Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Disney is too cowardly to bring up the bugsluts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

Wow don't bugshame

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 29, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Luke couldn’t stop bug chasing

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sash! posted:

I know we're knee deep with Thrawn, but I'll be incredibly disappointed if Andor doesn't have a dinner party at Mon Mothma's where the Emperor himself shows up.

Twould be a shame to have thrawn a dinner party if nobody showed

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

Kesper North posted:

Twould be a shame to have thrawn a dinner party if nobody showed

Dark Eatings, everyone

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Marsupial Ape posted:

Star Wars needs more show runners that have had their brain broken by the EU to at least the degree Filoni has, but be diverse both in personal background and the sector of the EU that broke them.

Regardless of color, gender, or creed, somebody out there has some important things to say about “Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure”, and I legitimately want to hear them.

I bet Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost could have whipped up an awesome Caravan of Courage movie

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Stegosnaurlax posted:

I bet Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost could have whipped up an awesome Caravan of Courage movie

Marge Simpson grumble

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Star Wars TV Megathread: yeah everyone remembers the bug orgies

Surely the Ahsoka finale will eventually give us a new title anyway. (THIRTEEN! :smith:)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm still fond of Dave Filoni needs to be C1-10PPED

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Marsupial Ape posted:

Regardless of color, gender, or creed, somebody out there has some important things to say about “Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure”, and I legitimately want to hear them.

Wasn't the witch Charal in the second Ewok movie retconned as a Nightsister at some point? There's a story to be told there.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I don’t care who you are, I just need you to be emotionally stunted by the EU to be a Star Wars head writer. That is my only gatekeeping on the subject.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vinylshadow posted:

I'm still fond of Dave Filoni needs to be C1-10PPED

That is dope AF, and I can't share it because all my friends are waiting to binge when it's done.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"It's over Anakin, Grogu has the high ground."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sash! posted:

I know we're knee deep with Thrawn, but I'll be incredibly disappointed if Andor doesn't have a dinner party at Mon Mothma's where the Emperor himself shows up.

Still think every so often of somebody suggesting in season 1 that a fat, corrupted by luxury Jar Jar Binks be at one of Mon Mothma's husband's dinner parties, still none the wiser of the damage he caused in his utterly sincere attempt to save lives by recommending full dictatorial powers to Palpatine.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love the idea of everyone being in their formal best and then Palpatine shows up wearing his good ol' spooky black cloak (his other spooky black cloak was in the wash)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jerusalem posted:

Still think every so often of somebody suggesting in season 1 that a fat, corrupted by luxury Jar Jar Binks be at one of Mon Mothma's husband's dinner parties, still none the wiser of the damage he caused in his utterly sincere attempt to save lives by recommending full dictatorial powers to Palpatine.

Honestly I sincerely want Jar Jar Binks to turn up in a post-OT series, just to see what they'd do with him under non-Lucas writing.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
There needs to be a sitcom series set right after Palps kills all the Jedi and takes over the Senate, but he still needs to feign some form of political decorum, still attending state dinners, government functions and community question and answer sessions, despite being an evil cackling goblin.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Marsupial Ape posted:

Marge Simpson grumble

If you don't want Nick Frost as Gorax, i can't fix you.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

"It's over Anakin, Grogu has the high ground."

I cant help but wonder what HC's financial situation is like.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Better than mine, i guarantee you that

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Wife was playing lego SW last night and one of the characters had like a...lightsaber axe..thing? Is that rooted in canon at all? I'm just imagining the next Jedi game where there are a bunch of new types of weapons like polearms and axes, or even some kind of electrified maces.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

codo27 posted:

Wife was playing lego SW last night and one of the characters had like a...lightsaber axe..thing? Is that rooted in canon at all? I'm just imagining the next Jedi game where there are a bunch of new types of weapons like polearms and axes, or even some kind of electrified maces.

The ST has a bunch of them. Fin almost gets his head lopped off by one in tlj

McGann
May 18, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The what books? :suspense:

Oh my, we have been away from the old thread title long enough for this question to be asked.

Tldr, there is a bug orgy in one of the series before the NJO. I haven't read it, can't recall if it's part of Black Fleet or so otherwise - someone is gonna have to clarify for me

Edit whoops, beaten because I didn't refresh my app.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

As more and more EU gets recanonized I shall wait eagerly for a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford to gently caress a otter person.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Owlbear Camus posted:

As more and more EU gets recanonized I shall wait eagerly for a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford to gently caress a otter person.

Han Solo fought an otter person, Corran Horn is the one who hosed one.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I don't think the Jedi Academy trilogy is anywhere near the worst the EU has to offer but that says more about the EU than about them.

Yeah, it's definitely bad, but it's not Children of the Jedi, The Crystal Star, or Dark Nest trilogy bad. And I could list others.

Vinylshadow posted:

I love the idea of everyone being in their formal best and then Palpatine shows up wearing his good ol' spooky black cloak (his other spooky black cloak was in the wash)

This was an incredible moment in Bad Batch, and Andor could use Palpatine in a similar way. I don't want to really get into spoilers in case someone wants to watch it, but near the end of an episode, the Senate floor opens up, ole' Sheev comes up out of the ground and everyone shuts the gently caress up, he makes a speech and goes away again, and the episode is turned on its head.

Everyone knows that Palpatine is there in the Star Wars galaxy, in the background, rarely actually showing up. But when he does, it's a big loving deal.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

CHOO! CHOO!
TANKIE COMIN THRU!

How many black robes do you think he owns? Do you think anyone's tried to get him to change up his look? Maybe try something like this?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

How many black robes do you think he owns? Do you think anyone's tried to get him to change up his look?

Common misconception, he only has two robes, one black one, one red one. He just uses the Force to keep them constantly clean. It's one of those "unnatural" Dark Side abilities.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just rewatched the first episode of the Narkina V arc of Andor last night, and I really enjoyed the senate get together scene where the wealthy class were all just talking about how he's such an eccentric character.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's definitely bad, but it's not Children of the Jedi, The Crystal Star, or Dark Nest trilogy bad. And I could list others.

This was an incredible moment in Bad Batch, and Andor could use Palpatine in a similar way. I don't want to really get into spoilers in case someone wants to watch it, but near the end of an episode, the Senate floor opens up, ole' Sheev comes up out of the ground and everyone shuts the gently caress up, he makes a speech and goes away again, and the episode is turned on its head.

Everyone knows that Palpatine is there in the Star Wars galaxy, in the background, rarely actually showing up. But when he does, it's a big loving deal.

Yeah, that was amazing. I wouldn't mind him showing up in Andor once in a similar manner where Mon finally has some excellent government statement to make that makes some headway and then...he shows up and interrupts and then leaves.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Arc Light posted:

As a child, I was able to at least power through most of the New Jedi Order series, but when they got to the bugfucker books, 13 year old me knew I had to draw the line and read stuff that wasn't complete trash.

I was so hyped to be going to Alderaan in the Old Republic MMO which was ruined by a sizeable amount of the story concerning the bug people, who are apparently native to the planet.

Empire did no wrong.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The idea of the Imperial capital being an ecumenopolis goes back to Lucas' OT drafts, most notably as Had Abadon in RotJ, and Ralph McQuarrie's concept art had already nailed down some of the look.

They actually wholesale reused the first image for an Andor episode didn't they?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Mon is still very naive about what the rebellion requires, unlike Luthen and the greatness that is Saw. The only thing I want to see about her is how she goes from that to 'Yeah man lets blow up millions of people on a space station' and other horrors of running a rebellion. Time to get your hands dirty and send people to their deaths and to be a terrorist cell organizer Mon.

And where is my Cinta action figure Hasbro? And dont give her some lame rear end space computer crap she needs her imp-shank accessory.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dessel posted:

They actually wholesale reused the first image for an Andor episode didn't they?

It was the season 3 episode of Mandalorian about Dr. Pershing. A lot of stuff in Mandalorian and the TV shows in general (And Clone Wars/Rebels before them) took stuff from old Ralph McQuarrie concept art.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blackchamber posted:

Mon is still very naive about what the rebellion requires, unlike Luthen and the greatness that is Saw. The only thing I want to see about her is how she goes from that to 'Yeah man lets blow up millions of people on a space station' and other horrors of running a rebellion. Time to get your hands dirty and send people to their deaths and to be a terrorist cell organizer Mon.

And where is my Cinta action figure Hasbro? And dont give her some lame rear end space computer crap she needs her imp-shank accessory.

It was when a bunch of people peacefully protested on Ghorman and the Empire just killed them all, when she decided to switch over entirely to running a rebellion. The episode where she decided to unite the factions and come out against the Empire is in Rebels.

It would be right with the themes and tone of Andor if it actually shows the Ghorman rebellion and her reaction and I kind of expect it (In Rebels, Hera, etc. smuggled Mon away after she had denounced the Empire and were there when she united the Rebels, but we don't see her immediate reaction, etc.)

Darko fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 26, 2023

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Darko posted:

It was when a bunch of people peacefully protested on Ghorman and the Empire just killed them all, when she decided to switch over entirely to running a rebellion.

Yeah but I want to see the change in her told on the show in live action. I know they are slowly working on it but I'm hoping they go all the way before Andor ends. I would love to see her and Saw together like we got with Luthen and Saw when they left that other cell to dry. I think Clone Wars and Rebels did a good job showing the horrors of war, but I think they have an opportunity to show that its horror at every level cause war is poo poo.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If Andor S2 is covering the entire period between S1 and Rogue One then we should see a lot of change in Mon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah, I super bet a key arc of Andor S2 is gonna be the Ghorman Massacre.

They were dropping a ton of hints and references to it in S1.

Like it wouldn't shock me if that is like Andor and Luthen were on the ground there, and that is where Luthen Falls, and Mon ends up taking the reigns of the Rebellion.

Another Arc is probably the arc that puts Mon and Saw at odds with each other. And what causes Saw to be on the outs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently Andor S2 is also going to be the last one so it’d make sense for them to go out with a bang anyway

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Common misconception, he only has two robes, one black one, one red one. He just uses the Force to keep them constantly clean. It's one of those "unnatural" Dark Side abilities.

The real story finally comes out:

“What’s wrong, Anakin?”
“My robes are stained and I still have some sand in them from being on Tatooine.”
“You know, there’s a way to use the Force to get out stains and sand.”
“Really? I can learn to use the Force to launder my clothing?”
“Not from a Jedi.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

How many black robes do you think he owns? Do you think anyone's tried to get him to change up his look? Maybe try something like this?

I always wondered what those dudes deal was, I can't possibly imagine him wanting or needing folks like that around him. Like what do they do, shoot the breeze talking about the ball game?

Sure, I know that Sly and the fat dude were ride or die Senate buds but these freaks?