Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I am conflicted because Jedi are my least favourite part of Star Wars, but Carrie Ann Moss kicking rear end as a Jedi is something I would like to see.

I'm guessing she dies to the assassin so maybe I'll just watch that ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

Toplowtech posted:

It's because pointless culture warfare controversies are what generates views and therefore money. It's what's up with people. Just a "WOKE!!!!!!!" in a red font in your video thumbnail and watch your viewership triple. Thank you, social media algorithms.

Depressing really.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Owlbear Camus posted:

https://jefesairsoftsolutions.com/products/fate-s-grasp-gcw

My fiance is mostly going to hang out in the non-shooty zones as a nighsister witch. She has a badass costume but we're looking for some background touchstones for her character.

Ooooh, that does look interesting. The LARP I was in went the literal inverse direction, instead of 2-3 days once a year with blasters, it was every friday night (holidays or hurricanes bedamned) with lightsabers. But damned if that's not a tempting idea.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Thought Omega was going to somehow find a Dark Side Cave in a random cavern on Pabu

So glad I was wrong on that front for a change

Wonder where they'll put Ventress's resurrection, because that's a very interesting story in and of itself

"I've still got a few lives left."

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I felt like this episode was just a bit too coy in withholding any sort of answers from the audience. Is Omega actually Force-sensitive? Who knows! What's Ventress's deal? I don't know!

The vibes in this one were very much "we need to introduce first-time viewers to Ventress" rather than actually progressing the story.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well I didn’t expect Ventress to show up in quite this capacity (I’m hoping they don’t make Omega a Jedi or anything seeing as we only have 6 episodes left in the whole show but her potentially being force sensitive was kind of hinted at from the beginning), though hopefully they’ll explain a bit more about her as things progress. She seems slightly less hostile than she was in the trailer anyway

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

:allears:
God bless these (rightfully paranoid/protective) dads

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ventress :swoon:

i hope the " still got a few lives left" line means they're retconning her stupid death

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

site posted:

i hope the " still got a few lives left" line means they're retconning her stupid death

I never read it but from what I hear the book was terrible but easily ignored/retconned so one would hope anyway

As I said, the trailer made her out to be a bit more antagonistic towards the group but we’ve still got 6 episodes left and haven’t even gotten to the scene in question yet

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

site posted:

They've said this takes place after that book, but it's still "canon", so I guess she officially didn't die in the book now.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Larryb posted:

I never read it but from what I hear the book was terrible but easily ignored/retconned so one would hope anyway

As I said, the trailer made her out to be a bit more antagonistic towards the group but we’ve still got 6 episodes left and haven’t even gotten to the scene in question yet

It was a really bad book. Nothing is lost if it gets erased.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Ventress looks weird with hair

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Kesper North posted:

I'm interpreting this in the manner of an "X died with COVID" statement.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://x.com/starwars/status/1773006635742666969?s=46&t=_t3R3O4inwGCyXxW88QslQ

edit: Oh good lord, happy 20 year forum’s anniversary to me. I’m getting too old.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is her name Ventress because she puts vents in people with her lightsaber

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

https://x.com/starwars/status/1773006635742666969?s=46&t=_t3R3O4inwGCyXxW88QslQ

edit: Oh good lord, happy 20 year forum’s anniversary to me. I’m getting too old.

So future content = not in this series then

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am genuinely curious how she got a yellow lightsaber. Did she do some repenting, or did she just yank it off a dead jedi?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

swickles posted:

I am genuinely curious how she got a yellow lightsaber. Did she do some repenting, or did she just yank it off a dead jedi?

Found it on the black market after Bariss took hers

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Vinylshadow posted:

Found it on the black market after Bariss took hers

Well thats like the most boring answer possible....

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Larryb posted:

So future content = not in this series then

That's how I read it. So she's going to be a major part of the next animated show - whether that's hidden path or not.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe it's the speaking style but Omega is my favourite voice on the show. I know DBB deserves the most praise but it seems like almost everyone on this show except Omega speaks in a slow, stilted, and deliberate way. I don't need Gilmore Girls characters or anything but sometimes I find myself checking my watch in the middle of a character's sentence.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is her name Ventress because she puts vents in people with her lightsaber

Or she vents her frustrations a lot. She's a ranter.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I enjoyed that. I've liked Ventress as a character since she was introduced, and this is an interesting take on her as an older, if not necessarily wiser person. Also, I like the hair, it's a good look for her.

Omega has obviously been special somehow since she was introduced. They've spent half this season making that obvious as a plot-point-to-be, but I'd say we're noticeably closer now. Let's see how it plays out.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The actual, boring answer:

Wookieepedia posted:

The name "Ventress" was suggested by Samuel C. Spitale, naming her after the town of Ventress in the state of Louisiana because it reminded him of "the voodoo queen" Marie Laveau. Her first name, "Asajj," was proposed by Leland Chee after the character Asaji (浅茅) from Akira Kurosawa's 1957 film Throne of Blood, in turn based on William Shakespeare's Lady Macbeth from the seventeenth-century play Macbeth.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kesper North posted:

and pupils

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Madurai posted:

and pupils

Yeah, she'd make a crappy teacher.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Kesper North posted:

She looks great.

I took the "still got a few lives left" line a few different ways: Straight up nightsister shenanigans; But also she's already lived a few different lives between being a nightsister, jedi-adjacent, sith-adjacent, assassin, bounty hunter, etc; And she seems totally cat coded. Great line.

And she's neither jedi nor sith, so of course she gets a yellow sabre now.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
her name comes from the fact that it's 'adventurous' to have a female villain in star wars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remind me, was Ventress Dooku's apprentice? The one that Palpatine said,"Hey you know what would be cool? If you killed your apprentice?" and then like a day later Palpatine was all,"Holy poo poo he actually tried to do it? :laugh:"?

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Jerusalem posted:

Remind me, was Ventress Dooku's apprentice? The one that Palpatine said,"Hey you know what would be cool? If you killed your apprentice?" and then like a day later Palpatine was all,"Holy poo poo he actually tried to do it? :laugh:"?

Yeah, and she was big mad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's right, she went and got a couple of cousins and they went to Dooku's place and wrecked up the joint to teach him a lesson, right? Then found Maul but Tall (Taul) who eventually became best buds with Maul, then Palpatine showed up again and went,"Nice crime empire you're got here, be a shame if it was to... burn down..."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Palpatine cutting loose in The Lawless was, and still is, absolutely amazing :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaVYu0LPsSU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like it when he drags his sabres along the ground.

Ultimate rizz.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The water effects in this show are incredible. This show has the best artistic direction of anything on TV.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/the-harbinger-episode-guide

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Vinylshadow posted:

Thought Omega was going to somehow find a Dark Side Cave in a random cavern on Pabu

So glad I was wrong on that front for a change

Wonder where they'll put Ventress's resurrection, because that's a very interesting story in and of itself

"I've still got a few lives left."

She found a witch in a cave, so it still tracks pretty well. Chasing a runaway pet to a cave with a witch in it is some pretty Call To Adventure poo poo.

I was skeptical of Omega as a character in the first half of the first season, but I'm now invested in seeing what kind of cool direction she eventually matures into it. It will be a goddam travesty if we never see adult Omega in the Mando-verse, telling everybody to fuckin' act right.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ventress's second lightsaber was used for the cover of Dark Disciple and made its animated debut as the other half of Maul's lightsaber in Siege of Mandalore

So I wonder if the two of them met between DD and SoM; maybe Ventress bungled a mission for Crimson Dawn and Maul tried to eliminate her, but she got away and got a third saber

Hence her 'many lives' line

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Maybe she got rescued the same timey-wimey way Ahsoka did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

It will be a goddam travesty if we never see adult Omega in the Mando-verse, telling everybody to fuckin' act right.

Dave Filoni I do ask for much, but if we don't get Frankie Adams and Temuera Morrison flying around the galaxy having adventures then you are a coward and a fool!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Jerusalem posted:

Dave Filoni I do ask for much, but if we don't get Frankie Adams and Temuera Morrison flying around the galaxy having adventures then you are a coward and a fool!

And Daniel Logan deserves at least like a walk on roll, at this point. He's a good lookin' guy. Say he's the son of a clone or something. It should be a thing that the children of clones want to hug Boba Fett for nostalgia reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I could really do with some Andor Season 2 right now.