Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
fair enough, i was up early and cranky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Jabba's sail barge is also low enough to the ground that people can just jump off it and escape. When things started exploding and people started dying, people could have gone overboard. Yes, they're stuck in the Tatooine desert but it's reasonable they could stumble their way back to the palace.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It seems like the palace is within walking distance of Mos Espa at least.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
there's no way max's piano thing can't fly like grogu's orb, dude just saw that light saber come out and straight up took off

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

TheBuilder posted:

Seeing Bib get shot directly in the chest again brought me great joy. I've always loved scenes of fat dudes getting shot in the chest unexpectedly as they gasp for their last breath like they are having a Bill Swerski super fan tier cardiac event. The best reference example would be the portrayal of Lt. Max Eckhardt by William "Porkins" Hootkins in Batman (1989).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

He’s clearly thinking about top men.

Top… men.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

fartknocker posted:

He’s clearly thinking about top men.

Top… men.

Top gonks :colbert:

e: wrong thread, but not sorry about it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

One cool thing pointed out at the end is that the end credits uses a similar song based on the Crimson Dawn. We may just be seeing them as the ones puppeting everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UesxHV0EqIM

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It plays throughout the BoBF theme, so it might also just be a coincidence. It's also a theme that's specifically connected to Fett's time with the Tuskens, while there's a completely different theme, originating in The Mandalorian, that's used in the show for "on the job" Fett, and is more heavily used in the present day scenes, which is where I'd expect Crimson Dawn references to pop up.

It could be a tie to Crimson Dawn, but I don't think they'd make it a core part of the show's main theme, especially if it's intended to exist beyond the current plot arc. To me, it just seems like a thematically appropriate coincidence, like Duel of the Fates appearing in The Empire Strikes Back

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 21, 2022

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TheBuilder posted:

Seeing Bib get shot directly in the chest again brought me great joy. I've always loved scenes of fat dudes getting shot in the chest unexpectedly as they gasp for their last breath like they are having a Bill Swerski super fan tier cardiac event. The best reference example would be the portrayal of Lt. Max Eckhardt by William "Porkins" Hootkins in Batman (1989).

Still the most baller IMDB photo

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Robot Style posted:

To me, it just seems like a thematically appropriate coincidence, like Duel of the Fates appearing in The Empire Strikes Back
I think that was just Williams putting his themes together and using his "Jedi Training" theme in the forefront and with urgency for the fight sequence to kind of imply "these dudes have never had a real fight, but they've trained as if they could at any moment for their whole lives".

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The weird thing is, that music doesn't even appear in the movie - the scene where it would have been has no music at all, and it cuts in partway through the track when Luke notices the cave. The soundtrack for Empire has quite a lot of music that didn't actually make it into the film, and it would be pretty funny if Williams decided to do a callback to something that most people don't even know exists in the first place.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

The weird thing is, that music doesn't even appear in the movie - the scene where it would have been has no music at all, and it cuts in partway through the track when Luke notices the cave. The soundtrack for Empire has quite a lot of music that didn't actually make it into the film, and it would be pretty funny if Williams decided to do a callback to something that most people don't even know exists in the first place.

There’s a LOT of ESB’s soundtrack that didn’t make it into the film for some reason. Like the opening minute of the Hoth theme after the end of the main theme. They salvaged that bit and used it as the menu theme for Shadows of the Empire instead.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ben Burtt is a brilliant sound designer but he really likes chopping up John Williams's scores (and he's kind of a salty bitch but that's a whole other can of worms). The original cut for the Episode III opening is fantastic but hugely different in the final mix.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJaGH6qlA1A

Ok, so I know that Tem saying that "those Ewoks were great to work with" is him just being a delightful old man confusing Ewoks and Jawas...

...but a solid 5% of me is hoping that was an accidental spoiler.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Marsupial Ape posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJaGH6qlA1A

Ok, so I know that Tem saying that "those Ewoks were great to work with" is him just being a delightful old man confusing Ewoks and Jawas...

...but a solid 5% of me is hoping that was an accidental spoiler.

Secretly Jawas are just mean-rear end Ewoks in robes.

Meanwhile, Temura's villain being Fennac Shand was hilarious.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The quiz they're taking had pictures (and none were of Jawas) so it seems unlikely he'd get confused. Plus Ming-na also said "they were funny", after he mentioned working with so she would have to be mis-remembering as well.

Though the fact that she didn't shush him like she did when he accidentally leaked the gunship scene from the latest episode also points to it being a joke.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Robot Style posted:

The quiz they're taking had pictures (and none were of Jawas) so it seems unlikely he'd get confused. Plus Ming-na also said "they were funny", after he mentioned working with so she would have to be mis-remembering as well.

Though the fact that she didn't shush him like she did when he accidentally leaked the gunship scene from the latest episode also points to it being a joke.

Don't do this to me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's time for F&F* to rehabilitate the Ewoks. I'd be more excited to see them I think than I was for Luke.

*Filoni & Favreau I mean, but if Vin Diesel wants to team up with the Ewoks I'm not against it

Lobok fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 21, 2022

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Hazo posted:

Ben Burtt is a brilliant sound designer but he really likes chopping up John Williams's scores (and he's kind of a salty bitch but that's a whole other can of worms). The original cut for the Episode III opening is fantastic but hugely different in the final mix.

I remember listening to the soundtrack before III released, and I was so excited to see how this would play out with that jarring immediate cut to music instead of the usual slow build.

Then the movie just didn't do that. drat it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I remember listening to the soundtrack before III released, and I was so excited to see how this would play out with that jarring immediate cut to music instead of the usual slow build.

Imagine having droid fighters abruptly crash through the opening crawl with republic fighters in hot pursuit, and we follow them down into the battle over Coruscant before Anakin and Obi-Wan appear for the camera to hound

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Lobok posted:

It's time for F&F* to rehabilitate the Ewoks. I'd be more excited to see them I think than I was for Luke.

*Filion & Favreau I mean, but if Vin Diesel wants to team up with the Ewoks I'm not against it

Nothing to rehabilitate.

After episode 3 started watching ewoks and darm, they have serious spell cred on top of their "scifi viet cong" status.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I think Ming-na Wen said in an interview that Fennece is "Obviously" in love with Boba Fett, but doesn't appreciate being indebted to him for her life.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I could have sworn the first time I watched episode 3 they played the opening with the fanfare included. But I could also be confusing things with the Battlefront 2 coruscant space battle music.

The drum buildup is better though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Fivemarks posted:

I think Ming-na Wen said in an interview that Fennece is "Obviously" in love with Boba Fett, but doesn't appreciate being indebted to him for her life.

The latest episode showed that they're even though? She's sticking with him by choice/because of his offer

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

shades of eternity posted:

Nothing to rehabilitate.

Nothing to rehab to me or maybe even the majority of goons here but historically haven't they had a bad rap?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Vinylshadow posted:

Imagine having droid fighters abruptly crash through the opening crawl with republic fighters in hot pursuit, and we follow them down into the battle over Coruscant before Anakin and Obi-Wan appear for the camera to hound

I don't mind the bass drum transition (even if it's scraped off a separate part of the piece), but yeah I remember someone here posted the leaked EpIII soundtrack in the GBS hype thread and listening to it like crazy and being jarred by the edits. The shoehorned-in rendition of Duel of the Fates during Anakin Versus Obi-Wan took me out of it too.

Lobok posted:

*Filion & Favreau

I know it's a typo but I would like to see Nathan Fillion as a Star Wars character (yes I'm aware of Firefly)

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Hazo posted:

I know it's a typo but I would like to see Nathan Fillion as a Star Wars character (yes I'm aware of Firefly)

Yes please. Cast him as an aging, full-of-himself, cheeseball Dash Rendar.

EDIT: I mean, come on:

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 21, 2022

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Lobok posted:

*Filoni & Favreau I mean, but if Vin Diesel wants to team up with the Ewoks I'm not against it

I think the Endor Survival mode on Battlefront has already done this. It's the reflective eyes, man.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

Yes please. Cast him as an aging, full-of-himself, cheeseball Dash Rendar.

EDIT: I mean, come on:

Kurt Russell could have pulled off OT Dash in the 80s or 90s, and Sequel Dash in the present, but Fillion is also a good choice for post-Jedi, working with what we've got because it's 40 years later in the real world and we need to get creative to cover the gaps Dash.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1484659101908881409

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

color me very intrigued now

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
We don't need Dash Rendar or Kyle Katarn or any of the other 'what if Han but not Han' EU characters in live action, created as they were because they couldn't just use Han

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think Kyle is unique enough nowadays to use

But yeah lol Dash Rendar

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dash Rendar, but he moves like the Shadows of the Empire videogame version.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dexo posted:

But yeah lol Dash Rendar

Kyle will show up on the Cassian Andor show and ask who this lame rear end was who couldn't even steal the death star plans without dying.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Dexo posted:

But yeah lol Dash Rendar

That's exactly why Nathan Filion would be perfect for the role. Make him a conceited has-been wannabe Han Solo, whom nobody likes or takes seriously, forever resting on his laurels. But he's had a hand in saving Han and defeating Xizor, so he has a few undeniable former glories to look back on that the others begrudgingly have to acknowledge. And boy does he love to tell those stories.
Imagine Zapp Brannigan, who once scored four touchdowns in one game, winning the game for Polk High.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Dexo posted:

But yeah lol Dash Rendar

"we need a dashing smuggler to do stuff between esb and rotj but han is frozen in carbonite"

"well we already h--"

"--and he's gotta be white."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

"we need a dashing smuggler to do stuff between esb and rotj but han is frozen in carbonite"

"well we already h--"

"--and he's gotta be white."

Which is hilarious because in the Shadows of the Empire novel, Dash Rendar is basically a smug, annoying footnote and it is indeed Lando who does all the Han Solo poo poo that Han Solo would have done instead.