Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Steak posted:

lol imagine coming into the dollar tree thread to big time everyone

Worked on me, I can only afford to shop at the 89 Cent store :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

You can get lots of good stuff at the dollar store

Like plastic containers, aspirin, and cleaning supplies

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
A few things people have already mentioned-
Dehumidifier tubs, paint brushes, but also neoprene gloves and cleaning supplies.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Sten Freak posted:

A few things people have already mentioned-
Dehumidifier tubs, paint brushes, but also neoprene gloves and cleaning supplies.

Yes, but is it locally sourced, artisan neoprene?

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

central dogma posted:

Yes, but is it locally sourced, artisan neoprene?

jesus, what an alarmingly bad post

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

berth ell pup posted:

It fits in well with the tone of this whole bad thread.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Steak posted:

lol imagine coming into the dollar tree thread to big time everyone

Imagine coming into the dollar tree thread to brag about what you bought

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Me walking into Dollar tree: Where the gently caress are the trees?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

King of Bees posted:

Me walking into Dollar tree: Where the gently caress are the trees?

Where are the dollars?

What IS THE DEAL???

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I just went to Dollar tree and it was quite an experience

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

It fits in well with the tone of this whole bad thread.

it started out fine

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

My Linux Rig posted:

I bought a movie theater box of bite sized butterfingers because I haven't seen them before, and they weren't bad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Great place to get bullshit craft supplies like pipe cleaners, and party supplies if your kids are young enough that they don't know shiny garbage from expensive shiny garbage

Small containers/tubs for pigments and pastels and whatever. Those little flossing things for your teeth. Measuring spoons.

There are a few really good buys.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

berth ell pup posted:

Savvy shoppers deserve to know!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
oh I forgot that they sell Whales there. usually I only find them at Wal-Mart (in a much bigger box but w/e). they're way saltier than goldfish and therefore better

e: and they have the best Utz selection in town. crab chips always in stock.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

Love my name brands such as Sea World, Webkinz and Jenna Marbles.

Haha, admittedlty those were from the weirder end. They did get a lot of name brand food and, weirdly, clothes. Granted, most of the clothes would be wildly out of season and style, but occasionally they’d end up with things like Aerie underwear for a dollar.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I bought a tinker bell skirt for my ex roommates 3 year old on a whim a little while back and she wears the thing every day since then apparently. It’ll probably end up giving her cancer or something but at least she’s enjoying it in the meantime

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Stevie Lee posted:

oh I forgot that they sell Whales there. usually I only find them at Wal-Mart (in a much bigger box but w/e). they're way saltier than goldfish and therefore better

e: and they have the best Utz selection in town. crab chips always in stock.

whales own, utz chips own

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

utz makes a good salt and vinegar chip

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Herr's blows Utz away

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Partycat posted:

Herr's blows Utz away

herr's makes disgusting cheese puffs, though.

and Utz makes incredible cheese rings

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

My Linux Rig posted:

Well your mom has told me she prefers the dollar store condoms at least.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Partycat posted:

Herr's blows Utz away

wtf

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Steak posted:

Well your mom has told me she prefers the dollar store condoms at least.

and the subsequent lawsuit paid for my childhood home

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Nooner posted:

I would always see the boxes of condoms there and be tempted but also rather not risk things on rubbers that cost 1/10 of the price of regular ones lol

Condoms are one of the most bizarre commodities in existence, ridiculously expensive and kind of embarrassing to buy in retail establishments and also health departments/NGOs basically pleads you to take them for free. It's crazy how pretty much every retail store is trying to keep people from stealing them because of the markup and embarrassment of buying them when other groups stress about how to give away more of them for free, often to the exact same people.

naem
May 29, 2011

spices- you can pay like $8 bucks for a thing of curry powder at safeway or buy one of every possible spice for $8 total dollars after you move

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Chief McHeath posted:

I have and it was someone buying $60+ of Halloween poo poo and they were probably a teacher spending their own money to decorate their classroom.

Lol.fuckin CHUMP!

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
You know your life RULES when the nearest place to buy food within 35 miles that isn't a gas station is Dollar General

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

naem posted:

spices- you can pay like $8 bucks for a thing of curry powder at safeway or buy one of every possible spice for $8 total dollars after you move

All eight of the spices!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

I paid a lot of money for some pretty spice jars(with spices) at a farmers market last summer and my boyfriend somehow managed to throw the bag of them into a creek because we were eating stuffed pretzels near it and a spider crawled near him and he freaked out. They got swept away and I didn’t talk to him for the rest of the ride home

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
That story was confusing in a lot of ways

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Condoms are one of the most bizarre commodities in existence, ridiculously expensive and kind of embarrassing to buy in retail establishments and also health departments/NGOs basically pleads you to take them for free. It's crazy how pretty much every retail store is trying to keep people from stealing them because of the markup and embarrassment of buying them when other groups stress about how to give away more of them for free, often to the exact same people.

It's a shame the kids can't get them out of a machine in the Circle K restroom for 50 cents like in the good ol' days.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Josh from Walmart - I Love It (Walmart remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_J4nj9hdfU

peanut fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 8, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

That story was confusing in a lot of ways

I think he’d somehow managed to wrap the bag of spices around his shoe or something and jumped up like a spazz throwing it into the water. I was just as confused when it happened as I was trying to recall it

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I buy coffee filters at the dollar store. Its like a buck for 100.

naem
May 29, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think he’d somehow managed to wrap the bag of spices around his shoe or something and jumped up like a spazz throwing it into the water. I was just as confused when it happened as I was trying to recall it

i’d very much like to see an ms paint of the pretzel creek shoe spice spider incident

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cyril Sneer posted:

I buy coffee filters at the dollar store. Its like a buck for 100.

ah those are just watered down

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I can't find this no matter what I search for but there was a video on youtube of some guy in Toronto who makes an entire meal out of stuff from the dollar store. There are hundreds of these so why is this one special?

Because also in the video is this aging street musician playing a keyboard and making up jingles while they cook. He looks just what you'd think a failed 80s keyboard played in TYOOL 2016 who busks for a living looks like.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol and I'm surprised nobodyt commented on this

Honestly that entire store was a hellscape of the worst kinds of people. My most frequent argument involved mainland Chinese tourists who were extremely mad that I wouldn't discount popular souvenirs that already came in a 10/$6 bag. To be fair, they're pretty drat cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

I can't find this no matter what I search for but there was a video on youtube of some guy in Toronto who makes an entire meal out of stuff from the dollar store. There are hundreds of these so why is this one special?

Because also in the video is this aging street musician playing a keyboard and making up jingles while they cook. He looks just what you'd think a failed 80s keyboard played in TYOOL 2016 who busks for a living looks like.

the wolfe pit? i don't think he ever reveals his appearance though