Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I would lean over the contact being Rex over Ashoka. In the canon Ashoka novel at this time she is in hiding and doing her own thing and eventually gets her new lightsabers before joining back up with the what will become the Rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

And whatever happened to that Hondo guy from Clone Wars?!?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Outside of anyone who killed a Death Star, Chopper might have the largest body count in Star Wars.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

The problem with putting this list in the OP is that people tend to disagree on it. Like, is this a clone specific list?

Anita Dickinme posted:

Domino Squad/meaningful Clone episodes

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

When I first saw her, I kind of thought that Omega looked and dressed like Mon Mothma. My wild theory is that is who she grows up to be.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh I thought we only see her in Rebels, which would work time wise. When was she in Clone Wars?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I honestly don't know why he hasn't, unless its simply because he would rather to do serial story telling that TV offers over movies.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Larryb posted:

So they’re neither using her voice actress nor the woman who played her in The Mandalorian for this? Seems odd but it could work.

At what point in the series is the Ahsoka show meant to take place?

What? Rosario Dawson is playing Ahsoka, which is who played her in The Mandalorian. The other character hasn't appeared in live action yet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I mean, he's not wrong! I do not know!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So I was wrong about my "all droid" cast prediction.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So far we have had two bounty hunters show up, so its only a matter of time until we get a teenage or near fully grown Boba right?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bismuth posted:

He's 13 right now

We know they have accelerated aging, although its not clear whether it is passive or requires some combination of medicine and technology.

Edit: also we have no idea how long its been since we last saw him and the time now, its not like the Clone Wars was a year long thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Do we have a canon timeline for how long the Clone Wars were, and when in them we last saw Boba? He could easily be 18 or older now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kill the Batman.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

jassa posted:

Hey I was wondering, is it ever made clear why Vader stopped using Inquisitors (in the Disney canon) ? I don't think we see any after Rebels S2 but I don't remember it being addressed outright in the Filoni shows.

Eh, there are plenty of ways for Omega to survive whatever the Kaminoans have planned for her. I doubt they're going to kill off the kid character.

If we're speculating about end of series deaths, I could see it going two ways - either Hunter & Omega survive (with the rest of the BB sacrificing themselves for them) or Hunter sacrifices himself for the others and charges them with keeping Omega safe in the distant outskirts of the galaxy.

I don't see Omega ending up alone at the end of the series though. Not unless this ends up with multiple seasons like Rebels, and she ages up a fair bit.

In Rebels, the Inquisitors kept getting beaten by either Ezra and Kanaan, or outright embarassed by Ahsoka. Plus, after that Thrawn came along and it was less about Jedi hunting and more about crushing the overall rebellion, so Inquisitors were still probably in use against smaller, solo threats.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

tribbledirigible posted:

A stolen tank doesn't have to be fast if only another tank can bring it down.

But Filoni and Co. do tank battles well. Like that episode of Rebels which pitched an aging AT-TE against 3 AT-ATs in a sandstorm.

I also really like the Clone Wars episode where Anakin took a tank battalion out on a ship to help broadside another ship in a space battle.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

I kinda wish he'd given it a miss in this case. The Star Wars universe is small enough as it is for the way it's supposed to span a galaxy. (Though I think the worst offender is how Yoda is hanging out with Chewbacca in the last prequel movie.)

On the other hand, if he wants to show Hera and the rest of the crew of the Ghost at some point, that would be OK with me.

I disagree. Unlike the Yoda/Chewie thing, this connection was earned. We saw in Rebels all the relationships getting established and knew Hera's dad was a leader of the people, that the political appointee hated him, and they were big players in the goings on with Ryloth. If you haven't seen Rebels, sure its a little out of left field, but I am also assuming some follow up episodes that loops the bad batch in more. It would be weird if all of the sudden Zeb showed up as a bounty hunter or something, but I felt like they had invested enough into the story that it didn't feel shoehorned in. I felt running into the Martez sisters was a little much but was fine with this. I swear to god if R2 shows up anywhere though I am gonna have a fit. (You know he is going to show up at some point, even if in the background.)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I wonder if Ventress will show up anywhere. She is still alive right? I could see her being either anti or pro Empire, depending on if she figures out Palpatine was really behind her people getting wiped out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

Maybe we'll finally learn what the deal was with Sifo-Dyas. Still waiting on the return of D-Force, too.

Sifo was found dead on an icy planet from a ship crash, finding him is what prompted Yoda to go on a vision quest and learn how to manifest post death from Quigon Jinn.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

CaptainCrunch posted:

Name seems familiar, quick google and…

:hmmyes:

It only only makes sense if she has the Wrecker mutation. Bobbie on the Expanse is basically Wrecker in power armor.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We anthropomorphize everything, cars and ships are usually referred to as she's. Hell we evem do it with intangible concepts like Father Time, Mother Nature/Earth, etc.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I have watched the first three so far. The Duel was my favorite so far, but want to know more about the protagonist. is he actually a Sith? Why doesn't he have white crystals (Sith sabers that are used to wrong a murder are supposed to turn white)? I just generally want to see more, that could be a cool story.

The Twins one was just ok, I know its anime/star wars/the force nonsense, but for some reason I was really taken out of it with them fighting in space and breathing hard..

Tatooine Rhapsody was cute and fun as a one off. My nephew will love that one for sure. I think some of us are judging these through the prism of adults vs. kids when watching them. Like a 10 year old probably won't be enthralled by The Duel but will love Tatooine Rhapsody. And thats wonderful, I like that there are more targeted episodes rather than trying to make every episode accessible for every age, allows for more varied story telling and creativity.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Tatooine Rhapsody would make for a fun whacky "crew getting into hijinks" series, but I think you'd want to make sure you have music for almost every episode.

After watching that my first thought was that could be a fun show if they got someone to do the music like in Cowboy Bebop.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

What's frustrating is that if Disney is taking fan art and using it uncredited, it's loving ridiculous at the sheer amount of actual Star Wars concept art they've paid artists for and are just straight up throwing in the garbage because they like something someone else who wasn't paid by them came up with.

Disney, not paying artists? I have no thoughts or feelings on this...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Has anyone watched Terrifying Tales yet?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its been established that you come out of hyperspace lanes at varying distances from their "entrance/exit". Multiple times in Clone Wars and Rebels (and I think maybe once in Bad Batch?) there is a mission where they make a big deal about coming out and basically appearing right under a ship, avoiding detection instead at the natural egress. Its just known that its very dangerous and requires a level of precision even excellent pilots may not have. If the hyperspace skipping thing is just an extension of that, its believable in universe, just taken to its extreme.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Prodigy is good, I like that for a show aimed at kids they set up a lot of mystery without hitting you over the head with "we have got to solve this mystery?!?!"

Minor spoilers: what part of the galaxy are they in, we see Kazon and we hear him say he brings criminals from the Delta quandrant. How did the ship get there, who and what else are trying to get it, where did the protagonist come from, was he born on the prison world since no one recognizes his species, etc.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'd love to see the grown actor that played little Boba in ep2 to show up as Boba's 'grandson', ie, the descendent of a clone trooper. There's got to be clone progeny all over the galaxy. Huh...a group of mercs or bounty hunters comprised completely of clone descendants would be rad plot point and an excuse for Disney to hire a bunch of Pacific Islander actors.

Bad Batch: The Next Generation, followed closely by Dad Batch Nine, and Bad Batch: Voyager.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Can't wait to see Bob's Feet and Shannon Hand merc some dudes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mandrel posted:

the N1 might be small enough that it would fit in say, a Razor Crest with a modified cargo bay

he should've kept Gideon's cruiser, it would've been perfect. though I guess its probably too much ship for one dude to man

Also an Imperial remnant that would attract a A LOT of New Republic attention.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

What if Boba Fett used the force to talk to the sarlaac? Also, what if through the force Boba became a sarlaac and roamed the desert of Tatooine and devoured people and became the messiah of a new religion. We already have a spice connection established...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dave Syndrome posted:

Shand: "We need foot soldiers."
Din: "I might be able to help with that." (goes to recruit a bunch of crazy power-mad Jawas hopped up on Mudhorn egg juice who proceed to lay waste to the Pyke army in their metal as gently caress Krayt Dragon sandcrawler)

Ah, the things that could've been.

I kind of want to see a Mad Max: Tatooine movie now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

R2 is a war criminal

In a galaxy where Chopper exists, R2 is a small time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hazo posted:

I don't know why people were saying they didn't like his performance. I thought it was great-- just a pathetic, weirdly arrogant simp willing to bend over and take abuse from anyone if it'll keep him relevant. Like Space Ted Cruz.

I fully expected Boba's note to say "Please shoot the guy holding this."

Same, that or for him to go out, immediately get lit up by the Pykes, and for Boba to say "good, now we know where their snipers are" and set some tiny rockets after them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We actually have a fairly good accounting of Ashoka between RotS and Mando (well minus a couple year gap where she got yanked through time). It was implied at the end of Rebels, which would be right after Endor and line up with her actions on Mando/BoBF that she is currently on a quest to find Ezra Bridger, which I assuming given other casting news is what that show will actually be about.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

mutata posted:

Tudyk's run voicing nonverbal animals in Disney movies has inflated his asking price, no doubt.

Just have John DiMaggio voice K2 and Tudyk voice Bender. Problems solved.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Since the Empire took over, Just for Men is really hard to get on Tatooine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's kinda funny that now we have the implication that Obi Wan spent the best part of 20 years living on Tatooine with gently caress all to do yet couldn't ingratiate themselves with the Tusken Raiders such that they were still a direct threat to him and his charge, yet two bounty hunters in much less time managed to learn how to communicate, empathise and eventually ingratiate themselves

I think the whole thing is Obi Wan was laying super super low and minimizing his footprint for sake of Luke.

I als think this series will answer a lot of questions people have that they think are "gotcha!" moments like they are some radical plot holes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Looks like they did some serious scanning, but nothing like a CT which seems like a bad way to get what they wanted, and also an unnecessary radiation exposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

VaultAggie posted:

Reign of Fire is admittedly dogshit but I have a soft spot for it. Modern day soldiers vs dragons is such a neat twist on the usual dragon story, and the dragons themselves looked loving awesome.

I love the part where McConaughey regurgitates a whole cigar.