Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just wish more of these series were finished, or that we had a centralized resource for manga that says “hey fucko it updated”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Slimes seem like they get to eat and sleep a lot. Plus, they don't need to feel bad about getting fat, and it's pretty easy to be shaped correctly. I'd like to be a slime.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

New episode is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nixR6wVa4HY&t=1m26s

This is real good so far. Doesn't look like a lot of people are watching, though...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dogsicle posted:

caught the ep over lunch but didn't have time to post, i'm still super blown away by the quality of the show not only visually but in how well they've built the comedy. they're even fully crafting new gags from bits the manga just glossed over like veldora's naming and the guild leader being hired by the noble dude. maybe these were things in the LN?

still feels like extending the cave bit across most of two episodes was gratuitous, but at this point it'd obvious they took it as a chance to use more of the typography stuff, which i can't complain about too much. now that slimedad made it to the village we'll finally get to what i think is the big draw of this series next week!

There's a big draw? No spoilers please, but I wonder what it is.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Having read these posts, I am excited for the rest of the season! I hope it’s good, and I hope I can stave off reading the rest of the manga -

Haha who am I kidding I’m gonna go binge that whole thing right now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm still super charmed by this show, but I was worrying about the level of exposition vs things happening.. This episode was an improvement over the first, and thread chatter seems promising, so I'm pretty hyped to keep with it.

His voice as a slime is so cute ...

Apparently episode 1 is where they put all the exposition, so from this point on the action snowball should be rolling.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

God, I can’t wait for the rest of the episodes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m not reading any of these spoilers, I’m gonna go in blind as a bat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Devil is a Part Timer ruled and I badly want more of it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alfredo Jones posted:

Yay, we finally get to the ogres, and they're just as awesome as I imagined. My only complaint is why Rimuru didn't switch to his slime form from the outset. The only reason the ogres attacked him and his goblins was because he was a humanoid with a mask like the guy who attacked their village, so all he would need to do is pop into slime form and boom, conflict resolved. Was there some reason he didn't do this to begin with that I just missed?

"A slime! So you majin can shapeshift as well! Have at you!!!"

I doubt it would have stopped them. He specifically had to exhibit massive amounts of power and buy enough time to give them a chance to think it through.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

“I can’t take a female form, it reminds me too much of a friend who passed” is a hell of a lot better than “I can’t take a female form cuz that’s gay” or “I’m gonna take a female form cause I wanna creepo beepo about it”.

Vorpal Cat posted:

So apparently our favorite civilisation building slime was featured on the cover of a civil engineering magazine along with an interview with the LN author.

I’m gonna guess it’s due to the village building subplot, maybe?

Subvisual Haze posted:

It's Star Trek TNG in a fantasy setting. Mostly discovery and highly optimistic conflict resolution.

I’m really glad to have a show like this, actually.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Partway through episode 16 and what the gently caress is this weird evolution disparity in the Lizardmen :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Spider is impossibly slow and takes forever for anything interesting to happen.