Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Never played this, but I love Bloodbowl so I'll throw my hat in:

Name: Rolf the Horseman:
Race: Human
Class: Warrior Cavalryman
Short-Term Ambition kill my first orc, mutant, or ratman.
Long-Term Ambition Winning a hereditary title from the Emperor

Where are you from?

I'm from Streissen, in Averland. Well Duke Leopold's manor outside Heideck.

What is your family like?

We raise horses for Duke Leopold, and guard his cattle. Mom, Dad, Aelfra my older sister, her husband Seamus. It's a good life, but a bit boring.
Mom taught me everything I know about how to take care of horses and cattle.

Dad taught me to ride horses, and how to measure the worth of a horse. Duke Leopold's horses are prized in Averland, because Dad and Grandfather (he died around when I was born) have been so successful at breeding and trading horses.

Aelfra hits like a mule, and sings like a bird. I miss her.
Seamus is okay, I don't like to talk bad about folks, but he's not much of a rider.

What was your childhood like?

Peaceful for the most part, the raids out of the mountain rarely got to us, The Duke kept us drilling every summer though.
I was 7 when I was first able to hold a spear and ride at the same time.

Why did you leave home?

Two reasons. First Gunthar, the Counts Master Armsman, told stories about the marvels of the rest of the Empire. I loved those stories. As soon as I had saved enough money from racing Charra to buy her from the Count I left to see the rest of the Empire.
The second is, I was never going to be more than a servant working for Duke Leopold, or his heir Martell if I stayed on the estate. It might be prideful of me, but I wanted the chance to earn my own estate.

Who are your best friends?

Kern, was the smith's son and my best friend growing up. I expect he'll take over for his dad eventually. He doesn't understand why anyone would ever want to leave the manor.

I've gotten to know a few people on the road. A flame-haired minstrel by the name of Kella is a lot of fun, but she has gotten me into trouble a few times. Pretty sure neither of us should go to Merfeld anytime soon.
And I took a brigand's arrow to the shoulder a month or so ago, was pretty painful at the time. Chervil a wandering apothecary patched me up, I let him ride behind me on Charra to the next town. Small man, but smart.

What is your greatest desire?

I want to have an estate like Duke Leopold does once I've seen the borders of the empire. Raise a bunch of kids, cattle, and horses.

What are your best and worst memories?

My best memory is when I won my first horse race for the Duke. His armsman lifted me over their shoulders and I remember everyone cheering my name.

The worst memory was watching a witch burn in Averheim. I had just arrived in town, on my first trip their with my dad. I still hear her screams in my nightmares.

What are your religious beliefs?

Sigmund takes care of those that take care of themselves. I'm not a big believer in astrology, but if a star-seer tells you to stay home today, you stay home.

To whom, or what, are you loyal?

I'm loyal to the Empire, and I'm not one that would leave a friend behind. If I give my word to you, you can count on it.

Why are you adventuring?

To see as much of the empire as I can, and to win a fortune or title.

pre:
 Characteristics:
Weapon Skill:  40 (+3) 
Ballistic Skill:  30 
Strength:  35 
Toughness:  37 
Initiative:  34 
Agility:  39 (+2) 
Dexterity:  30  
Intelligence:  33  
Willpower:  33
Fellowship:  30 
Wounds:  12 (15 from Hardy) 
Fate:  4
Resilience:  2 
Movement:  4

Talents:
Doomed "The Myrmidian spring is thy poison."
Savvy: You gain a permanent +5 bonus to your starting Intelligence (this does not count towards your Advances).
Hardy
Max: Toughness Bonus
You gain a permanent addition to your Wounds, equal to your Toughness Bonus. If your Toughness Bonus should increase,
then the number of Wounds Hardy provides also increases.
Lightning Reflexes
Max: 1
You gain a permanent +5 bonus to your starting Agility Characteristic (this does not count towards your Advances).
Supernumerate: (human calculator) + 1 Success Level for successful gamble or evaluate checks.
Combat Aware:
Max: Initiative Bonus
Tests: Perception during melee
You are used to scanning the battlefield to make snap decisions informed by the shifting tides of war.
You may take a Challenging (+0) Perception Test to ignore Surprise, which is modified by circumstance as normal.

Skills:
Human(Reiklander):
Animal Care +5,  Charm , Cool , Evaluate +5, Gossip, Haggle, Language (Bretonnian), Language (Wastelander), Leadership +3,
Lore (Reikland), Melee (Basic), Ranged (Bow) +5 
Warrior (Cavalryman):
Animal Care, Charm Animal +5, Endurance +5, Language (Battle), Melee (Basic) +10, Outdoor Survival +5, Perception +5,
Ride (Horse) +5

Trappings: 
Clothing, Axe, Dagger, Pouch, Leather Jack, Riding Horse (Charra) with Saddle and Tack
Cash: 15 Silver cash roll: 2d10 15

Total XP: 45 Spent XP: 0

Rolls:
Race: race roll: 1d100 28 Human +20 XP
Class and Career 1: class and career: 1d100 41 Peasant Hunter
Class and Career 2:class and career 2: 1d100 90 Warrior Cavalryman +25 XP
Class and Career 3: class and career 3: 1d100 56 Ranger Flagellant
Characteristics:
characteristics rolls: 10#2d10 3 9 15 13 7 11 6 10 12 11
stats roll 2: 10#2d10 10 17 15 17 8 12 13 10 14 10
Random Talents:
random talents: 2#1d100 27 30 Hardy Lightning Reflexes
random talents: 1d100 27 Duplicate
random talents: 1d100 89 Supernumarate
Doom Roll:
Doom: 1d100 82

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

chin up everything sucks posted:

Just as a note, Bloodbowl has nothing to do with Warhammer Fantasy except for the names of the races/units - it is explicitly a non-canon mashup.

crush my dreams of getting a career as a runner.

Okay I've edited my character post to include what I think I needed to from the career card.

Let me know if I've missed something.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

So any chance we could setup discord? IRC is blocked at work.

And good source to read up on the current WFRP fluff? I could spin a good background for a 40k character without help. But I’m a bit lost on the fantasy world.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Izzy posted:

BTW, I have Tome of Salvation if people with human characters want to roll up their DOOM randomly.

What's an 82 get me?

Also, could someone share what the Savvy talent does?

• Locked thread