Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EugeneDebsWasCool
Nov 10, 2017
Buglord

He has an apartment there in Chicago. I briefly met him years ago, in the same spot as this video, while I was waiting for my wife to get off work at the Top Shop next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1qPmb9zH5Y

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
everyone who describes a contemporary cultural product they've made as "trumpian" in 2022 isn't actually liberal or progressive but merely wishes to stochastically recreate a world where they had clear moral authority

which is ironically a pretty conservative proposition

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mameluke posted:

everyone who describes a contemporary cultural product they've made as "trumpian" in 2022 isn't actually liberal or progressive but merely wishes to stochastically recreate a world where they had clear moral authority

which is ironically a pretty conservative proposition

Fiona Shaw didn't make the show

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Did you just give me a life lesson from the Emperor?!"

Lego Summer Vacation was a lot of fun

It's also very weird to actually hear Palpatine introduce himself as Sheev

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Lego Summer Vacation was a lot of fun

Can second this. The ending was actually kind of… genuinely affecting too? Kinda caught me off-guard, honestly.

edit: also enjoyed them getting all the mileage they could out of the BOBF theme song

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 6, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Star Wars: LARRY - Episode III

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no click zone

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Lmao took me two verses to realise the shanty was about Creepio

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I havent laughed as hard as I did on the "Ah! Heat! thing" in a very long time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Smythe posted:

no click zone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when is this new star war coming out. i need to argue about star war at all times. thank you

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Smythe posted:

when is this new star war coming out. i need to argue about star war at all times. thank you

No you don't need to argue about StarWars. :colbert:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There'll be two Star Wars to argue about simultaneously in a few weeks. :ohdear:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They've put a lot of work into this series

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

They've put a lot of work into this series

Maybe they were told to stop half assing it after Kenobi.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

LucasFilm: "All right, Gilroy, we want FULL rear end."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Star Wars sucks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That DICK! posted:

Star Wars sucks

You be it does.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

thrawn527 posted:

Haha I think not because Im pretty sure Andor was filming for like 2 years and during 1 year of that they made both BOBF and Obi-Wan. I think they were told to use less rear end.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Andor seems to be the one series that they said "throw money at the sets and backgrounds" rather than just relying on the volume (Which they avoided entirely for Andor)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Andor seems to be the one series that they said "throw money at the sets and backgrounds" rather than just relying on the volume (Which they avoided entirely for Andor)

maybe next time they can "avoid" appearing on my television screen so i dont have to watch it 5 seconds after it posts to disney+ with a piping hot freezer pizza and beer and then can "avoid" posting about the episode 999 times and getting into arguments about it with every man woman and child within 500 feet of me until 2 days after the series wraps when i'll forget about it entirely. how about that??!!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I just come here to drink the salty nerd rage tears whilst I enjoy the most freaking epic Star Wars since a certain Empire decided to strike back :allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

robot roll call posted:

I just come here to drink the salty nerd rage tears whilst I enjoy the most freaking epic Star Wars since a certain Empire decided to strike back :allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

I’m just sippin the blue milk tea

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

robot roll call posted:

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five:
:neckbeard:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it seems weve reached an impasse, and that we are all actually laughing about it

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Star Wars: The Clockwork Man - A Dune Sea Shanty

They are giving the people what they want.

It's been ages since I watched their versions of the films so I didn't realise until it was pointed out that the Clockwork Man is Threepio

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 13, 2022

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Alchenar posted:

Star Wars: The Clockwork Man - A Dune Sea Shanty

They are giving the people what they want.

It's been ages since I watched their versions of the films so I didn't realise until it was pointed out that the Clockwork Man is Threepio

"It sounds like they were referring to a misunderstood creature" (not direct quite, just paraphrasing)

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Obiwan and Owen are brothers, right?

Also, I haven’t really followed the career of Kumail Nanjiani since about 2014 or so. When did he become the guy from the Big League Chew pack? You gotta adjust your regimes for people who are smaller than Chris Hemsworth, Disney.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

mweber posted:

Obiwan and Owen are brothers, right?

Only in the old canon. Then they decided to make "uncle" Owen be literally Luke's uncle instead.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

Only in the old canon. Then they decided to make "uncle" Owen be literally Luke's uncle instead.

That’s what made me wonder. I knew they used to be. But then Obiwan talked all about a baby brother he didn’t remember in the most recent show. So are they retconning that again or was it {idea to be added later}?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Parkingtigers posted:

Just so we're clear, by "old canon", this means "olllllld canon", as in, "was true for the novelization of A New Hope, and not really since then". Like, I'm not even sure if it was referenced after that, and then Episode II officially killed it.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Just so we're clear, by "old canon", this means "olllllld canon", as in, "was true for the novelization of A New Hope, and not really since then". Like, I'm not even sure if it was referenced after that, and then Episode II officially killed it.

I learned it from the Obi-wan episode of The Gleep Glossary podcast. That one was from The Original Guide to Characters, I think. In the same entry, Anakin is basically a deadbeat space trucker.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

mweber posted:

I learned it from the Obi-wan episode of The Gleep Glossary podcast. That one was from The Original Guide to Characters, I think. In the same entry, Anakin is basically a deadbeat space trucker.

Love that podcast. And all the WHM guys. But the Guide to Characters is pulling from literally anywhere it can for source material. It's desperate. If that means it was pulling from stuff that most people no longer considered canon, even at the time because it had fallen into "who gives a poo poo", so be it.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

mweber posted:

That’s what made me wonder. I knew they used to be. But then Obiwan talked all about a baby brother he didn’t remember in the most recent show. So are they retconning that again or was it {idea to be added later}?

The ROTJ novelization added a line where Obi-Wan mentions Owen was his brother (though it was something the author came up with, and not something from Lucas).
After Episode I came out, there was a young reader novel series called Jedi Apprentice about Obi-Wan's training, and one of them mentions he had vague memories of a brother named Owen from his pre-Jedi life on a grassy planet, referencing the ROTJ novel.
After Episode II came out and established that Owen Lars was Anakin's step-brother, the stuff from the ROTJ novelization was rendered non-canonical, but the stuff about Obi-Wan remembering his brother was kept, and I guess that Obi-Wan's brother's name was also named Owen just became a coincidence.

I'm guessing the writers of Obi-Wan just got the "Obi-Wan had a brother" tidbit from Wookieepedia as part of his backstory, but weren't intentionally referencing a defunct factoid from a 40 year old movie novelization.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1560982915101646849?t=0QSQAFcbWRTjpnnAh5A1cw&s=19

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Okay but that’s gonna be a hilarious movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nowadays she fights against Darth Brandon.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

When she torpedoed her career I called it but I even gave her the credit she'd be starring opposite Kevin Sorbo. This seems a teir below that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'd be fascinated to see a conservative Xena & Hercules...