Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
as far as i remember maul bring a crime lord isn't explained in the cartoons either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Azhais posted:

Rebels talked about him being the despot in charge of Mandalore for a while, was there a timeframe given? I don't recall. Having some crime syndicate working for him at that point wouldn't be that crazy

that happened in the tail end of clone wars, he conspired with house vizla to take mandalore from obi wans gf and her pacifist council

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is that like a show, or a movie, i cant tell

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dunno if this is the right spot for it but those lego all-star shorts went up the other day

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg6R6yXKSLYDpP6J5LWs27F2Ow8Uysx5K

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well considering her acting was so bad in fast and furious i was happy when she died so i would never have to see her again, i hope it's no one important

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's lots of va in rogue leader

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks good to me

poo poo i bet the yoda/palpy and anakin/dooku fights might actually be watchable now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Good to see ig88 survived turning into the death star 2 right as it blew up

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't wait to get back to the one true star wars character

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl I've had this problem since the beginning and I've stuck it out hoping it'll get better, but i just got caught up on the last two episodes and i find myself not really caring about this show at all

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh huh for some reason i was under the impression that last week was the finale

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Would've rather have gotten that than resistance :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's how George Lucas would want it

Tbh having the only black woman on the show join the space fascists kinda pisses me off (and the way they just had kaz totally ignore the fact that the first order just blew up his home planet during the scene where she chooses to go, so the writers could get her on the ship, was just incredibly contrived), but at least the show as a whole picked up in those last few episodes

site fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 18, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does it, or would they be considered The Good Ones

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just skip to episode 17 or whatever it is where the plot finally starts moving lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'd gladly sacrifice everything on that assumed list for the ahsoka/Sabine show

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They're called the Star Wars

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I saw this thread had posts again and thought they actually announced something about season 2

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
funny but also a bummer arguably the best looking sw show thus far is apparently only going for 2 seasons and wont be making the leap to being part of lets called it the filoni verse

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol seconded

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there was definitely a lot of filler crap and having the one girl go first order was uhhhhhhh

hope they end up using that cg style for other projects tho, would be a shame to let it go to waste

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i cant say im a fan of having the only black woman on the show voluntarily join the fascist organization. if they had gone with someone else i wouldnt have cared so much but thats not a great look

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If youre watching for ahsoka you gotta start at the beginning with the clone wars movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that was a cool trailer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tessa thompson

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
something something forced diversity something something sjw agenda

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

tsob posted:

I imagine there's a good chance Ms. Marvel will be depicted as gay once that first step is taken too

this would indeed be an interesting direction worth exploring

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lucasfilm stop with these distractions and confirm the real gay ship already

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

tsob posted:

I'll be honest, it's not something I picked up on at all in the movie when I saw it; but I'm pretty dense when it comes to relationships in general, so I don't find that surprising. I did see a lot of people talking about that read on the characters after the film though, and looking back on it, it makes sense so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intention and they just weren't allowed to really lean in to it and instead had to keep it subtle. Maria Rambeau is certainly the closest the film came to giving Carol a love interest, and while I wouldn't be shocked if Disney decided to play her straight, there's enough there and enough people came to that conclusion that I also wouldn't be surprised if they went with the decision to portray her as gay either.

Oh lol, sorry the joke is ms marvel is a different character than captain marvel, so making her gay too in the mcu would be fun

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

High Lord Elbow posted:

Let’s get real. As soon as they make every character in every universe wall to wall gay y’all will start moaning about the lack of trans superjedis.

just gonna go ahead and save this in a quote before you realize how problematic it is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh, well, theres a button for that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gender dysphoria causes actual mental anguish and distress and isn't akin to cyberpunk transhumanism where you body mod yourself just because you feel like it at all and quite frankly those kinds of "im a dolphin" stuff that is meant to be amusing is used as transphobic dehumanization rhetoric

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rocksicles posted:

People have different types of dysphoria though. Regardless of the sci-fi bad humour, for some people it's not exactly inaccurate.

i'm not saying trans folk dont often want srs, personally i would like one day to be able to afford to do it. but playing up that sort of stuff is a common tactic used among transphobes. like, i dont really think ellis had attacking trans people in mind when he was writing transmetropolitan but in 2019 that sort of thing has devolved into transphobic "identifying as an attack helicopter type memes", and personally i think its better if cis people stay away from making such generalizations in the first place, or thinking its okay to do so even though they lack understanding of gender dysphoria and living as a trans person. even with good intentions if a cis person starts talking like that warning lights start flashing in my head to stay cautious

site fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 1, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh, see i didnt know that, thats a double yikes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rocksicles posted:

I'm not familiar with the book or the memes. But many people who aren't transphobic are still uncultured in in how it effects people, and how to discuss it without coming off as not ignorant from a lack of knowledge but ignorant from a lack of giving a gently caress. You could throw rock at a crowd and hit a person who doesn't know the difference between body dysphoria and gender dysphoria. Everyone deserves to be happy, we are all in this shithole together.

well, nazis dont, but yes...that's why when the poster asked...we explained. im uhhh, not really sure why youre quoting me and saying this

e: on the one hand i also envy not experiencing so much internet transphobia that you dont have familiarity with that type of transphobic language, but on the other so much of my trans community connections are from the internet. cutting that out would be a huge loss for me :/

site fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 1, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they shouldve made the movie about the droids rights rebellion instead

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
watch clone wars first, not just because its a very solid show, but also because rebels is basically a sequel show and heavily references it

site fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 14, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ben69solo/status/1195123955071369216?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

PantsOptional posted:

That doesn't work. It's too old for that. At fifty years old, given when this show takes place, it's as old as Anakin would be at this point. It's very slightly older than the clone army project on Kamino as well.

yodas race just has a lot of midiclorians by default or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
its been loving forever since ive watched either set, but werent the ewok films basically the willow films...just theyre ewoks instead of dwarves