Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mordaedil posted:

Helping out in this situation would have backfired immensely, that was kind of the point of them attack the orc disaster. They only made him stronger, unintentionally making Rimuru's cleanup harder.

Yeah, the two most powerful beings in the area are essentially in an aoe reading frenzy. Not only is no one elso going to be able to help their guy without helping the other guy, thanks to the way it's happening you can't even attack one guy without hitting the other gut either.

Plus team slime was told to stay back anyway, and no other orc is poo poo even one on one with a lizardman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

paragon1 posted:

Rimuru is now the undisputed master of the hot dog eating contest.

Does Rimuru get anything from eating regular food? Is his slime stomach just random boss corpses, barrels of booze, and enough chewed up food to feed every baby bird ever born?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TalkLittle posted:

Gonna assume the humans are weak and lacking skills, but they are well organized and have money. Rimuru will probably also be a lot less willing to fight humans than other races. Wonder if this means future encounters will involve Rimuru showing off his city-building and leadership skills rather than his raw strength.

(Not looking for an actual answer; manga/LN readers don't bother)

Looking forward to a huge invading army surrendering without a fight and pledging eternal fielty after they come across a rest stop with flush toilets.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know what I'm saying is Rimuru met this bee already, but they decided not to show it.

I wonder how many insects and worms and stuff Rimuru ate when he was just rolling around eating everything he could in the cave. Maybe he rolled over a bee hive or two then.

Ain't nothing like Raw Demon Bee Honey, Tempest City's top roadside seller.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Agronox posted:

I know this one’s a losing battle but I preferred Rimuru before he had a human form too.

I do like that he mostly just hangs around as a slime and only goes human when oposible thumbs or tastebuds would be helpful.

Drinking dairy after a nice hot soak sounds repulsive though. Good on magic world for not having coffee milk, don't fix thing that aren't broke, Rimuru.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

underthecube posted:

Caught up on the whole show and I'm wavering on it more than when I first started, wars aren't interesting to watch when you're a god and everyone shrugged off befriending the orcs way too easily. I'm actually really looking forward to the "boring talking episodes" since this show works way better as slice of slife

It's not about fights and war. It's a story about sim citying a new country from the ground up in a different world. Fights are just the occasional natural disaster Rimuru has to deal with while creating the greatest monster nation.

Now lets find out if he cuts taxes too far or not.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gmq posted:

If I wanted to read the LNs on my kindle, what would be the best way to do it?

I belive you can buy the ebooks on amazon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't want to spoil too much for you anime only plebs, however I am going to point out that even when the super huge events coming up go down, Ranga is still a drat good boy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The worst part is that Rimuru is the only one who knows that the answer to flying megalodons is a flying Jason Statham. Better to try and find a solution in ignorance, than to try and cobble something together knowing you've got nothing like Statham lying around.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I do like that Rimuru is kind of stuck with his deification by his subordinates. He's totally down for letting Milim handle it, but can't bring himself to contradict his secretary.

Plus, he does feel like it's kind of his fault the flying megolodons are coming. Also he seems fairly aware of how OP he is.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nullsmack posted:

Let me preface by saying that I haven't read ahead so I don't know if my speculation is correct but,

I'm wondering if he leveled up by eating the orc lord guy?

(Please don't post spoilers to confirm/deny)

No. Rimiru levels up by eating well balanced meals that include all major food groups as well as hardcore emphasis on minerals and plant matter.

This is an anime not about fighting, but about nutrition. Have you had your RDI of magic crystals today?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
To be fair, the almost accidental path to being OP of Rimiru reminds me more of Elder Scrolls. Rolling around the cave and eating everything was just Rimiru holding down the jump key, followed by the cast minor spell key for 4 hours. Becoming bros with Veldora is the equivalent of getting Azura's Star, and then he went and did some game breaking enchants.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Did not expect Salt Bae to have been big enough to hit Japan.

Also I'm not sure whether this guy who didn't even ask about One Piece is either a true man who refuses to go on boring adventures, or the lowest scum who isn't even curious.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He ate our reality as a snack, and now he knows everything.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry Grimace posted:

I dunno, it's a series where nothing bad ever happens to anyone and that's kinda why it's popular, I think.

The series starts with a dude getting randomly stabbed to death in the street. Then the protagonist has to eat his sworn bro on the off chance it frees him from an eternal prison. Said bro has yet to escape either the prison or his bro's stomach.

It's nothing but a series of tragedies. Like, will Rimuru ever again have rice?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Oh no, are we ending the season on a will he/won't he of Ranga catching a giant stick?

Ganbare Ranga!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is it anything other than looking at the monster ladies in bikinis?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

That was all out of order for me. Also there's a chapter after that one translated as well.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/tensei_shitara_slime_datta_ken/chapter_58

https://manganelo.com/chapter/tensei_shitara_slime_datta_ken/chapter_59

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I do really like what they did in the last chapter with Rimuru's aura. It's mentioned in the other adaptations, but that was a nice bit of emphasis.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't think they really go into the aura thing until the very end of this arc. Or start of the next time depending on how you want to split the arcs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is the spider isikai a double isikai?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does spider guy get reborn twice?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

Wouldn't the lead characters of KonoSuba, Overlord, Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World, and The Saga of Tanya the Evil (i.e. Kazuma, Einz, Subaru & Tanya) now be double isekai characters? At least within the bounds of the Isekai Quartet anime?

I thought peopel were saying spider protag took the truck-kun train to isikai town and then got killed and reborn in a while new world after that.

Which I kind of want now. Groundhog Isikai protag can start as a true edgelord and over the course of repeatedly being reborn in new worlds mellow out into a cool protag.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It'll be fine. Nobody holds driving people from the temple, mass murdering swine, or vindictive arborcide against Jesus.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Captain Invictus posted:

why, how con-VEEEEENient!

Doesn't seem very convenient for the poor schmucks who just entered the forest for purposes of covering the resurrection vig.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The magic barrier is pretty convenient, but the approaching cache of soul bucks set off this whole situation where Rimuru needs to purchase a new skill to start with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There are two barriers. One is a church barrier and is a weaker form of the one they used on Rimuru when he fought Hinata. The second is the one Youm's girlfriend set up on Cromwell's orders. The church barrier probably isn't doing anything to keep the souls in, since it's purpose is to degrade and prevent magic particle, which are a major component of souls.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The fan translation of Light Novel 8 just dropped at https://tensurafan.home.blog/ .

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At the same time it is nice that a few people at least did start off at gently caress all humans. It seems honest to start off like that and then realize that you were wrong.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Honestly, it wasn't really a matter of human vs monster, he just didn't think out his rules. Any, essentially divine, rules that don't allow for effectively fighting back are a ticking time bomb in that world. Even then, the other issue was that everyone was just relying on him to be around and fix things. If he'd been there to order/clarify to take off the kid gloves or if the leadership had stepped up instead of freaking out the whole thing would have been avoided.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It is interesting to see when the drawing out became too much for different people.

Very few people manage to make it past Marineford as their line. Even as a masochist who watched all 2.5 years of Naruto filler, I tapped out at Fishman Island. The inconscionable change to Hodi and the gang's backstory didn't help though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Guess Benimaru was a little hot about what happened.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Not a fan of those opening two pages. It almost looks like the second page should be first, but then that doesn't make sense. Also it seems like it's eating up two pages for no real information being put across.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

doomrider7 posted:

What Onean said...He loses the Dragon form though and morphs into Dark Schneider from Bastard!! though. There's some context as to why that is though.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqWBI6EM9qM

He doesn't really lose the Dragon form, he just gains a human form that it seems like he probably could have had to start with if he wasn't a big ol' manchild. He just finds the human form more entertaining so he stays in it. Easier to hold the mangas in human hands than in dragon claws after all.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The upcoming chapters are gonna be real wild if we get special box time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

doomrider7 posted:

Special Box Time?

I can't remember if it was the Web or Light Novel where after torturing the King, then sent the sentient meatloaf that was left over back to Farmas. Then they made a big show of showing everyone the horrors of living meatloaf that awaited anyone who still wanted to come at Tempest.

It's your king in a box

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The translation home page is https://tensurafan.home.blog/

Very not cool to do this on the day of the New Hampshire Primary.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I was real worried for the goblin civilians standing behind Ranga when his tail started wagging.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yeah, he can teleport with spacial magic but they glossed over it last season. As for the paladin, last season ended with her lurking behind a tree.

Which should have lead directly into the huge event of this season, but it looks like they're rearranging things to cram in some of the important stuff that they skipped last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It is helped by the fact that they cut it off just early enough that they can modualize everything and do some rearrangements. None of the big driving things for the next part of the story have happened yet, and the way that the story so far works allows for a lot of playing around with specific order of events.

While big events happen right after he leaves the school in the ln/wn/manga, there is still the ability to just have slime boy just go visit the kids again like he promised. Or, since the exact location isn't super important, change the location of the trigger from outside the city where the school is to outside another city or interaction.

Hopefully they use this season to get caught up with all the world building and set up though, because it becomes harder to do this with the plot latter down the road. Not so much because everything becomes a sprint of events, but more that things become much more interconnected and it's harder to mess around with doing situation B without already having introduced the new characters and relationships from situation A.

If they actually integrate the spin-off manga stuff into the story as it happens that would be even better. Not only does help keep the interest of people who haven't read the spin-offs but it also provides more material to cover in a season which lets you appear to slow down the pace while still allowing you to burn through chapters at whatever pace you want.

Plus it makes things seem like they're wider in scope since everything happening isn't just Rimuru and a handful of side characters doing something while the rest of the nation of Tempest sits around with their thumb up their rear end.