Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Jesus gently caress watching this was like returning to some chuuni bullshit I thought was way out of fashion already. I hate most of the stupid cameo characters that were shown. The beginning was extemely creepy territory with literal age soul whatever the loving regression But I honestly was intrigued thanks to the beginning.

Also Kirito and Asuna have absolutely zero chemistry going on but I'll give credit to the series for having a longest running relationship between two characters in anime that I can think of instead of tropey "Will they or will they not" bullshit.

Also holy poo poo Asuna and Kirito running into battle was more cringy and awkward than anything I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah, even though I shat on the episode and series earlier I do generally speaking enjoy SAO. KIrito didn't even start bugging me in season 1 yet, but him solving everything and not having believable character faults (that aren't lovely this character is unbelievably dumb so that we can have a story arc) that he could grow as a character is a problem. Or even having some traits/personality to speak of.

I'm not hatewatching or watching this series ironically. I am intrigued and carefully hoping that they do some interesting world building or plot lines. The previous GGO series had some promise too but didn't really take its characters anywhere interesting, even though there was good potential to be had. I feel if GGO had done something (not necessarily romantic) with Llenn's and M's relationship it would've been neat seeing them interacting in various ways.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Well this latest episode might be one of the worst episodes of anime I've seen in ages.

- Boring and illogical exposition
- Incredibly cringy motivations, reasoning, actions and interaction/dialogue
- Boring fake drama that has zero weight

SAO is dumb but usually it's at least entertaining.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

The idea that all descendants of "an evil person" are aligned to be power hungry evil bastards is a really questionable one. Allhough I guess decent nobles exist in-universe. I almost wish the uh, librarian is lying.

I actually liked this info dump episode (12) to be honest. The reason behind for banning people from hunting/murdering being that they won't level up so much was actually dumb brilliant, in a way.

I considered not using spoiler tags, doesn't look like people are bothering her with this shlock. The 12th episode definitely filled the type of guilty pleasure I watch SAO for.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I legitimately liked the first info dump because I kinda liked how they were building the antagonist apart from literally burning forest critters. But this was just boring, holy poo poo.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

In this episode Kirito and Eugeo:

• pick up their swords from an armory
  • defeat a bow guy
  • climb a couple of stairs
  • eat something

Holy poo poo this pacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I do like this melodramatic poo poo but it just makes me wanna find another anime that's already fully released so I can binge watch it instead. This series is so frustrating to watch one episode a week.

One of the soldiers? seemed to have some sort of weird cybernetics going with him? Did the administrator somehow take over them? (Unlikely). It's probably somehow super militaristic faction within Japan or a private organization somehow wanting to do even more evil poo poo than just regular military drones killing people in wars.