Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Marking my interest to roll up a random char tomorrow.

Come on, tiny XP bonuses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Praise be to smart phones and public transport taking time.

I'm gonna be an apothecary, which is a lot less cool of an occupation when you're not a Space Marine.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Nicholas Bingen, Apothecary

1. Where are you from?
Kotbus, a settlement to the south of Reikland Forest and to the north of some other forest.
2. What is your family like?
Nicholas' father was a farmer and his mother was a farmer, too. Brews great ale, that woman, even in her advanced age. Like in any other peasant family, Nicholas has a dozen of brothers and sisters, as many alive as have died in childhood. The more extended family is actually spread out in the surrounding villages. Nichola's older brother is a handgunner in Altdorf while one of his sisters is a Shallyan priestess.
3. What was your childhood like?
Like any other child of his station, he spent his early childhood playing around the homestead and making uneasy "expeditions" into the forest. He also got some practice as a herd keep, though keeping his feet warm by sticking them in dung never sat right with him. Even as a kid, he wasn't particularly strong, but he was tough and smart and fast. That's why he caught the eye of Nanny One Eye, a herbalist woman on the look out for an apprentice.
4. Why did you leave home?
Nanny One-Eye thinks that it would work well for Nicholas to travel and see the bounty of the land in other parts of the Empire as well as getting some experience in treating maladies that are unrelated to farming. Nicholas himself would also like to see the world - he has read enough of it in the books that he can read, and he has heard stories from his brother and sister.
5. Who are your best friends?
Mostly Nanny One-Eye, since other children didn't take too kindly to the kid that hung around the strange herb woman.
6. What is your greatest desire?
Nicholas' would very much like to be known as the greatest non-magical healer in the land, curing people through judicious application of plants, herbs and whatever else will fit into the mortar.
7. What are your best and worst memories?
The best memories are of Nanny's shack in the middle of a summer's day, the fragrant smells of drying hherbs wafting in the air and the motes of dust dancing in the light pouring in through the open door. This is what a home should feel like, always.

The worst memory was of visiting an apothercary in a nearby village - he was a friend of Nanny's, so she took Nicholas with her on the trip - who they found in bed, dying after a Beastman attack. The man had been horribly maimed while out collecting herbs. The wounds from their weapons didn't look nearly as horrible as those bites.
8. What are your religious beliefs?
A good Imperial should place his faith in Sigmar and seek out to cleanse corruption wherever it might be. Uphold the laws, strengthen the state, kill the cultist and the beast, be friend to the dwarves - that's what the king of gods commands, and Nicholas obeys.
9. To whom, or what, are you loyal?
A healthy populace means a healthy Empire, so working on not only healing instances of illness, but curing them outright is a noble goal for someone who wants to serve, but isn't good with a blade and can't sling fireballs.
10. Why are you adventuring?
To find new places and people, to investigate new apothecary components, read upon the wisdom of others and improve the lot of other citizens of the Empire and general god-fearing (well, the proper gog-fearing) citizens.

pre:
Species: 29 - Human +25 XP
Class/Career: 1, Academic - Apothecary +50 XP
Tier 1: Apprentice, Brass 3

Ambitions:
Short term: to destroy a Nurglite cult[/url]
[spoiler]Long term: to annihilate a Beastman tribe to make a forest safe(ish) for Apothecaries

Wounds: 11, Fate 2, Fortune 2, Resilience 4, Resolve 4, Movement 4

Ability:
Weapon skill: 26
Ballistic skill: 32
Strength: 25
Toughness: 33 + 
Initiative: 34
Agility: 27
Dexterity: 40 +
Intelligence: 37 + (5 Advances)
Willpower: 34
Fellowship: 27
+50XP

Skills:
Charm 5 
Cool 3 
Evaluate 3 
Gossip 3 
Haggle 5
Ranged (Bow) 5
Consume Alcohol 2
Heal 10
Language (Classical) 1
Lore (Chemistry) 5
Lore (Medicine) 3
Lore (Plants) 5
Trade (Apothecary) 10
Trade (Poisoner) 3

Talents:
Doomed
Savvy
Suave (Random Roll 1)
Read/Write (Random Roll 2)
Hardy (Random Roll 3)
Concoct

Trappings:
Clothing
Dagger
Pouch (54 brass pennies)
Sling Bag (Writing Kit and 8 sheets of Parchment)

XP: 120

JcDent fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 4, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

If you're like me and have a hard time generating a char, FnF review of WHFRP4E goes over the process in detail.

• Locked thread