Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

They need to combine those Temple Challenges with Big Brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

First round: Boom de gasser.

Second round: Crashen de boss’ heyblibber.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's pretty rad that Ahmed Best is the Jedi Master/Show Host of Temple Challenge.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
But is it canon??

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Chill Penguin posted:

But is it canon??

Yes, indeed it is.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 3, 2020

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

jivjov posted:

Eh it's not just TLJ, after he got raked over the coals for that one, he clarified that nobody knows Star Wars like Lucas and he doesn't see any of it as being as "valid" as when he was making it. He seems like a decent enough guy other than taking potshots at directors for "not doing their homework"...but he keeps. Doing. That. One. Thing.

But how does he feel about the Filoni verse? Because honestly outside of that I totally agree with him.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PriorMarcus posted:

But how does he feel about the Filoni verse? Because honestly outside of that I totally agree with him.

According to the Twitter conversation I had with him, if it's not Lucas, it's inherently inferior. Begs the question of his thoughts on Clone Wars specifically, given how much involvement Lucas had with that day-to-day

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

jivjov posted:

According to the Twitter conversation I had with him, if it's not Lucas, it's inherently inferior. Begs the question of his thoughts on Clone Wars specifically, given how much involvement Lucas had with that day-to-day

But then is the question becomes if he’s primarily a purist towards the movies, and not so much the external media.

Going down that rabbit hole will drive you insane.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I suspect the real answer is that he jumped on the TLJ Sucks bandwagon because it was trendy with his social media/streaming following, and then backpedaled to the "Lucasian purist" stance to try not to lose anyone else out of his personal fan base. Cause for all his talk about how it's everything non-Lucas he dislikes...TLJ was the only specific project he called out, and he took weird swipes at Rian Johnson in particular.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Maybe he didn't like it for spergy fan and film nerd reasons but didn't want to be lumped in with the people who didn't like it for sexist and racist reasons.

Both groups are, of course, wrong, because it's good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Jedi Temple Challenge is cute and wholesome for sure...but part of the charm of the old Nickelodeon game shows was seeing "kids like you" winning a Yamaha keyboard or a trip to space camp. The lack of prizes or anything kinda makes the whole thing feel really low stakes

E: the credits mention hasbro and Lego providing prizes, so maybe they are playing for merch and the production crew just elected to excise that part of the show from the finished product.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 11, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHt4z4dbaCk

One step closer to an anime opening for ESB

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay catching up on clone wars s7 and those last 4 eps were really good, hope someone cuts that into just a single movie eventually. that maul/ahsoka fight on mandalore was great, really liked the tension of the score only segment that opens ep 11, and that closing scene was :discourse:

only thing i didnt like that much was the false moral choice in ep 12 over killing the clones to get to the shuttle when the fuckin cruiser was 2 minutes away from crashing into the planet anyways lol

also it is in fact because im hugely biased, but im glad that even though it wove in what was happening in rots it was very firmly ahsoka's show the whole way through

e:
https://twitter.com/itscalramsey/status/1271662527219458050?s=20

site fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 13, 2020

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
RIP Star Wars Celebration 2020. They FINALLY announced it was cancelled. Next one is August 2022 in Anaheim again.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Clone Wars spin off series actually being a thing this time around?

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/06/rumor-star-wars-the-clone-wars-spin-off-series.html

I know they made at least one attempt at back door pilot during the shows run with that Younglings arc.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Teek posted:

Clone Wars spin off series actually being a thing this time around?

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/06/rumor-star-wars-the-clone-wars-spin-off-series.html

I know they made at least one attempt at back door pilot during the shows run with that Younglings arc.

The Bad Batch was a good little story arc, not sure how interested I'd be in an entire series about them though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Bad Batch sucked, I could not care less about them in their own debut arc, much less a series they lead.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

There's a 14 year gap between the end of The Clone Wars and Rebels. I'd be down for a show that gives a look into the rise of the Inquisitors hunting fugitive Jedi.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

teagone posted:

There's a 14 year gap between the end of The Clone Wars and Rebels. I'd be down for a show that gives a look into the rise of the Inquisitors hunting fugitive Jedi.

And not just that, but the insinuation of what we might think of as "modern" Imperials into the fabric of the former Republic. (This is my preferred Star Wars RPG campaign setting.)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

teagone posted:

The Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comics went into that and its really good

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dunno' how big of a role she is going to play, but Hera was in the trailer for the new Star Wars: Squadrons ship combat game. I don't think the trailer is up yet, as it was on a livestream.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Veotax posted:

Dunno' how big of a role she is going to play, but Hera was in the trailer for the new Star Wars: Squadrons ship combat game. I don't think the trailer is up yet, as it was on a livestream.

The trailer was posted on Monday. The campaign has you switching back and forth between Rebels on Empire. Looks like your Squadron is part of Hera’s fleet, on the Rebel side.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We got a (not quite) "gameplay" trailer (more of a "here's what to expect"), and it looks like Hera's going to be mission control for the New Republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCcfJ9uEwvs

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Rae Sloane from the novels also got a lil cameo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vinylshadow posted:

The Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comics went into that and its really good

Really hitting that Dark Forces colon vibe.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Really hitting that Dark Forces colon vibe.

Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Kart Barfunkel posted:

First round: Boom de gasser.

Second round: Crashen de boss’ heyblibber.

So do we think the heyblibber is a vehicle, or a party or what?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

So do we think the heyblibber is a vehicle, or a party or what?

You know, I always thought it was some kind of luxury vehicle, but in the context of the line, I'm actually veering towards party.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I think it was a vehicle, and maybe Jar Jar was some kinda chauffeur or valet at some point.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

From wookieepedia:

quote:

The heyblibber was a model of submarine used by the Gungans. Boss Rugor Nass, the leader of the Gungan High Council, owned a heyblibber until Jar Jar Binks crashed the prized submarine, after which Nass ejected the clusmy Gungan from Otoh Gunga and enacted the "nocombackie law," which threatened Binks with pain of being pounded to death should he ever return.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

teagone posted:

From wookieepedia:

Death by snoo snoo

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

A rumored smallish Clone Wars tie in for Squadrons (which they seem to be going the extra mile for?):

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/06/star-wars-squadrons-clone-wars-character.html

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I really hope Squadrons kicks rear end, I still have fond memories of Rogue Squadron on N64. I'm eager to see what they can pull off with modern tech and the advances that have been made in designing air combat/spacefighter combat sims.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I miss my Gravis Phoenix and my Saitek X-36 HOTAS setup.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Excellent choice for Thrawn.

No.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Aphra audio book cast revealed:

https://www.starwars.com/news/sarah-kuhn-talks-doctor-aphra-an-audiobook-original

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

What is this fan obsession with Aphra?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

thelaughingman posted:

She's Indiana Jones / Malcom Reynolds / Star Lord / Han Solo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

thelaughingman posted:

her comic run is one of the best ones plus shes a gay asian lady that is an evil indiana jones. People are right to be excited for Aphra. She owns unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Jonathan Davis has been one of my favorite narrators for, drat, two decades? Pretty drat close, at least.

He does a great reading of Snow Crash.