Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

-That scene from Being John Malkovich in the restaurant but everyone is a dick instead. The only option on the menu is BIG DICKS and some lady says "I'll have what she's having."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Captain America punching the Red Skull with his shield so hard that his skull head goes flying off

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

picosecond posted:

Captain America punching the Red Skull with his shield so hard that his skull head goes flying off

This but the camera pans out, and they are in an NFL field and Cap scores a goal post with Red Skull's skull.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My idea:

Something Awful saves America.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Oh my!

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

:spooky:

Expect the Paul Walker animation within a week.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I've decided to take my time on this idea because I think it has the potential to be good. My skills aren't at a point where I can do this quickly so it might be some time until the next video.

I'll post further updates when I have them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Vile Pilot posted:

I've decided to take my time on this idea because I think it has the potential to be good. My skills aren't at a point where I can do this quickly so it might be some time until the next video.

I'll post further updates when I have them.

Updates like this are good, it keeps interest up. Please keep posting teasers as you work on them so this thread doesn't die. Animation takes awhile but once you've build up a decent set of models you should be able to do it more quickly. You do good work and it's funny.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Looking good, OP

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I hope it's someone having sex with a muskmelon.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I'm feeling a little bit better about the Paul Walker model, but it still has a ways to go.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Where did OP go?

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Where did OP go?

this is what happened last time...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I find it disheartening.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I find it disheartening.

I've been working on the Paul Walker bust.

I could honestly spend months just trying to get it right.

Do people want to see me do fast work of lower quality or slower work of higher quality?

Vile Pilot fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 21, 2018

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vile Pilot posted:

Do people want to see me do fast work of lower quality or slower work of higher quality?

I was under the impression you were going to be moving just a tid bit faster :shrug:

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I was under the impression you were going to be moving just a tid bit faster :shrug:

I spent a year on the loss.jpg animation.

But alright, I'll crank them out fast.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I don't want to rush you but your OP said weekly updates. I had to bump this thread for fear it was gonna just sink into oblivion. Even if you aren't producing a video every week at least let us know you;re still thinking about it once in a while.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the op animating all the ideas itt

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I don't want to rush you but your OP said weekly updates. I had to bump this thread for fear it was gonna just sink into oblivion. Even if you aren't producing a video every week at least let us know you;re still thinking about it once in a while.

I guess I got carried away. It is such a good idea that I wanted to try doing it really well.

I've also been trying to figure out how many hours I want to work on animation. I was trying to aim for 1-3 hours a day, but I think I'm just going to say gently caress it and work like 10+.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vile Pilot posted:

I guess I got carried away. It is such a good idea that I wanted to try doing it really well.

I've also been trying to figure out how many hours I want to work on animation. I was trying to aim for 1-3 hours a day, but I think I'm just going to say gently caress it and work like 10+.

As long as you take breaks to jerk it and replenish your fluids.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Vile Pilot posted:

Yes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Teasers and updates are what the thread wants, maybe throw some small animations in with existing characters while you work on the larger things. Make models that you plan on reusing and have the thread come up with the ideas on what should happen "next episode". You mentioned wanted to do this for youtube money which needs uploads at least weekly so this would help with it. Ideally you want an episode to only take only a few hours to make so you aren't taking too much time away from the high quality non filler ones.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
a wizard fighting a dragon also the wizard is smoking a bong and the dragon is lighting it w/ his breath

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
A vile, rapacious pirate mends his ways after he meets the governor's maidservant lover. Not only does he make her an honest woman, but she makes him an honest man. Also he's a drag racing champion

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Alright expect something done in a week.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

As long as you take breaks to jerk it and replenish your fluids.

A JO energy collecting crystal might help...

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
A man typing on the SomethingAwful forums then he pauses to reflect: "I am gay"

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Kim Jong Un suddenly finds himself as his fursona, abdicates, and goes to Disney land.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I'm going to spend 10+ hours a day on this. 3 is my max.

So expect something done about a week from today.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Why did we all believe you? That's our fault.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
look when you want quality material you're going to have to let the craftsman work at his own pace. i have full faith that the OP will fulfill his promises and we true believers will be richly rewarded

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Vato posted:

owned

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Vato posted:

Don't worry things will get done just have some patience.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Vile Pilot posted:

Don't worry things will get done just have some patience.

I'm good at both waiting and being impatient.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Since I can't decide between the following options I'm going to ask this thread.

Should I:

A-Work 1-3 hours a day and maybe get one done a week
B-Go balls to the wall, do nothing but animate, and work 10-15 hours a day. In that case I might be able to pull off daily uploads.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vile Pilot posted:

Since I can't decide between the following options I'm going to ask this thread.

Should I:

A-Work 1-3 hours a day and maybe get one done a week
B-Go balls to the wall, do nothing but animate, and work 10-15 hours a day. In that case I might be able to pull off daily uploads.

VP, you've had trouble giving us weekly update. Maybe just try that.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you give 110%, you could work 26.4 hours per day - then you could probably put out 2 per week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A rubber ball but it's pooping every time it bounces

• Locked thread