Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If you could distill an anthem-kneeling-article fox news comment section, add the passion and confidence of a Romo playcast and remove the accuracy, well then put a mic on its head because you've got a competitor for Witten.

What does a Witten broadcast have in common with Super Bowl rings? A lot of obvious holes. What's the closest Witten will get to a Super Bowl ring? This joke.

Running tally of Wittenisms in this topic. Call him Ten because the Wit has left the booth.

"This is going to be a shovel pass"
*runs it up the gut*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TIGHT END!!!!!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

WE talk a lot about how bad kickers have gotten this year (True) but holy gently caress announcing is a barren wasteland.

Witten is god awful.

We had Jeff Fisher (JEFF loving FISHER) announcing games and - in a surprise to no one - he was terrible.

I long - LONG - for mediocre announcing. I think the one pleasant surprise was the amazon TNF crew last week who were really pretty good.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's really bad

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I miss Gruden.

I miss.. Gruden.

I miss Gruden?

I miss Gruden.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i hate everyone on the mnf crew. witten knows what he's talking about but at a position that nobody cares about and is incredibly hard to show on tv and he's bad at the actual commentating aspect of it, so he's a worse, boring ron wolfley. booger is ok but he's too much like deion sanders or shannon sharpe yelling at the tv and it wears on you for an entire game. actually probably spot on is tony sirugasa. if witten could carry the broadcast better then booger would be on half the time and it would be fine, i think. people here like tessitore but i don't think he's any good. budget joe buck.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

sweet thursday posted:

I miss Gruden.

I miss.. Gruden.

I miss Gruden?

I miss Gruden.

no

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
who woulda thought the guy who made his career running five yard option routes would be a lovely broadcaster

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wait -- Witten retired??

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Just fire Witten and put Booger in the booth, this isn't tough.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Also bring back Phil Simms

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Spider 2 KY Jelly Banana

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
Please change thread title to "4th and a country mile".

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

who woulda thought the guy who made his career running five yard option routes would be a lovely broadcaster

I clued in he'd be bad when it was a 4th and 13 with 46 seconds left and the game on the line and Witten said "They're going to run a 5 yard option here Joe"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

he real bad op

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

I clued in he'd be bad when it was a 4th and 13 with 46 seconds left and the game on the line and Witten said "They're going to run a 5 yard option here Joe"

That might be more institutional conditioning from years under jason garett

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
It’s not a good booth, Tessitore isn’t reigned in enough to counterbalance the Witten/Booger combo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Witten would be fine as the C-team FOX announcer or whatever traditional first-year gig a retired player would get, but instead he's calling marquee nationwide games every week

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
booger owns though

Nov 6, 2002

I wish I had a button that would let me zap any color guy when he utters "you talk about".

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

"Here's a guy"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

adaz posted:

That might be more institutional conditioning from years under jason garett

I clued into that when it was a 3rd and 2, 3 minutes into a game tied 0-0 and Witten said on broadcast unprompted "Please don't make me play that game in the shower with you, sir"

Nov 6, 2002

Traxis posted:

"Here's a guy"

"you talk about" has obliterated that. I don't think you can go 10 minutes in a NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE broadcast without hearing someone say "you talk about player-so-and-so".

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
They should bring back Gus Johnson. He ruled. Everyone else at the NFL level is terrible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

people here like tessitore but i don't think he's any good. budget joe buck.

Tessitore is ok if he's properly supported by insanity. Not excitability exactly, insanity. He somehow worked well with Teddy Atlas. He'd probably be amazing with Gruden.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Budget Joe Buck is like buying bulk bin ramen noodles

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want to know when they'll stop trying to force him down our throats.

gently caress.

This is Joe Buck isn't it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he was lovely at his last job too tbh, sports writers just love a gritty compiler

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

Spider 2 KY Jelly Banana

PM me

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Ronde Barber is good. He doesn't get enough love

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Ronde Barber is good. He doesn't get enough love

I thought he was loving awful yesterday. That's only time I've noticed him but he kept hammering his talking points no matter what was actually happening.

He spent like two minutes talking about the fumbled snap the Browns had and how important it is to take snaps from under center on a play where the center clearly snapped the ball while Mayfield was trying to change the play.

Then another minute post commercial break after saying "I don't think this one was his fault" where he went right back to talking about how taking snaps is something Baker hadn't done before.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

what kind of monster calls his kid Booger and why is he sitting in a hoverchair

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's a loving travesty that Cutler doesn't have a job in the booth

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

"Got Kelce"

Which is probably weekly as "got (tight end)"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jason Witten is Chris Collinsworth but with brevity. He at least seemed engaged with the game tonight where he's been bored out of his skull previously.

I'm a sucker for a guy generally being excited for the game so just give me Booger. Joe probably didn't get the job because he's excitable and live calling a game is only for talking benzo overdoses.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Everything makes a lot more sense when you remember it's all designed for old white boomers

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Niwrad posted:

It's a loving travesty that Cutler doesn't have a job in the booth

Cutler would only be good if they let him check out for 75% of the game and he jumped in when he felt like it.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Somebody oughta call up Tony Gonzalez imo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jason Witten was a football tight end, maybe announcing basketball is more his speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
It is against federal law for white former Dallas Cowboys not to be hired as announcers upon their retirement.

Get ready for Sean Lee, coming to a broadcast booth near you in 2020.