Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I'm not sure I'd spend $10 on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Gobta goes through so much poo poo but he always levels up from it.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I got a 404 when I went there, looks like they pulled the article.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Just wanted to let you guys know that the latest Humble Bundle for today has Vol. 1-4 of the manga in it. https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fantasy-kodansha-comics
It's in the top tier that's $20. There's some other good stuff in the bundle too.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Let me preface by saying that I haven't read ahead so I don't know if my speculation is correct but,

I'm wondering if he leveled up by eating the orc lord guy?

(Please don't post spoilers to confirm/deny)

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I mean the whole thing feels like an RPG.
For instance, there's the Predator skill that lets him absorb skills from other monsters.
There's just no UI. Except for the Alexa skill.
Even naming monsters causes their level to go up based on the level of the namer, when Rimuru names them they completely evolve into a new class even.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
wait, did the anime just end then?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Onean posted:

I think it's a lovely idea, weakening a likely more popular product to sell more of another.

I agree with you. The painful part is that this is how the anime is now, unless later on they decide to redo it into a more complete version like when they remade Fullmetal Alchemist.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

the only other immediate recommendation of something similar to Slime, would be the Spider isekai which is getting an anime sooner or later and has a bunch of Light Novels and Manga already out there - https://mangadex.org/title/17709/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka

we're almost done with the first major arc in it too

Whoa, I forgot about this one. I think there used to be a thread in here somewhere that linked to a place where they would post a chapter at a time from a LN version? It's been a few years.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Sindai posted:

I believe you're thinking of the original web novel version of Spider, which the author abandoned in the middle of what feels like the ending to rewrite the story for the light novels. Like with Slime, the LNs are a huge improvement over the WN, but if you want to read them you'll need to buy the official translations.

Yeah, I think you're right that it was the web novel one. Didn't know it got abandoned by the author though but that make sense if they can get paid for it instead.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
To be fair, you have to admit that about half a year of Luffy running and yelling about Ace in every episode got old.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

NowonSA posted:

Hey I got to see the massacre begin with proper anime vocals and cool VFX, I drat sure can't complain.

Kind of a lot to cover in the one episode remaining from this half of the cour, but if we stay focused on Rimuru I think we should be able to fit most of it in and go into the break at a sensible point.

Wait, are they going on break again?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Is this season already over or are there more episodes? I've seen conflicting information when I try to search it.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Humble Bundle has another Kodansha bundle up with the main manga, a slime diaries one, and some spinoff about him working in an office as a slime. There are a few other series in it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I love that Gobta is apparently a lot stronger than he thinks he is.