Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you would think they'd mention more often that the highest rated raw ever as a complete show had vince and shane in the main event

it sucked balls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cavauro posted:

you would think they'd mention more often that the highest rated raw ever as a complete show had vince and shane in the main event

it sucked balls!

You know, Vince can't really top himself there, so why not try and have the next highest rated Raw have Konnor instead?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Thankfully the A show is on tonight. I hope Mahalicia squashes The Kissless Virgins.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Shawn Michaels is my favorite wrestler of all time, but he was not a tv or ppv draw

HHH and Undertaker are maybe a little arguable, but I don't think they drew poo poo without Rock or Austin either

I mean the thing is at this point we're getting pretty far removed from the 80's and 90's and since wwe doesn't actually build stars anymore no one cares about the current WWE or nostalgia.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

JK! posted:

I’m in central time so I’ll have to be up at 4,but I’ll wake up for it. Actually earlier to make my special WWE show cheese dip

Gonna need a recipe for this, please.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'll probably be at the bar until 3, so I'll just play Spider-Man for a couples hours, and watch the show until I fall asleep.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Shawn Michaels is my favorite wrestler of all time, but he was not a tv or ppv draw

HHH and Undertaker are maybe a little arguable, but I don't think they drew poo poo without Rock or Austin either

How did Summerslam 2005 do? I remember being shocked at the time how heavily promoted it was. There were huge billboards for it in Philly and my smaller home town suddenly had all the pizza places (there are a weird amount of pizza places in Lititz PA) replace their generic pizza boxes for glossy black ones with Shawn and Hogan on the top

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Part of me, instead of watching a Trips/Taker match in anno 2018, think their skills and talents would best be used in recreating the famous scene from "lemonparty" and it would probably be better booked and just as satisfying for the talent

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yall wanted him back

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1047295984273899525

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
well hopefully they have more planned for daniel's second retirement ceremony

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I loving hate the iiconics theme song

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
Did his body autocorrect on the whiff spot to concuss himself?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

God dammit, Bryan...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I blame WWE for putting someone out there too incompetent to successfully miss a flying headbutt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also Pro Wrestling Sheet reported Sept 6 he re-signed

Since the extension was announced, he's lost to Miz, Maryse, and Shelton. No TV wins

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Bigass Moth posted:

Glad to see Dean continues the tradition of being the stupidest man in wrestling by passing on a world title shot.

Naw, it's about looking out for your bro... although Roman has whooped Dean's rear end at least 5-6 times going for the world title in the last 3 years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chris James 2 posted:

Also Pro Wrestling Sheet reported Sept 6 he re-signed

Since the extension was announced, he's lost to Miz, Maryse, and Shelton. No TV wins

Then

Now

Forever

:itwaspoo:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
"concussions arent real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram my opponent's skull with my own

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

alicia fox/finn balor match when

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That'd be too hot for tv

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i don’t like daniel bryan, because his brain is mush and he is too stupid to stop hurting it, and i fear one day he will chris benoit his family or junior seau himself.

like, i cannot enjoy watching him wrestle because of the anxiety it gives me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Brian got a new brain and wanted to test it out

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Daniel trying to take heat off of Brie

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i choose to believe he did this intentionally so he could yell that no one gave him poo poo for diving skull-on-skull after they gave his wife poo poo for weeks

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Would it really kill you to take 1 single move out of your massive rear end moveset? The diving headbutt doesnt even look that good when it's done right.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

how was the diving headbutt not banned after benoit anyway

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The diving headbutt is a stupid move because it looks like it would damage the person doing it more than the person taking it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

fatherofmustard posted:

The diving headbutt is a stupid move because it looks like it would damage the person doing it more than the person taking it.

It was always funny/dumb as hell when Chris Benoit would do the diving headbutt and then roll around like OH GOD WHYYYYYYYYY

Somebody post the gif, please.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

fatherofmustard posted:

Give us another Miz vs whoever match where Miz goes up to the top rope, teases a diving headbutt, then shouts "This move is stupid" and then doesn't do a diving headbutt.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shine posted:

It was always funny/dumb as hell when Chris Benoit would do the diving headbutt and then roll around like OH GOD WHYYYYYYYYY

yea I love stupid 'this is bad for me too!' moves when the guy doing it also sells it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The diving headbutt just sucks

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

yea I love stupid 'this is bad for me too!' moves when the guy doing it also sells it.

i didn't mind it too much when RVD bounced a few feet off his opponents and held his gut in agony while he got the pin

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

I bought into it when I was a kid because it was ANIME DBZ you are sacrificing your own health because the move is 10x worse for your opponent!!

But yeah it’s a really dumb rear end move and Bryan is rapidly falling from my favorite of all time spot because of this and his other dumb poo poo since coming back from retirement

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Moves that involve heads and butts are good.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Sweet, I found the gif.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dromal phrenia posted:

i didn't mind it too much when RVD bounced a few feet off his opponents and held his gut in agony while he got the pin

RVD was the king of 'why am I doing this??? oh hey I win cool'.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
RVD’s entire moveset was basically “I will kill myself to win but feel nothing and never get injured because I’m high and limber as gently caress” and his frog splash was better than Eddie’s and I can’t complain about any of that

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Jesus christ, summaries really didn't do this segment justice

https://streamable.com/ahu6x

Haha, holy poo poo I think that may have beaten this for nuclear heat in a RAW segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcu0mo5HXc&t=6m56s

e: o wait there was the roman thing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
RVD had the best frog splash in wrestling and it was entirely because he had to get wicked high back stage to ignore the fact that the best frog splash in wrestling also probably shouldn't be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

dromal phrenia posted:

rvd being the guy with a collapsed ribcage who cannot stop doing frog splashes is the best thing about him, right ahead of selling ddts by doing a hands free headstand.

man, rvd ruled.

• Locked thread