Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

I used to come here on school field trips.

It's possible the La+ program displays data when it recognises the Suit's coordinates. Well... we're not totally in the dark here.

Hmm... deploy the expedition team too.
Roger!

Shouldn't someone have investigated this place years ago, after the bombing of the PM's residence?
Expedition team deployed. RX-0 at target coordinates.
Nothing unusual detected... standby.
Nothing out of the ordinary. No changes to the Laplace ruins or the Unicorn.

The Unicorn chooses this exact moment to flip out.

The Unicorn is emitting a special signal! This signal... it's the World Signal!
The Wo... World Signal!?

The Earth resonates with the Unicorn's World Signal...

... and summons forth Aphrodia. As a nice touch, her BGM here is actually a slowed-down version of her battle theme, which is suitably dramatic without being on the nose.

Since ancient times, the Generation System has continuously monitored the world. And now that system is emitting a high-level World Signal... I warn you, worlds will mutually intersect and be distorted. Worlds will collide with each other... and before long, the world will be reduced to nothing. You must stop the distortion in this world before that happens. Deliver justice to evil, and open the path to the right future!

She fades away, and the Neo Argama instantly begins picking up incoming units.

Incoming mass of unknown units! It's a large fleet!
En... enemies!? All hands, battle stations! Put on normal suits!
This place is within Earth's absolute defense line! To think that an enemy fleet managed to get this far...
They must have been summoned by the World Signal!
That's impossible!

Batches of ELS spawn in, and resonate with the Unicorn's psychoframe.

What's this feeling!? They're targeting Earth!?

Several ELS plow into the Expedition Team MS, and transform them into new ELS, which I somehow failed to get a screenshot of.

The ELS are taking over our Mobile Suits one by one!
Unbelievable... how can something like this happen!?

Fortunately, Setsuna drops in, bailing out the surrounded Unicorn! Which I also lost my screenshots of! I blame irfanview's batch rename function! (It was my first time using it and I appear to have hosed something up but we shall endure...)

Don't get careless! The ELS get intel by absorbing enemies!
What the...!? The aliens attack en masse when the World Signal occurs? This is a bad joke! I won't let the world turn into a battlefield again!
There's still hope! Hold off the ELS invasion!
Grr... mutual understanding can't happen unless we fight together against the distortions? It's so arbitrary... I have to stop this now!

Banagher attacks, but even with the support of the Neo Argama he fails to defeat the first ELS...

... but Setsuna finishes the job.

And then some.

Unfortunately, the combination of the ELS swarm and the Qan[T]'s reliance on high-power weapons soon mean Setsuna is reduced to evading their blows.

To make matters worse, even more begin to arrive...

drat! They keep coming!
They'll overwhelm us with sheer numbers!

The Generation System resonates again, sending out another World Signal wave...

The world is distorting... it can't be stopped. Everyone should work together to help save the world.

As if on cue, Amuro appears, destroying a small batch of ELS...

... followed by Kira Yamato...

... the King of Hearts, Domon Kasshu...

... and Amuro On A Different Network, Flit.

Those Mobile Suits... are Gundams? Who are they...?

With new allies, the ELS are quickly beaten down. However...

The distraction has given them time for their main fleet to arrive.

There's no end to this!

The Generation System resonates again, its World Signal echoing out into space...

As the whirlpool gets more distorted, these conflicts will transform into unspeakable battles... in time, the madness of betrayal will race across the world...

Seeing no end to the conflict simply by fighting, Setsuna attempts to make contact with the ELS.

... I'll activate the Quantum System! We have to understand each other... for the world's sake... for the future!

The attempt goes poorly, as Setsuna is overwhelmed by the ELS gestalt consciousness, but he receives an image of Something at the heart of the Generation System...

... and is promptly attacked by Flit and the other Gundam pilots who arrived as reinforcements!

Gurh! Why... are you attacking me!? What's the meaning of this!?
Not good! This isn't normal! Grr... looks like I have to fight each and every one of them to stop this!
People should be able to understand each other! Why is this happening!?

The reinforcement Gundam pilots won't listen, so Banagher and Setsuna have to work together to take them down!

After receiving a beating, however, the world seems to change back to normal...

OVER IMPACT... the inevitable, unspeakable battle. Fate has been tampered with... now people who would never fight turn on each other! They draw their weapons and fight without hesitation... soon, the growing whirlpool of madness will destroy the whole world. The World Core is the core of the Generation System. It regulates the system. An evildoer is currently trying to control the system. OVER IMPACT is proof of that. The world is falling into chaos. This evildoer mustn't reach the World Core! Time is of the essence... stop this person's efforts to manipulate the World Core. My name is Aphrodia, the one who will lead the world down the right path. Come... let's bring justice to the evildoers!

What Is?

SD Gundam G-Generation OVERWORLD is the second-to-latest iteration of the SD Gundam series, and is a mission-based game (distinct from story-based G-Gen games, which are more like Super Robot Wars). This one has an english patch! This time I'm not going to bother with the incidental missions - I played on a bit from last thread and discovered that they never actually get better, so to save everyone's time, I'm going to only do the missions which are relevant to the metaplot of the game: EX missions, CORE missions, and the final stages. I'll still provide brief overviews of what's going on in between (you have to clear all six missions on each tier now, instead of like 6/10 as with World) so that people can see how characters are advancing. (Also, Kawaii Uguu and Timp Sharon shall return!)

Plot?

It's a bit thin on the ground and my Japanese isn't good enough to make this anything more than educated guess. In the previous game (World), each EX stage was largely devoted to chasing down a black Phoenix Gundam (Halphas Gundam) that was the cause of the Generation System mashing worlds together. Also, Aphrodia had a more regal appearance in that game. This time around, we're trying to solve a similar issue, by catching up with whoever has broken into the Generation System's World Core (the same thing the ELS showed to Setsuna).

Voting?

You can! I'll have too many mechs to handle soon enough, and I'll need votes for Masters, who gets which units, and when I need a new pilot to pinch hit, I'll be asking for ideas on who to pick up.

What's Over Impact and Generation Break?
Over Impact is the new mechanic introduced ni this game, which it takes its name from. In World, there were two Generation Breaks per stage; meeting the conditions would cause a new wave of enemies (and sometimes reinforcements) to spawn, often from a different series, providing crossover material. Meeting both challenge conditions would cause a secret enemy to spawn after the second Generation Break, worth a lot of points (and providing rare units to capture). OVER World changes things up a little: there are two sets of secret enemies, one for each challenge condition (however, if you meet the second challenge condition but not the first, then the first secret enemy will spawn); in addition, there is a 'third' Generation Break, Over Impact, which causes all your allied units to turn against you. This is convenient since they are invariably worth a lot of points, and any units that are attached to a formerly-allied capital ship become capturable, allowing you to quickly access powerful units (for example, you can acquire the Strike Gundam on the very first stage, A-01).

W-what about Zoids Legacy?
I'm going to finish this first now that I've learned my lesson about juggling things and then go back and do that.

Our first step is to choose a Master. The Master is the highest rank a pilot can be, and gains access to special skills, like spells. While there are a great many options to choose from, I'm going to limit this first choice specifically to the following pilots; the reason for this is that they have Free Capture, which makes acquiring units significantly easier and safer.

Char Aznable, the Red Comet

A balanced character with excellent skills and stats. His default skill, Red Comet, increases unit Attack and Mobility by 5 to a maximum of 25 when piloting Red-category units, and placing Char into certain units will cause it to spontaneously mutate into the Char's Custom version of those units. The BASIC Gelgoog is not particularly great, but it does start midway up the OYW Zeon tech tree.

Anavel Gato, the Nightmare of Solomon

Gato's stats are tweaked towards melee and defense, although he's not as good a commander as Char, and he's not a Newtype. His BASIC GP02 is notable for beginning with the Nuclear Bazooka (although it costs EN equal to the GP02's maximum EN at all times, it does tremendous damage), and the GP line can go places. His default skill, Nightmare of Solomon, causes him to gain more MP after battle, and reduces the enemy's MP by 20 (max 40) if it hits them.

Jerid "My Friends Are DEAAAAAAAD" Messa

Jerid is another very balanced pilot, and he has the excellent Tension Up skill in addition to Free Capture, instantly putting him into critical tension. The Titans-colors BASIC Mark II he's packing goes into the Titans tech tree, and is well-rounded, possessing decent stats, a shield, and a bazooka to help avoid being sniped. Jerid's default skill is Counterattack, causing his return fire to deal an extra 10% damage; this is quite useful since (like in SRW) most combat takes place on the enemy phase.

Judau Ashta, the Most Powerful Newtype

Judau is tweaked towards defense and his awakening growth is quite good (for some reason it's lower than Char's). The ZZ Gundam is a monster even in its basic version, possessing powerful attacks, a 2~5 beam rifle and the ability to transform into its G-Fortress mode for rapid movement and flight. Judau's default skill, Shangri-La Soul, reduces the cost of all non-Ultimate weapons by 5% to a maximum of 30% and increases Judau's combat stats by 5 when at Super Critical Tension, all of which are very powerful and useful.

Uso Ewin, the Wings of Light

Uso is fairly plain, having balanced stats all around and the Newtype default skill (increasing his Awakening value and the damage of Awakening weapons); his BASIC Victory Gundam can also form change to be able to fly and move further, although its damage is a bit lacking. It does have a beam shield, however, letting him really hose beam weapons, and he has the always-incredible Tension Up.

Zechs Merquise, the Lightning Count

In World Zechs was far and away the best choice at the start, due to being able to get the Lu Bu Tallgeese as soon as you unlocked Lu Bu. In this game, he's some sort of bizarre tank with regard to his growths, but his skills are all excellent. His default skill, Chivalry, is very useful for a master, increasing his Accuracy and Critical by 8% to a maximum of 20% when fighting 1-on-1. However, the Tallgeese has an obvious flaw (no range 2 attack) and has terrible flight before upgrading it out of BASIC, and while Zechs is decent, he's better bought as Milliardo Peacecraft from the shop, as Milliardo's default skill, Cool-Headed, is like Chivalry but a billion times better, directly reducing the target's defense.

Rider of the Blazing MS, Garrod Ran

The BASIC Gundam X lacks the Satellite Cannon, but it can fly (poorly) from the start. Garrod himself is overall balanced and has skills that lead towards spamming the Satellite Cannon. His default skill, Junk Dealer, reduces the cost of all non-Beam weapons by 5%, which is good but not in anything that Garrod wants to ride. If it helps, we picked Garrod last time.

loving Ribbons Almark

Ribbons has perfectly balanced stats and an excellent default skill in Innovade, which increases his Reaction and Awakening by 5 to a maximum of 16. The 0 Gundam has the stats expected of a BASIC unit, but immediately goes into the very good 00 Gundam tech tree, allowing you early access to some very powerful units. As Ribbons has both 50% HP and 50% EN recovery, he also has a lot of staying power in the field.

Desil Galette

Desil is an offensive powerhouse, and his Zedas packs two close-range weapons for dealing with enemy defenses and a 3~6 beam cannon to avoid being sniped. Like Ribbons, Desil's default skill X-Rounder increases his Reaction and Evasion, but to a maximum of 20; his unit will go into the very weird Vegan (that's right, right? I didn't watch AGE) tech tree, which has exotic and quite powerful units.

Choose one.

Next episode: completing all of the A-tier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

There's only one real choice, honestly.

Char

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad this is back, even if it is with less content. Also, it's Vagan, not Vegan. The Vegans are from Grendizer.

Also also usually I'd definitely vote Garrod but we did go with him last time so let's go with something else, and since Garrod is the coolest, let's go for the absolute opposite. Jerid.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sweet this is back.

Zechs

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm glad this is back, even if it is with less content.

I played on and just ugh all the tier missions are complete garbage. They barely have their own contained plot starting with the b-tier stuff, and there's even less cross-series discussion as they go on, so it just... isn't interesting to see that. The metaplot of the game is more interesting to me, which is why I decided t ofocus on that, and that won't burn me the gently caress out.

Unrelatedly, atm I'm dumping screenshots in their native PSP resolution; is that fine or would people prefer it if I knocked it down to say, 75-80% of the current size?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

(loving) Bobbins Wallmart

I got mixed up a while back when I bought Genesis on the PS4. I thought it was an Original Generations-style story like this, instead of being 'lets play through the UC for the Nth time'. It's not a bad game, I just had the bad luck of playing it right off the back of SRWV&X and wanted more ludicrous crossover goodness.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ace of Aces posted:

I played on and just ugh all the tier missions are complete garbage. They barely have their own contained plot starting with the b-tier stuff, and there's even less cross-series discussion as they go on, so it just... isn't interesting to see that. The metaplot of the game is more interesting to me, which is why I decided t ofocus on that, and that won't burn me the gently caress out.

Unrelatedly, atm I'm dumping screenshots in their native PSP resolution; is that fine or would people prefer it if I knocked it down to say, 75-80% of the current size?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree. I've played a bit of this but it bored me due to how repetitive it got, there's very little worth showing in those missions and you shouldn't force yourself to show them (I'm guessing you'll have to play through them for cash and mechs anyways). If I may suggest something though, you should keep the updates on them that were already in the previous thread, they're already made so there's little point in losing that.

Also the screenshots are completely fine in this size and would be too small if you shrunk them.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Gotta go with Char.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

(loving) Bobbins Wallmart

I got mixed up a while back when I bought Genesis on the PS4. I thought it was an Original Generations-style story like this, instead of being 'lets play through the UC for the Nth time'. It's not a bad game, I just had the bad luck of playing it right off the back of SRWV&X and wanted more ludicrous crossover goodness.

Wat
Also ow. Genesis is... pretty average (I think the animations are far worse than this game despite being on a PS4!), although having all the UC sidestories in English is interesting, if nothing else.

Blaze Dragon posted:

If I may suggest something though, you should keep the updates on them that were already in the previous thread, they're already made so there's little point in losing that.

I actually chucked them because I desperately needed to reorganize my lpix folder and stuff, and I honestly didn't think they were worth keeping. :ohdear:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ace of Aces posted:

Wat
Also ow. Genesis is... pretty average (I think the animations are far worse than this game despite being on a PS4!), although having all the UC sidestories in English is interesting, if nothing else.

I actually chucked them because I desperately needed to reorganize my lpix folder and stuff, and I honestly didn't think they were worth keeping. :ohdear:

The "loving" should make it obvious that Kaboom Dragoon is talking about Ribbons Almark. It also sounds similar...though I admit it's the first time I hear him referred to as such.

Also well...I guess you don't have those updates anymore then! That's fine. Play the game as you must but you better Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken the final boss.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
I'll take it under advisement. :v:

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Zechs

Ah, time to ride the lightning.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
Alright, with two votes for Char and two for Zechs what I'll do is take Char as a master and buy Zechs from the shop since that's superior. I'll need a couple days most likely to play my way through to EX and Core but I'll put up a better mechanics post later today.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see we're already working on that Char team. How long until Harry and Mister Bushido join the team?

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Blaze Dragon posted:

I see we're already working on that Char team. How long until Harry and Mister Bushido join the team?

That will take some time. Relatedly, if you qualify Full Frontal you can field a team of four pilots that literally is just Char (OYW Char, Quattro, CCA Char, Full Frontal).

MECHANICS POSTING

Game Flow

This is the basic game flow; World Tour and World Core contain stages (generally, you should complete them in the order of the 6 stages on your World Tour tier, then the World Core stage for that tier, then the World Tour EX stage for that tier). The War Room is by far the most important menu in the game, since it's where you do all your setup.

Organize Group lets you set up your team to go out with. Each Group requires a Master at minimum (even if you have no capital ship, you can send out a Master on their own!); more units than that require you to send out a capital ship with them. In addition to the Master we chose, we start with the Carry Base and three original units (the Phoenix Zero and two Tornado Gundams), all crewed by originals. Unlike in World, where he had Mood Maker or something garbage, Mark Gilder has the incredible Team Work default skill, which increases the Attack, Defense, and Mobility of all units that are on his team and remain within his leader Area by 1 to a maximum of 10 - even at the default level, this is basically the equivalent of all of your units being two levels higher than they actually are.
At most you can deploy two teams from one capital ship, which is determined by the capital ship itself, but there's a certain option part you can equip to increase a capital ship's hangar size if it can normally only house one team.

This is where you upgrade units. Develop lets you turn one unit into another unit (usually an upgrade) based on its level. For the BASIC Char's Gelgoog for example, it will evolve into the Char's Z'Gok, Char's Gelgoog, Zeong, and finally the incredible Haro Mobile Armor.
For the other options, Design lets you add a unit to the shop if you have two units that are compatible (arbitrary example: basically any Zeon unit + any red-colored unit will add Char's Custom versions of those units to the shop), and Exchange lets you swap a unit (along with some money) for another unit on roughly the same tier (it takes option parts into consideration, so be careful when Exchanging!).

Here's Kawaii Uguu and Timp Sharon, returning from last thread as the custom characters. Unlike in World, custom characters always begin with the same statline, but they have Awakening growth by default and their default Rookie skill adds the equivalent of one and a half levels to their unit of choice; custom characters also get access to some very powerful skills every 10 character levels. I've replaced the two original characters other than Mark to start with, so that they can start getting XP right away.

Here's the reason I wanted to buy Zechs from the shop. By swapping his appearance to his Milliardo Peacecraft persona, his default skill becomes the incredible Cool-Headed, which reduces the enemy's defense by 5 to a maximum of 20 when fighting without support, which is absolutely crushing. He'll make an excellent leader for a second team once we're through the first stage. The downside is, he's expensive enough that I can't actually afford a ride for him until after the first stage.

Capital ships are an interesting beast. Their attacks hit in pre-defined arcs and are very expensive. The purple-colored attack indicates that it can be used as a support attack to an allied unit in a pre-defined arc (and capital ships get an EXP Bonus if an attack they cover-fired for destroyed a target). More interesting is that capital ships have six pilots (although only the Captain is technically necessary):

Captain: Main pilot, provides raw pilot stats and skills. The default captain, Zenon Tiegel, has Competent, an excellent skill for a warship leader that increases Accuracy by 5% to a maximum of 15% and decreases EN costs by 5%, important on a capital ship.
XO: Basically a sub-pilot, their combat stats (Shooting, Melee, Reaction, Defense) are applied to the captain's as bonuses. Although you don't start with an XO, Niki Taylor is an original character who only costs 15000, has good stats in the three things warships care about, and comes with Assistant, the basic XO skill, which increases combat stats by 5 to a maximum of 50 when the pilot is set as XO.
Operator: Applies their Shooting stat to the captain's as a bonus. The basic Operator skill is Info Analysis, which increases Shooting by 5 to a maximum of 30 when set as the Operator.
Helmsman: Applies their Reaction stat to the captain's as a bonus. Basic Helmsman skill is Helm Sense, which does the same as Info Analysis but for Reaction.
Mechanic: Applies their Defense to the captain's as a bonus. Mechanic's Defense also influences the rate at which docked units are repaired (any even vaguely competent Mechanic will make this a one-turn flip though, so it's largely irrelevant until you start getting units with truly massive amounts of HP). Their basic skill is Mechanic Sense.
Guest: This one is the most interesting; the Guest's Charm is applied to the Leader as a bonus, which I believe influences EXP gain and ace point gain from shooting down targets for attached units within the area. Guests also have access to some very unique abilities. The basic Guest skill is Charisma.

Stats

Like in SRW, both units and pilots have stats. I will say this for OVERWorld, it does a good job at packing a lot of detail into a fairly small space. HP and EN work as you'd expect, but it's important to note that there are no free attacks in OVERWorld: every attack (and most defensive abilities) costs EN, but movement never does, so it's basically a simple stand-in for ammo. ATK causes the unit to deal more damage, DEF causes them to take less damage, and MOB influences both accuracy and evasion. Note also the terrain rankings: B is considered 'average' and units get bonuses for going above that (to A, and then S). "Sea" refers to being on top of water but not in the air (like a Dom), while Dive is for being underwater, which the vast majority of units are absolute garbage at, as you'd expect.
Over on the weapons side, the icon on the left tells you at a glance what kind of attack it is, which is very important in this game! Unlike in SRW where usually the only question is whether it's a beam weapon or not, this game has a lot of weapon types (although they can be roughly categorized into about six or so), and a lot of defensive measures to deal with them.

Pilots have a few more stats, not all of them immediately obvious, especially as the translation patch frustratingly labels "Reaction" as "Avoid".
Shooting: Governs damage dealt with ranged attacks.
Melee: Governs damage dealt with melee attacks.
Reaction: Boosts accuracy and evasion. Reaction is very important for most pilots and labelling it "Avoid" really bugs me since it makes it easy for people to not realise it's also an accuracy thing.
Defense: Reduces damage received.
Awakening: Governs interactions with Newtype weapons. Pilots without an Awakening score can't use Newtype weaponary at all. Having a higher Awakening score than your opponent gives a massive Reaction boost when Newtype weapons are involved (offensively or defensively) as you out-pressure them.
Command: Influences the combat performance of all attached units within your Area, basically like the SRW skill of the same name, but what it actually does is a bit more nebulous.
Charm: Believed to influence EXP and Ace Point gain of all attached units within the Area.

"Area" is a number of panels around a capital ship, Leader, or Master that various effects extend into. Units within the appropriate Area can support one another, so it behooves you to move your units around in murderballs. Normally, a capital ship can only capture units within their Area; since capital ships are about as slow as molasses going uphill in summer, Free Capture is kind of important.

This is why triggering Secret Units is useful. They spawn with some backup units that become capturable after the Secret Unit is defeated, providing you with some extra and possibly hard-to-find units (or you can just sell them!).

Most UC capital ships have the ability to disperse Minovsky Particles, reducing enemy accuracy against all allied units within the capital ship's area. Other series' ships can have other dispersal abilities; for example, the Archangel has anti-beam depth charges, while the Minerva can remotely refill the energy of any nearby friendly unit equipped with a Deuterion Beam Receiver.

Having obliged the Over Impact condition, the guest units all turn against me... but Kira and his Strike Gundam are still attached to the Archangel, so if I sink it, the Strike Gundam will become capturable. As you can imagine, this quickly results in you having a broad array of powerful units, with no need to wait - you still need to level them up, but you can quickly get access to a lot of tech trees. It does make the game quite easy, however.

Enemy capital ships have a specific panel on them that, when targeted, will cause the attack to become a Pinpoint Attack. Pinpoint Attacks do massive damage, letting you sink capital ships relatively quickly. Sadly, unlike in World, there's no longer a special theme for doing them.

Master-lead support attacks that are also Pinpoints are absolutely vicious.

Pilots have a secondary gauge, MP (also called Tension) which is sort of like morale in SRW. Different pilots have different gauge types, and MP is also expended to use various special attacks (mostly Newtype weapons, but also special finishers like TRANS-AM attacks or G-Gundam special attacks); as the gauge decreases, the pilot will both deal and receive less damage, and vice-versa as it increases. When it tops out, however, the pilot enters Critical Tension, which lasts for three turns or until they take a hit (or their MP falls under 400 again); during Critical Tension, all of the pilot's attacks will be critical hits. After scoring a kill in Critical Tension, the pilot will enter Super Critical Tension, causing all attacks to be Super Critical - dealing tremendous amounts of damage. This is why the master skill that increases own MP to max is so useful.

Speaking of killing things, when you do, the killing unit receives a Chance Step - basically, a bonus turn. The number of Chance Steps you get per turn is 3 initially, and increases by 1 with every 10 pilot levels; there's also a master skill that lets you take infinite Chance Steps that turn. This can be used to quickly move a unit across the map, or simply to push into enemy lines. Make sure you watch your EN though!

Every time you clear a stage, you'll add a new Option Part of the shop. Here's the thing: there are 40 World Tour stages, 4 CORE stages, and 2 final stages, so 46 stages in total. Not counting parts only obtainable by having Portable/World savedata, or obtained from campaign codes or Hell Mode, there are 133 option parts in the game, 94 of which are unlocked by clearing stages (although admittedly the 94th one is only useful if you're going for 100% completion).

The pilots with the most ace points get bonus ace points, which are like PP in SRW - you can use them to boost your pilots' stats, or buy skills for them. There's actually a solid trick to farming ace points that you can begin doing as soon as you can use one unit to reliably clear the first wave of A-01, if you so choose.

Design spoils from the things I captured. Designing doesn't give you a copy of the unit, but it does add it to the shop; this can be important because only a unit you have designed or created is actually added to the shop - exchanging and capturing don't count.

Since Zechs now has a ride, I'm taking the opportunity to spend my cash on a Ring Psycommu. This goes on your capital ship and provides 10MP at the start of your turn to all allied units (even if they're not in the area), but it won't take them above their default value (200); very useful when your guys take a lot of hits early on.

The game takes note of your performance on each stage; having a Gold Haro indicates that you got both secrets and the Over Impact. You can go back and retry a stage if you don't get there right away, which helps a lot! I actually recommend sandbagging A-EX your first time and intentionally not triggering the Generation Break because beating A-EX lets you field a second Master and consequently a whole second team, which can make several earlier stages much easier, and is basically a requirement for doing well on CORE-1 and A-EX.

Speaking of performance, there are certain bonus animations throughout the game - some are based on specific pilots in specific units doing specific attacks (I'll be able to show this off in A-EX), some are found with specific interactions. On A-02, if you catch Kou up with Gato and attack with his Beam Saber...

Deal enough damage over an enemy's maximum HP to get an Overkill, which gives you significantly more points. This is important since there are some later Generation Breaks that actually trigger when you reach a certain points threshold.

Oh hey, this happened. At 10% and every 5% milestone thereafter of completing the collection, you unlock a new character. Most of the early ones are fairly lame (Yurin is probably the best of them, actually, due to her super-high Reaction and X-Rounder skill), but starting from about 50 they become fairly legit, and getting super-high unlock percentages is the only way to unlock certain game-original characters like Code Phoenix and Aphrodia.

I was going to buy Mister Bushido but then I remembered that Trailblazer Graham's dialogue is even better and he has a much better default skill, Breakthrough (translated as "Pinpoint Penetration") which lets him ignore all enemy defensive abilities and deal an extra 10% damage. Normally you have to buy it at level 40.

Halfway through the A tier, here's how the group looks (Katz is there as a punishment for abandoning the previous threads). Next time we'll hit up CORE-1.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
Due to me being a total moron I forgot that I would have to quickly update again for the vote on our next Master, as I sandbagged A-EX once to get a second Master (and consequently the opportunity for a second team) before actually attempting A-EX and CORE-1 properly. The original options are still available (except Zechs), but at this juncture you can pick any of the remaining Masters, detailed below.

Amuro Ray, the White Devil

Amuro's master skills are quite lackluster except for Re-Act which lets a unit take another turn, but he has great pilot stats and the White Devil default skill, which works like Char's Red Comet but for Gundam-type units, of which there are obviously a shitload. However, his BASIC Gundam is a unit we actually already have one of (due to upgrading from the Tornado Gundams), so it may be more efficient to simply buy him from the shop.

Kou Uraki, the Illusionary Marksman

Kou has balanced, defense-tilted stats, and his default skill is designed to be used with the GP03, boosting his Attack and Defense when using an XL or larger unit. His master skills are fairly average, but he has the always-useful Tension Up and Beam Reduce (which gives the unit an I-Field for one turn). The main drawback to choosing Kou is that we're already moving through the GPX tech tree thanks to the GP01 being the Over Impact capturable unit, so his unit will largely go to waste.

Heir to the Stars, Kamille Bidan

Kamille has balanced stats and very high Awakening, and Heir to the Stars, his default skill, increases all of his combat stats by 5, and boosts Awakening by an incredible 30 when at critical tension. For spells, he has both Tension Up and Energy Absorb (steals 50 EN from a nearby unit, including an enemy unit), and his default unit is the BASIC Zeta Gundam, giving us an inroad into the Zeta tech tree. In addition, the BASIC Zeta has a 4~6 Hi-Mega Launcher so that it can't be sniped, and can transform into its Waverider form for flight/high movement.

Quattro Bajeena, He is a Char

Quattro's stats are balanced, but tilted offensively, although his Awakening has taken a hit since his incarnation as OYW Char. He has the Newtype Default skill to boost it higher, however, and while his skills are mostly average (except for Re-Act), the BASIC Hyaku Shiki is quite solid, if not spectacular, although it's less useful to have for teching purposes than, say, the Zeta Gundam.

Haman Karn, Queen of Space

Haman has pretty high stats for a default Master, and she has Newtype, but notably her Quebley can actually make use of it immediately, since it comes with its Funnels intact. Her Master Skills add to her ability to sit ten panels out and snipe things, and she has Beam Reduce for keeping the pressure off.

Ace of Aces, Amuro Ray

CCA Amuro's stats are sky-high, and like the last deluge of characters he has Newtype, along with Re-Act and the very useful 50% HP Recovery. His BASIC Nu Gundam quickly catapults us to the near-top of the UC tech tree, and it has a 3~5 bazooka weapon, although it lacks its Fin Funnels until it's upgraded.

Neo Zeon Leader, Char Aznable

Basically a mirror image of CCA Amuro, although Char's BASIC Sazabi does less-good things (it goes into the Unicorn Zeon tech tree which is nowhere near as good). Char's master skills are also generally useful than Amuro's.

Banana Links

Banagher is tilted towards defense and has a high natural Awakening that is only strengthened by the Unicorn's special systems, and he comes with 20% HP/EN Recovery and Tension Up, the latter especially useful because it can be used to trigger the Unicorn entering Destroy Mode. His default skill, Intuition, increases the power of Awakening-type weapons (like his NT-X attack) by 500 when using a Psycommu-type unit (like the Unicorn). A downside, however, is that the Unicorn is terminally slow to evolve into its proper version, but it does offer very powerful weapons and is near the tippity-top of the UC tech tree.

Second Coming of the Red Comet, Full Frontal

Full Frontal's stats are higher than CCA Char's, and his BASIC Sinanju is an all-around solid unit. Full Frontal's skill, Second Coming of Char, works basically like Char's Red Comet skill, increasing his ATK and and MOB by 5 to a max of 20 when piloting Red units, but it also boosts Awakening-type weapons by 500 points. He also has an unusual Master skill, 100% Evasion, which basically makes him invincible to anything short of a MAPW for one turn.

Future Space Pirate, Seabook Arno

Seabook's stats aren't great, but he has Movement Up and Tension Up, and a rather unique Master Skill, Adjacent HP Recovery, which restores 10,000 HP to all units directly adjacent to Seabook (but not Seabook personally). As you'd expected, his F91 isn't spectacular either, but it does begin with a penetrating beam weapon in the form of the VSBR, and it has unusually-powerful vulcan guns (1~3 range and additional power).

Tobia Arronax, is MacGuyver

As you'd expect, Tobia is all about that high-evasion melee combat stance, and he comes with both Tension Up and Beam Reduce. His default skill is Vigor, which causes him to gain more MP whenever he gains MP, helping him quickly get into critical tension. Also, for some reason, Tobia has an Awakening score by default, which means he's also a good choice for using Newtype-use weapons. While his Crossbone Gundam X1 is quite plain its BASIC version, several mechs from the Crossbone Gundam tech tree are very powerful, and of course it's a pirate Gundam.

King of Hearts, Domon Kasshu

A man who surely needs no introduction, Domon is as much a melee character as it is physically possible to be (his shooting stat is about half the average while his melee stat is about 10 points higher), and he has good Master Skills (in particular, Tension Up and HP/EN Recovery, the latter being very important for G Gundam units). His default skill, King of Hearts, increases his non-special melee weapons power by 100 to a maximum of 1000 (which is a lot). The main problem is that the G Gundam tech tree is a little less than spectacular until you start getting into the Devil Gundam units (and even then), and the BASIC Shining Gundam is particularly terrible. We picked Domon last time, if that influences you at all.

Heero "Self-Destruct" Yuy

Contrary to what you might expect, Heero's stats indicate that he's a tank-type character, focused on defense; his master skills include 50% HP Recovery and Physical Reduce, which gives the effected unit Chobham Armor for one turn (nowhere near as good as I-Field, but it also works on every physical attack, not just ranged beam attacks). His Wing Gundam BASIC does have range issues, with a 1~3 vulcan gun and a 3~5 buster rifle which is an EN hog (and this version is missing the MAPW, unlike later versions), but the Gundam Wing tech tree is quite solid on the Gundam side of things.

The Last Gundam Pilot, Loran Cehack

Loran is interesting as a Master due to possessing both area-recovery master skills, and he's quite balanced all around, in addition to being a Newtype. His default skill, Diligent, increases the rate at which he gains EXP by 10% to a max of 100%, which is unfortunately not very good (especially compared to his shop-buyable form, which can be purchased as Laura Rolla who has a far better skill). His Turn A BASIC is exactly that, although it has a finisher option in the form of the Gundam Hammer and its Beam Rifle is a penetrating beam, but we do actually have one already (it's currently a High Heel), so doubling up wouldn't really get us anything.

Harry Ord, UNIVEEEEEEEERSE

Harry has really tweaked offensive stats and pretty average master skills (but he does have Tension Up), along with Chivalry (increases Accuracy and Critical by 8% to a max of 20% when fighting without support), which is quite solid on a master, but his Gold SUMO BASIC is not especially good. However, it evolves relatively quickly into things that have I-Fields, which is a very powerful thing.

Kira "Jesus" Yamato

Kira has balanced stats with a hard lean into Reaction and the incredible SEED default skill, increasing his combat stats by 5 and increasing Awakening by 20 in critical tension, but his master skills aren't great (except for post-movement attack, which lets him use a MAPW after moving), and we already have a Strike Gundam thanks to it being the prize from the Over Impact on A-01, so having a BASIC one won't do very much for us.

Athrun "Moses" Zala

Athrun's stats are strictly worse than Kira, but his Master skills are strictly better (Tension Up and Gundam Killer), and he also comes with SEED, which is always amazing. His BASIC Aegis goes into the opposite side of the tech tree from the Strike, but is otherwise extremely plain (and doesn't even have Phase Shift Armor yet).

Shinn "Angry Eyes" Asuka

Shinn is offensively-focused with fairly poor defense, but his Master Skills are excellent for the same reason as Athrun's. For some reason, his BASIC Impulse is the Sword pack, but unlike the Strike, the Impulse retains a beam rifle in this configuration, so it's less of a problem, and in addition to starting with SEED, Shinn has access to his Eyes of Anger skill, which is very useful and buyable from first level onwards. It also jumpstarts you into the SEED Destiny tech tree, although we already acquired a full Impulse from A-03, so this is less useful than it might seem.

Setsuna F. Seiei, is Gundam

Setsuna is heavily melee-focused, but not to the extent of Domon; his default skill is Taciturn, boosting both unit and pilot defense by 2 per level to a maximum of 12. Most interesting about him is his BASIC Exia, however, which comes with a penetrating melee weapon (which are quite rare) and the relatively-powerful GN Beam Dagger, although it lacks its special melee Seven Swords Attack. It can also fly as a BASIC, albeit not well, but it's an early opportunity to access the ultra-powerful 00 tech tree (which also goes into a number of XL+-size units, which is convenient for a Master).

Graham Acre, loves Gundam

Graham has relatively high stats with a melee emphasis, foreshadowing the mechs he'll upgrade into, and he comes with Tension Up, Gundam Killer, and 50% HP Recovery, all of which are very useful; his Graham's Union FLAG Custom BASIC is an overall great unit (albeit bad in space), and it has a Defense Rod, which completely hoses non-beam attacks (after upgrading, it will also get Anti-Beam Coating). Graham's default skill, Graham Special, is also excellent, increasing MP gain after battle by 2 and critical rate by 2%, each to a maximum of 7/%.

Flit Asuno, Space Racist

Flit has the ever-popular Tension Up and perfectly-balanced stats, along with an Awakening score, and the AGE is an excellent and powerful unit (once it upgrades). However, we'll have one very shortly (after I go back and gold medal A-05 and A-06), and Flit himself isn't a spectacular pilot, given his average statistics, so I can't recommend him.

Ace of Aces fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 15, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If you think I won't vote for a Char after the last time, you're sorely mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKeU2NqWrE consider that video as my vote for Harry

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Throwing a vote for Haman, since I really like both the Qubeley's weird design, and Funnels.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Haman because I feel the need for funnels.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Blaze Dragon posted:

If you think I won't vote for a Char after the last time, you're sorely mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKeU2NqWrE consider that video as my vote for Harry

Seconding this

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

NHO posted:

Haman because I feel the need for funnels.

This

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Gotta go with Domon

Shining Finger, always Shining Finger

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Harry Ord.

His fashion sense alone is a reason to vote for him.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Gotta go with Domon

Shining Finger, always Shining Finger

Seconding this!

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

chiasaur11 posted:

Harry Ord.

His fashion sense alone is a reason to vote for him.

I don't think "Cyclops cosplay" constitutes fashion sense...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ace of Aces posted:

I don't think "Cyclops cosplay" constitutes fashion sense...

Cyclops would never be able to pull off something like this and we both know it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad this is back as this is cool and good.

I am glad Katz is there as punishment. Never take him off.

A CHAR. MORE CHARS.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

chiasaur11 posted:

Cyclops would never be able to pull off something like this and we both know it.

Fair.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I would vote Amuro because he's one of my best pilots in Genesis, but for this I say it's time to go Bananas. (VOTE COUNTS FOR BANAGHER)

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
Update should be tomorrow, gotta turn in my last essay for this semester first. Looks like Harry wins by 1 vote if I'm not miscounting.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Brand is getting some play time because I can't afford a real leader to afford him (I forgot we already had Harry, so we didn't actually get a new pilot and I elected to move him over to the Master slot on team 2).

Team 2 has a Salamis for space-use, which will last at least the next two stages. Meer is the captain because her default skill, Songstress, gives +3 Area. Lacus has the same skill and better stats, plus SEED access, but Meer is a suitable substitute for a fraction of the price (show-accuracy!).

Meanwhile, the Destiny Gundam evolves into the spectacularly good Destiny Impulse. I may not even evolve it further, I find the Destiny not always as good as the Destiny Impulse.

Time to start!

CORE-1: Balbadoro

The system is supposed to be hidden by an earth coating; no one's supposed to be able to gain entry. The only ones who can open this seal are Aphrodia and those holding the code!
That's why my code's required, isn't it? My code has the ability to manipulate the coating. You can call this a free pass. We can move around without a problem. What's with the serene locale? What's actually in this place?
This is the archive area, where old programs are stored for safekeeping. It's a program graveyard, so to speak. It's essential that we release a certain program first.
What do you mean by "a certain program"?
The Balbadoro.
Hey now! This Balbadoro... I'm pretty sure it's a suicidal program trying to destroy Earth.
Exactly. Its existence made the Neuron Units go out of control. I realize the danger of accessing it, but we have no choice. We need to utilize the Balbadoro's power to open up the sealed door. The power of your code is necessary for this, Code Phoenix.
Ha! We users of the code consider holding it the height of honour! But wilfully releasing the Balbadoro and inciting the wrath of Aphrodia? I want to avoid becoming an enemy of Aphrodia as much as possible. She is someone we all aspire to be, after all!
It's alright. I believe in you. Your code isn't just for show, right?
drat right! My code has always been perfect! I get it, Arby! We came all the way here; there's no point turning back now! I'm gonna gamble on what's ahead!
I'm counting on you, Code Phoenix.
Well then, let's begin! Accessing now!

What!?
The World Signal!?
Crap! Has Aphrodia found us!?
No, that's not it! That World Signal is a fake!
A fake!? Some kind of booby trap!?
Someone set it up to keep us from approaching the System!

A series of OYW Federation units spawn in, backed up by a Pegasus-class battleship.

Hey... isn't that the White Base!?
Altered One Year War data detected! That Neuro is a subspecies...
Then I can freely erase them without causing any problems! In that case, we'll destroy them all and break through the death traps!

At that moment, however, with a crash of thunder, a new unit appears... it's not just a Gundam, but the Gundam!

Amuro Ray, hero of the One Year War!
Be on your guard! It may be a clone, but it acts like the real thing!
We are in the middle of accessing the data! I'll have to fight the so-called hero, Amuro Ray, as it interferes!

CORE maps are pretty serious. In addition to quite a few enemies, there are several instances where you have to run from one end of the map to another on a time limit, and the CORE Impact works differently from OVER Impact, and can often be significantly worse.

Code Phoenix and his Master Phoenix Gundam are incredibly powerful, with Code Phoenix possessing great stats and Breakthrough, ignoring all enemy defensive skills and dealing an extra 10% damage at all times. The Master Phoenix Gundam has very powerful attacks, high movement, and regenerates 20% of its maximum HP each turn, but it also chews through energy and tends to take a lot of damage, so.. well, some people call him "Code Paper", since he can die very easily if you let him get mobbed. He also has a very powerful and unique Master Skill, Phoenix Radiance, which restores 5000 HP to all friendly units on the map.

Code Phoenix reaches the Neuro Amuro on turn 2, after I've already softened him up with my advance team.

True Newtype, Amuro Ray, hero of the One Year War... show me your true ability!

(He actually phrases it like "show me the power that sleeps inside you" but that sounds weird as gently caress in english. The translation patch does even worse, giving it as "Show me the slumbering abilities of a true Newtype".)

With the backup, Code Phoenix defeats him, setting up the Break and Secret.

The world is warping!

Is that ZAFT's new-model warship, the Minerva!?

Making matters worse, another Gundam arrives just after...

A crimson uniform...!? It's Shinn Asuka! Still, that is, without a doubt, another one of the clones. On top of fighting Amuro Ray, I have to fight Shinn Asuka too!
Oh? Isn't it more exciting if things are a bit challenging?
Hey, don't misunderstand me now, Arby! I've already had more than enough excitement! Come on! Let's finish this!

Shiro is the first secret unit on this stage, spawning over on the right-hand side of the map, while the ZAFT units spawn on the left. This is part of why it matters to have a second Master - so that you can have a warship and attached squadron on that side of the map already.

And here's the other gimmick of the CORE stages. When you defeat one of the enemy aces, they'll respawn in (usually) an upgraded version of the unit, twice per ace - so Amuro begins in the Gundam, then respawns in the G3 Gundam and finally the Full Armor Gundam. Shinn is a bit different, as he cycles through the Impulse's three Wizard Packs instead. These make them great for farming money and XP, since you get to shoot each ace down 3 times, and each major wave also spawns with a warship that carries several units - plus the secrets - so you can get a lot of money simply by selling the captured units.

Code Phoenix started closer this time, so I had him engage Shinn early - most of the ZAFT units can't shoot back at him from here, so there's no problems with doing this.

Shinn Asuka... you fight only because you cannot let go of your past. I will defeat you!

Harry's on his own over here, but he doesn't care. At least until the next turn, when I forget he doesn't actually have an I-Field yet. I need to play more carefully on that side of the field this time.

Code Phoenix's animations are kind of amazing, which is a problem since I had to turn it into a gif for ants to be able to upload it.

Something I just discovered is that choosing a pilot you've already scouted as a Master, doesn't unlock all their spells immediately. Whoops!

It does give me a chance to show off why he's Code Paper, though - this was after getting bumped by Amuro's Gundam once.

Notice that I can't move over those little red lights.

Katz fulfills his destiny and shoots down Amuro, becoming the true main character. Unfortunately, Code Phoenix chooses this moment to miss an 80% shot and be hit by Shinn, causing me to reload the stage for the fifth time. This time my run is much better, to the point that I actually trigger the third wave in a reasonable timespan.

Be careful! The world is distorting again!

This time, it's the characters from Gundam AGE.

My, my... a Newtype, a Coordinator, and what's next but an X-Rounder!
They have designated their original enemies as "UE", for "Unknown Enemy".
That's people like us! They're clones, after all! Time to clean this up!

:allears:

Code Paper...

The main problem here is that the AGE enemies are literally on the other side of the map from where ZAFT spawned in, so Code Phoenix has to run all the way over and beat Flit within 5 turns. The Master Phoenix Gundam has high movement, but it can still be a tough ask.

Cool guys don't look at explosions.

Things were looking rough here for a bit but thanks to some cheating RNG manipulation save scumming good luck we managed to make it through the turn.

With the power of Char's 100% Evasion skill, Code Phoenix makes it to the next turn and defeats Flit, triggering the CORE Impact.

Wh, what's with these guys!?
It can't be! They're... Copycat units!? Were defective Copycat units released!? Be careful, Code Phoenix! A Copycat unit can copy us when it attacks!

She's not kidding - it randomly copies your units, and the same unit can be selected twice. This is why you couldn't stand on those red lights; the enemies needed to spawn there. I originally thought that they couldn't copy units over a certain size but oh boy was I proved wrong last time, when they copied my Haro Mobile Armor and began wrecking face. However, they can't copy the equipped Option Parts, and the pilots are basic Neuro AIs with 15 in all stats and no skills, making them not tremendously threatening at this stage in the game. Lategame, when your units are really overpowered, having three Neuros copy your Turn A Black History can be... problematic.

Sorry Flit, you don't exist thanks to licensing rights! After clearing out all the remaining enemies, however, the Core Sector begins shaking...

What!? What is this vibration...!?

:stonk:

What's that monster!? Do you know what it is, Arby!?
Looks like the Balbadoro is successfully recovering as we storm through the booby traps. But it's still not in its perfect form. It looks just like a newborn.

:stonklol:

That's the Balbadoro!?
Come on! Move, Balbadoro! Unleash the power that opens the sealed door!

The Balbadoro disappears, and we finally clear the stage.

You get kind of a lot of units doing this stage. As usual, I keep one of everything and sell the rest for a tidy profit.

Timp's new ride. I really need to watch Turn A, don't I?

Somehow, I got this from Silver SuMO + Strike Rouge.

The money goes towards outfitting Meer's ship properly, scouting a suitable pilot to fill in each seat. Notably, Gigi, over in the Guest seat, rather than having Charisma (+Charm when Guest), instead has a skill called Fortune that doubles Ace Point gain when she's set as the Guest, although I'm not sure if it's just for the ship, for her, or for everyone (I picked her up because she had the appropriate skill and was cheap).

Also, Katz becomes a Newtype.

And Timp reaches level 10, so he becomes a Cyber Newtype. :clint:

Oh neat. Our collection filled out enough to unlock Loni. Unlike most of the other secret characters you get early on, Loni is actually good, with 20 in each of her combat stats and the very useful Counterattack skill (all return-fire attacks deal 10% more damage). Brand immediately gets benched in favor of Loni.

NEXT TIME:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Core stages are a lot of fun, I remember being caught completely off-guard by the G3 when I played this stage the first time, and the clones too. And Code Phoenix's... frailty. You'd think a guy named Phoenix would be better at not dying or at least come back, but it's your enemies who get to revive after death instead.

That said you sure rushed through this. Maybe have a few more images next time, the update felt a bit disjointed at times, like not showing the Gundam appearing or nearly anything post the first Break. Just some advice though, since these stages are pretty unique.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Legend of Katz continues to grow.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Blaze Dragon posted:

That said you sure rushed through this. Maybe have a few more images next time, the update felt a bit disjointed at times, like not showing the Gundam appearing or nearly anything post the first Break. Just some advice though, since these stages are pretty unique.

Yeah I really should have taken a break and come back to it, I had to reload something like five times thanks to trying to rush the stage now instead of finishing grinding out the A stages first (I need to gold medal A-5 and A-6 before I do A-EX since A-EX is harder than CORE-1), so I was super salty with it.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Fun is being had. Wonderful LP. Maybe upload animations to archive.org to not deal with compression?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sad I missed this when you brought it back. I would have voted for Usso and give you the added challenge rule of only using female pilots to make a straight shota harem for the guy, keeping in line with Victory Gundam.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

General Revil posted:

I'm sad I missed this when you brought it back. I would have voted for Usso and give you the added challenge rule of only using female pilots to make a straight shota harem for the guy, keeping in line with Victory Gundam.

This is the Char Playthrough, we do not accept non-Chars even if they may or may not be Char's grandson.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is the Char Playthrough, we do not accept non-Chars even if they may or may not be Char's grandson.

CHARS FOR EVERYONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I missed this coming back, but it's nice to see Timp still growing. He may never be the flashiest guy, but he'll be damned if he doesn't stay solidly reliable at worst.