Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thelaughingman posted:

What is this fan obsession with Aphra?

She's a great character? Same reason people are obsessed with Obi-Wan, or Vader, or Ben Solo, or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

thelaughingman posted:

What is this fan obsession with Aphra?

She's one of the most interesting and most fun characters that the Star Wars franchise has to offer. Her intrinsic characteristics also tend to have her end up in some wild stories that explore parts of the Star Wars universe that have never been seen before.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Aphra... Good!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Aphra constantly getting out of encounters and spots she shouldn't be able to gets a little grating after a while, but everything else about her series is great

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Okay, I’m down with all of that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm a 90s kid so I'm gonna choose to believe that's Jonathan Davis from korn

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vinylshadow posted:

Aphra constantly getting out of encounters and spots she shouldn't be able to gets a little grating after a while, but everything else about her series is great

The important thing about Aphra IMO is: She creates almost all of her own trouble due to her character flaws, and while she survives she very rarely wins 100% like a normal protagonist would. Also she tends to sac her acquaintances alot.

I like it, her story is going to continue on so she has to win, so I enjoy the various ways she "wins".

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jerkface posted:

The important thing about Aphra IMO is: She creates almost all of her own trouble due to her character flaws, and while she survives she very rarely wins 100% like a normal protagonist would. Also she tends to sac her acquaintances alot.

I like it, her story is going to continue on so she has to win, so I enjoy the various ways she "wins".

She basically "wins" by loving people over. It's great :haw:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Triple Zero and BT are great, from when I saw her in one of the Vader comics. Think Bender-level disregard/disdain for human life, stuff it in a protocol droid, and let it rip upon an unsuspecting galaxy. Violence and comedy are both guaranteed!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To be honest I'd rather see an Aphra and Vader buddy cop series where he constantly threatens to kill her while she gets away with bullshit amounts of luck rather than read through that comic where a nurse falls in love with Vader again.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Triple Zero loudly announcing that he absolutely has NOT created an army of blood-sucking, force-wielding killer robots, why would you think that is still one of my favourite scenes from the comics

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mine was after they burned a bunch of aliens to death on Geonosis, he was sad that he had no witty quip for the occasion...before just announcing “HAHAHA YOURE ALL ON FIRE, AND ALSO DEAD”

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

site posted:

I'm a 90s kid so I'm gonna choose to believe that's Jonathan Davis from korn

If you think you beat someone to this post, someone who was reading through other people's posts hoping no one had made reference to this fact so he could make this dumb joke, only to then come across your post and say out loud, "God dammit", you'd be correct.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

thrawn527 posted:

If you think you beat someone to this post, someone who was reading through other people's posts hoping no one had made reference to this fact so he could make this dumb joke, only to then come across your post and say out loud, "God dammit", you'd be correct.

THЯAWN was still up for grabs.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E: nm fake account

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Triple Zero and BT are great, from when I saw her in one of the Vader comics. Think Bender-level disregard/disdain for human life, stuff it in a protocol droid, and let it rip upon an unsuspecting galaxy. Violence and comedy are both guaranteed!

Triple Zero is just Creepio from the Auralnauts videos and it rules.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I want canon Fartoo.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lmao they shot a Mando music video in the Volume, I love it

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1281332597830742016?s=20

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cross-Section posted:

I kinda love this, but it also made me very aware of how much I miss new weekly Star Wars.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I kinda love this, but it also made me very aware of how much I miss new weekly Star Wars.

Well, with Cassian, Mando S2, Kenobi, and a 4th unknown show all in various stages of development, hopefully we won't have long to wait before it's back

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cross-Section posted:

God that theme is perfect.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

jivjov posted:

Well, with Cassian, Mando S2, Kenobi, and a 4th unknown show all in various stages of development, hopefully we won't have long to wait before it's back

Only Mando S2 is confirmed for this year though, and both Cassian and Kenobi have had big production delays. I want a star war now, damnit.

Anyone know what the woodwind in that video is? It looks like a recorder and a bassoon had a lovechild.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Close, It's a bass recorder, they talk about it a little in the Gallery episode dedicated to the show's music.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rewatched some TCW and Rebels episodes, and they're still great ways to pass days in isolation

Love how Rebels was a completely different show when it first started, and watching the animators go through the same growing pains as TCW all over again - like smiles looking really awkward in early episodes

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1282710809446158338?s=21

Booooooooooo :argh:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Bad Batch as post-CW mercenaries? I can dig it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Well. paired with the Ahsoka/Sabine rumor that has gone along with this one panning out, I have to question what that means for the rumored Aphra series. I thought there were just two series in the pipeline, not sure there's room for three.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Blech, I couldn’t wait until those episodes were over with.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Same, but I don't think because they were particularly bad, just that I wanted them to just get to the Ahsoka stuff already.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Bad Batch Republic Commandos were cool and good.

Ya'll trippin.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
And they already have a cool theme!

https://youtu.be/sjKjkVmB2Ag

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
My only real concern is that it's the same writer from Resistance, which was very, very not good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'd have much preferred an Ahsoka/Rex-centric Clone Wars spinoff.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

Same, but I don't think because they were particularly bad, just that I wanted them to just get to the Ahsoka stuff already.

The dudes who originally leaked this mentioned a Rebels sequel in the same report, but they're now saying the announcement for that series has been moved to post-Mando S2 :(

Anyway there's some good storytelling potential in the post-ROTS setting, but I'm guessing this is going to be more of a lighter "Star Wars A-Team" sort of show, given the writer.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I wasn't a huge fan of the story arc with the bad batch, but I loving loved the squad itself.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The A-Team in the Star Wars universe? Yes, please!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wrecker is gonna pity a lot of fools :getin:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally, a show we deserve

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I guess it's too much to hope for that they never had the chips removed, and that it's all about them going around mopping up Jedi holdouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Looking forward to potential episodes involving Gregor and 99 hopefully. More clones is never a bad thing.