Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Is it really though? I feel like she's been hovering around that area for awhile. Becky finally getting to get to do cool poo poo just highlights it.

I actually kinda dug Charlotte before. I thought her face turn when she went to SmackDown was good and the moment where she won the title from Natalya before Survivor Series and Ric came out and they hugged was really cool. And the match with Asuka was really good and I actually sorta bought her as The Woman for real. After WM34, I was like "Yeah, okay, Charlotte vs. Rousey, let's do it." Then they fuuuuucked it all up.

Am I alone on this? I honestly thought Charlotte's run as top face on SmackDown was pretty effective right up until the day after WM34.

rovert posted:

Charlotte the person is the least second/third generation wrestler there is when she first showed up to developmental and to date. The anti-Randy Orton. She's a bag of nerves and afraid of her own shadow. She is Becky's biggest supporter and during Becky's more fallow periods in 2016-7 she was the first ask creative/WWE "what about Becky" and that they should include Becky in her angles.

You can see her visibly beaming when Sasha won the belt for the first time too.

I still think that was one of Charlotte's best nights ever. She put Sasha over about as hard as she could. Also she made the best ugly heel face ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Charlotte has been intolerable ever since she beat Asuka.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
charlotte's great and it loving sucks that WWE is booking her like reigns. thankfully vince's short attention span when it comes to the women's division means this won't be a drawn out 4 year process at least

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DarkstarIV posted:

What kind of animal is Charlotte though? She isn't Roman until commentary compares her to an animal of some sort.

She's the Queen Bee. And then Becky comes out and says more like the Queen...*pause to really enunciate this*.... BITCH!!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

True Friendship.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

VJeff posted:

I actually kinda dug Charlotte before. I thought her face turn when she went to SmackDown was good and the moment where she won the title from Natalya before Survivor Series and Ric came out and they hugged was really cool. And the match with Asuka was really good and I actually sorta bought her as The Woman for real. After WM34, I was like "Yeah, okay, Charlotte vs. Rousey, let's do it." Then they fuuuuucked it all up.

Am I alone on this? I honestly thought Charlotte's run as top face on SmackDown was pretty effective right up until the day after WM34.

No that's legit. The Smackdown run helped her a lot they just killed it by inserting her into the Becky Carmella Summerslam match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

charlotte's great and it loving sucks that WWE is booking her like reigns. thankfully vince's short attention span when it comes to the women's division means this won't be a drawn out 4 year process at least

It's funny because if the pattern holds, we'll likely get Charlotte vs Ronda as the main event of Wrestlemania next year. Which means we'll get a WWE star vs a UFC star (albeit different ones) in the main event again.

I'm starting to think Vince's obsession with Roman main eventing Wrestlemania has less to do with Roman and more along the lines of him wanting to run a WWE vs UFC main event every year for the major shows.

Regardless, I don't see Charlotte winning the title back, but the feud will be run until shortly after Evolution. WWE will probably run Ronda vs Becky at Survivor Series, where Becky will most likely get destroyed by Ronda. After that, who knows what will happen with ol Becky. As there aren't many PPVs left until Wrestlemania at that point, and there will likely only be two televised title defenses before then, assuming they keep the pattern to only defending the title on PPVs. For those curious, this is the upcoming PPV schedule (after Evolution):

November: Survivor Series

December: Tables, Ladders, Chairs

January: Royal Rumble

February: Elimination Chamber (has yet to be announced, but is likely)

March: No PPV

April: Wrestlemania 35

Out of all the PPVs listed above, I imagine the Smackdown Women's Title will only be defended at TLC and potentially Elimination Chamber. I can see them using the Chamber match as a way to determine Becky's #1 contender for Wrestlemania as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 3, 2018

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

There is really no reason for Charlotte to get the push she's gotten. She isn't a big draw, she doesn't sell lots of merch, she isn't the best in-ring worker, she isn't the most charismatic, and she isn't very good on the mic.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE will probably run Ronda vs Becky at Survivor Series, where Becky will most likely get destroyed by Ronda. After that, who knows what will happen with ol Becky.

Probably but there's just the slightest potential of a loving amazing match with those two that ends with both looking great. That crumb that loving crumb is what keeps me paying attention.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

There is really no reason for Charlotte to get the push she's gotten. She isn't a big draw, she doesn't sell lots of merch, she isn't the best in-ring worker, she isn't the most charismatic, and she isn't very good on the mic.

but she goes woo and the crowd gets to do it with her

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fatherofmustard posted:

Propped up by Meltzer's non-criticism of her

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Probably but there's just the slightest potential of a loving amazing match with those two that ends with both looking great. That crumb that loving crumb is what keeps me paying attention.

I don't think Becky vs Ronda will be very competitive. It will probably be decent, provided its rehearsed enough. But it seems like they want Ronda to be a huge badass for Charlotte to topple at Wrestlemania next year.

As for Ronda herself, I think her biggest obstacle coming up will probably be Shayna after Evolution. I don't think (nor should she) Shayna will win the NXT Women's Title back at Evolution. I imagine after that, she'll move up to the main roster and tag (and eventually feud) with Ronda to keep her busy until Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 3, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like Charlotte and I don't care who knows it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Becky vs. Rousey should easily be Rousey's best match so far because it'll be the first time they've put her with somebody that A) Is a credible opponent for her, B) Can work. No offense, Foxy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

More scorching hot takes will follow

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

SSD looks pretty good on paper.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I hope the Iiconics win. I like them!

(I also hope the Riott Squad will win but they're much less likely to)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
For me, Charlotte is the female Reigns because I find her incredibly boring and only sit through her matches if I have no other choice. Doesn't help that she's basically dominated the title scene on every show she's been on since her debut.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Roman Reigns has never twerked to my knowledge so Charlotte is much better for the time being.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

SSD looks pretty good on paper.

Main event is probably gonna be a car crash, but it might be a fun one, who knows.
Lashley and Cena vs. Elias and Owens will probably be really loving good when Cena and Owens are in the ring and really loving dreary and boring at all other times.
Bryan vs. Miz is as predictable as it gets and not even the fact that it's Daniel freakin' Bryan can save it for me at this point.
Shield vs. The Braun Boys six-man could be absolutely nuts. All six guys can work and it has some intrigue going into it. If they just let them go at it, this'll probably be MotN easy.
Bellas and Rousey vs. Riott Squad might have Brie kill herself or someone else, which is...compelling? I guess?
AJ vs. Joe should be great, all of their matches so far have been.
Cedric's reign sucks and he's lost all goodwill he ever had with me. Buddy, Gulak, Ali, loving Gillberg, somebody just loving end this wooden nightmare already.
New Day vs. Da Bar is always incredible, this will be too.
Absolutely no idea what to expect out of Asuka/Naomi vs. Iiconics. At least Asuka's on the card, I guess.
I just wonder if Australia will cheer Becky and crap on Charlotte as much as America does.

So yeah on paper there's more good than bad, but well, on paper WM34 looked loving incredible.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

VJeff posted:

Becky vs. Rousey should easily be Rousey's best match so far because it'll be the first time they've put her with somebody that A) Is a credible opponent for her, B) Can work. No offense, Foxy.

Yeah that's my thinking too. If they want a women's match that gets people going oh poo poo that was good, this is the easiest avenue.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Liv should pin Ronda.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

Liv should pin Ronda.

Horseshit. Liv should pin HHH.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Liv should pin everyone in a vs. the Roster gauntlet match

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
After Brie knocks Liv out again they just drag her unconscious corpse around Weekend at Bernie's style, using it to pin other wrestlers.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Liv's hair should change color every time she gets kicked in the face.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmI-lKraj7g

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

someone who follows liv morgan on twitter, tweet her this link: https://www.makeupmedley.com/sfx/visual-effects/paints-colors/necessary-evil-mouth-fx/?sku=PPMOUTHFX-BLUE

this is what one drop of that stuff does (got it for my kids' soccer team):

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I remember when rovert's first thing here was being anti-Charlotte and a lotta goons hated him for it.

But she grew up with a nanny!!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this reminds me of vermilion pleasure nights

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love how they do their dumb hero pose and then it cuts back to live and they're also doing the drat pose

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I would clone myself in order to date both of them. That way I wouldn't have to choose.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Re: WWE ratings dropping

on the complete other opposite "pro wrestling" as a whole is on the rise, heres some recent articles from here down under

https://tendaily.com.au/news/sport/a181002qkg/youregonnanoticeus-pro-wrestlings-epic-rise-down-under-20181002

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-01/women-wrestlers-want-to-fight-men-not-same-as-domestic-violence/10304206

so WWE is declining but pro wrestling itself is rising but they're insisting that the demos are all that matters... yeah this makes no sense because a rising tide should lift all ships but we have the biggest ship in the dock taking on water

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The IIconics are a lot of fun.

I wish I knew what I meant. :allears:

I have supported them early on. They're basically like LayCool or a variation of the Bella Twins. A 2 person act. Perhaps one will have a HBK-Janetty like break up and go on to dominate the women's wrestling scene.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lid posted:

Re: WWE ratings dropping

on the complete other opposite "pro wrestling" as a whole is on the rise, heres some recent articles from here down under

https://tendaily.com.au/news/sport/a181002qkg/youregonnanoticeus-pro-wrestlings-epic-rise-down-under-20181002

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-01/women-wrestlers-want-to-fight-men-not-same-as-domestic-violence/10304206

so WWE is declining but pro wrestling itself is rising but they're insisting that the demos are all that matters... yeah this makes no sense because a rising tide should lift all ships but we have the biggest ship in the dock taking on water

I've been thinking about this for a while and I think that for all that WWE and "Sports entertainment" have claimed over the years that they've surpassed Pro Wrestling I think Pro Wrestling has definitely surpassed Sports Entertainment in terms of modernity. WWE looks old fashioned and out of date compared to pretty much every pro wrestling company that isn't trying to mimic WWE.

The Storylines in WWE are all rehashes of the ones you've seen before and the in ring style is a toned down version of 2004-2012 Indy Wrestling.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Jiro posted:

I would clone myself in order to date both of them. That way I wouldn't have to choose.

I don't even watch WWE and I'll freely admit I have a crush on Peyton Royce :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Record profits!

quote:

After a night in which Raw had its lowest audience total of the modern era, SmackDown followed with its second-lowest number of the year.

Tuesday night's episode drew 2.095 million viewers. That's the fourth-lowest total since the 2016 brand split, trailing only the night of the 2016 election, the July 3 show from this year (holiday weekend), and June 13, 2017, which went up against game seven of the NBA finals.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good thing they got those tv deals in already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm going to ask a serious question, don't make fun of me for this. does Fox care about these ratings?

• Locked thread