think about how much I wanted more stuff like Treasure Planet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yinlock posted:

Haruhi kind of kneecapped itself with the endless eight thing which, while ballsy as hell, was boring in excecution
Which was accentuated by Bakemonogatari being the biggest 'gently caress Haruhi's formula' possible when it aired the same summer in 2009.
'Haruhi-Who? Miu-Who? Senjougahara is loving perfect!'

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tomorrow is Slime Day....

Yes, Finally...

Slime Day...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sasuga Studio 8-Bit. You've really knocked it outta the park today.

Next episode: Now we wait to see Rimuru identify his gender.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rimuru resembles my own self-insert so much it's scary.

Vorpal Cat posted:

So apparently our favorite civilisation building slime was featured on the cover of a civil engineering magazine along with an interview with the LN author.
What the gently caress I love this. :3:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: Slime Isekai has Topped Japan's Book Walker Sales Rankings for 2018!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I only read up to Rimuru's first feast with the Ogres (basically right after the latest episode), so I think I'm going to maximize my anticipation by not reading or researching any further.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want to buy a Rimuru slime pillow this week.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

I don't think so, since it's extremely long, starts to get really boring and repetitive in the middle, and has a pretty anticlimactic ending.

I do hope we get one more season because (WN spoilers) Rimuru becoming a demon lord is probably the high point of the whole thing.
I heard that the first few chapters of the manga/LN were seen as sloggish, yet the anime managed to make the opening episodes fun and charming. I think we're in good hands.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-zisU94jg

I can't wait for tomorrow. :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

Doing a group showing here.

https://www.rabb.it/doomrider7

Previous episode followed by new one.
Damnit I was asleep.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh, boobs.

"I came, I saw, I named....then I came again." - Rimuru at some point, probably.

Now make the Lizards and Orcs alike tremble!

Old Kijin has the voice of Jiraiya. :discourse:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 3, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who's the green-hair?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mulderman posted:

I'm very proud of my good son Gobta.
I'm feeding my Gobta
He is growing stronger

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Episode 11: *Suddenly, decent architecture*

Amazing speed, Rimuru-Sama! How the hell did you get all of that sweet furniture and office space within a week!? :how:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 11, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also I want gifs and screencaps.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Type in Rimuru Pillow and tell me what you see.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Those sell on Ebay for like $10-20

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We still have another 13 episodes or so to go though. :getin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shion sure is showing off the goods.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

"It's not some kind of special power, but [Luffy] has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome power on these high seas!"
— "Hawkeye" Mihawk , One Piece

Same applies to Rimuru.
Yeah except Slime Isekai as a show does it way better. :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Was Re Zero ever this popular?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

And then everything goes to absolute gently caress in the worst ways possible.
Define the pickle Rimuru finds himself in. Are we talking Red Wedding bad?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

Let me put it this way. I already know what's coming from having read the WN's. If not for that, the cliffhanger from LN4 would be like taking a shot to the balls from an NFL kicker.

I won't say anymore than that given everything that happens in that LN and the one after are MAJOR spoilers and I STRONGLY recommend you don't seek any info on it outside of buying the novels.
The Holy Kingdom will loving pay for this.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

You read didn't you. PM if you want details as I won't discuss any more than I already have.
And done. Seriously end with Rimuru evolving and also Diablo 8-Bit-sama.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 28, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do things from Asia usually take 4 months to ship?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

I was expecting Gelmud to get owned, but not to that extent. :stare:
Rimuru to his punching bag: "Does this look like the face of mercy?"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want a wallpaper of that Rimuru Tower. :allears:

And a gif of Great Sage turning to autopilot.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 8, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I interpreted the end fight as Rimuru being an absolute madman and risking everything on his willpower outmatching Geld's. That isn't supposed to make me wearly that Rimuru nearly lost; its supposed to make Rimuru a Kenshiro-level badass.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want to talk more about how awesome this series is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Skippy McPants posted:

They'd either have to cut a lot of stuff or move things around so plot threads happen in a different order.

Nanda Kore Wa.