Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

General Dog posted:

For maximum confusion, maybe Asuka is Sabine

"Hi guys! Today we're gonna take out a Star Destroyer and steal back the Darksaber - EZ PZ! Youkoso, let's get started!"

*glorious chaos and good times ensue*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I really liked Hauser and hope to see him again in better circumstances.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's strange, animated stuff rarely appeals to me (never watched any of the previous SW series) but despite very little ever really happening in this show, I keep tuning in week after week and have become terribly fond of the gang anyway. Plus I guess I just dig the whole small scale adventures during the awful Empire consolidation period thing, and seeing cool clone dudes like that Howzer guy last week. I dread to think what's going to happen to all those guys by the time it's all over.

One silly nerd question: other that To Sell Toys, why do the Dads keep on in their unique and distinctive armour? Wouldn't they - well, Wrickah! excepted - have an easier time keeping unnoticed dressed as regular clone troopers?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Cross-Section posted:

And then he guns down Hunter right in front of Omega, touching off her 2nd season training/revenge arc

Bonus points if they recreate this shot

Stop it! Hunter’s going to be fine, they’re all going to be fine.

:negative:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

tribbledirigible posted:

Fennec sounds like she was about to go all Oren Ishii on the guy that mouthed off and it cut just before the good part.

Same, I'll be surprised if that isn't exactly what happens next.

Gotta say, I'm super hype to see the galaxy's best pensioner power couple go to work, Tatooine could do with a break for a change.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I totally get where the criticisms are coming from, some shots had zero sense of depth to them at all, the fight scenes were kinda 'eh' and I'm not that interested in the post-Mando crime lord stuff. I do, however, really dig all the Sandpeople stuff, I find that much more interesting and looking forward to seeing more of it. In any case, a weak opening isn't the end of the world, hopefully things get better from here.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I always hated how nerds - and then I guess the encyclopaedia later - took every bit of dialogue so literally. When Jabba’s giving the 1000 years digestion speech, it came over to me as just some cold-blooded gangster poo poo to say to a motherfucker before he dropped his rear end down there. Like sure, maybe the Sarlacc has a slow digestion system and you are gonna suffer miserably in there slowly dissolving but come on, a week tops and you’re done.

But no, every Bothan’s gotta be a spy, and the Sarlacc has some kind of psychic poo poo going on to make you feel it for centuries.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

site posted:

also after this ep I'm convinced the badass Tusken turns about to be super hot and they fall in love and then she gets murdered, classic western tale like

I think you're right but really hope not because she owns so hard. But yeah, something presumably happens for him to leave a few years down the line.

Still don't care much about the 'present day' crime syndicate stuff (although it was better this ep) but absolutely loving the flashback stuff with the tribe. Not complaining but I was under the impression they are generally supposed to be hardcore technophobes though so wouldn't have expected them to go for Boba's idea.

It's also very nuts to me to see Matt Berry listed third on the cast for a frickin' Star Wars gig.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

pik_d posted:

That and the way Obi-Wan talks about them when they're originally introduced is a real bad look. A bounty hunter who was captured by them has a better understanding of them in weeks/months than a Jedi after presumably two decades of living in the same area? Makes him look like a racist old man.

Can you remind us what he said about them that's so bad? All I remember him saying is that travelling through their lands is not to be taken lightly, they ride single file, and that they can be spooked but will return with reinforcements. Nothing like they're all mindless savages who deserve to be put to the lightsabre or anything similar.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

pik_d posted:

The one thing that came to mind watching this episode was Obi-Wan saying the blaster fire was too accurate for sand people, as if they're incapable of doing something as well as a stormtrooper (lol). Maybe Boba's friends are just better shots because they absolutely nailed some of their shots.

Oh yeah, that's especially hilarious considering how legendarily poo poo Stormtroopers are. I just wondered if there was anything else particularly awful I was forgetting. His initial reactions to Jar-Jar and Anakin certainly suggest an air of smug superiority for sure.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BrianWilly posted:

Oh...I'm the only one who liked the Vespa gang, then. That's fine, that's fine...:saddowns:

No, not just you. They're utterly ridiculous but I love ridiculous. Give me all the pimped out Vespas with a top speed of leisurely amble per hour. Mint green and chrome and two dozen wing mirrors, stat. They felt very in keeping of George's well documented love of 50s/60s hotrod style racers, and it's doubly hilarious with the evil biker gang very much being more like a traditional Rocker bunch. The Book of Boba Fett building up to a Mods v Rockers face off, they should release it on a bank holiday imo.

I liked them, and the 'house guest' scene, and Danny showing up with a Good Boy but overall thought it was much weaker that last week's ep and I really hated the (not unexpected) reveal in the flashback. And generally speaking, Boba just comes over as hopelessly outmatched and far too weak to be a boss. It's like Michael Corleone trying to run New York with just Al Neary, Rocco, and a couple of mooks while everyone else has capos by the bucket load. Hopefully it's a long con but he just seems too outnumbered and decent for it of late.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Jfc Krrsantan is terrifying

IKR? I would not want to spill his pint.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Ballz posted:

I just want to know how a 9 foot tall wookie snuck into Boba’s chambers without a single person or droid noticing.

WHAT IF…47 had hair? Like a lot of hair?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having just finished Toast of Tinseltown, Toast's constant proclamations about starring in the "new Staaaar Wars moo-vie" go so absolutely perfectly with Matt's work on this show.

If they want a decent antagonist for Boba, they could do a lot worse than Ray Purchase.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Love love loved the not-Halo and that we finally get to see what happens when an ordinary, untrained Joe tries using a lightsabre (ie. they gently caress themselves up with it). Glad that the heavy weapon Mando survived, even they are a fundie arsehole. The T2 flashback owned, the Classic 'Car' Restoration owned, the episode in general owned even though it's completely disconnected from Boba's series and more a Mando Holiday Special that hasn't advanced the main plot at all. Also, lmao at Din having to travel coach, and being all "gently caress tha police" when asked to pull over. I feel bad for any bounties he takes though, not a lot of room in that astromech port...

So yeah, give Bryce a film or series if she wants, I've enjoyed all her eps so far.

Man, I wanna visit *that* space station, it looks so cool.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Also, even though it's bad business, I love that Din's all 'it's on the house' when he's told it's for Boba. Not even mates rates. just straight up Mandobros poo poo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Darko posted:

How quickly people miss episode 7 and Finn. I'm thinking that's just specifically for that weapon since it's mentioned in Rebels too.

My defence is that TRoS was so catastrophically bad I've basically memory holed the entire ST, never to think of it again.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Book of Boba Fett run to bring you Mandolorian season 3 episode 1. That episode rules and it didn't even have Boba Fett in it. The N1 is an awesome little ship but where's the room for all of Mando's stuff! The part I liked about the Razor Crest was all the room he had for his little armory, guess he's gonna be travelling light now. Guess he could put a small cache of stuff in the astrodroid compartment, but I wouldn't mind if he picked up a little droid companion in season 3 to fill in that space.

Yeah, as lovely as the N1 is, it's got nee room for gently caress all. The only way he's bringing bounties in now is by filling the mech port with a stack of heads, which is perhaps just a tad grim.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

mdemone posted:

Would cut my own leg off inside of five seconds

That'd practically make you a Jedi washout, I think most of us would just decapitate ourselves doing our best Anakin/Maul impression.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a phase-pulse blaster and set of beskar covering your rear end, kid. Just ask Timothy Olyphant.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

I’ve said it but I would straight up watch a show about people in Star Wars. No plot. Just life in the galaxy.

A Playtime remake set on Coruscant with some wookiee bumbling about lost in an office building then meeting an housewife from an Alderaan tourist group at a hotel Jizz band party and everyone just having a nice time dancing the night away. I'd watch it.

Bismuth posted:

How friggin long do duros live...

Less than Yodas is all I got..! Maybe they're like Wookiees, those dudes live for a long time too.

I do feel bad for poor Boba, currently ranking 4th on the Menacing Bounty Hunter scale in his own show. Din will hack you to pieces, Krrsantan will rip you to pieces, and the other fella will just fill you full of holes in the blink of an eye. But I guess we all gotta get old and slow down sometime.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hey buddy do you want:
a - a boring rear end chainmail armor.
b - A SICK rear end LASER SWORD THAT GOES WHOOOM WHEN YOU MOVE IT AROUND

you can only choose one

"Come on little guy, do you wanna be a tank or do you wanna be DPS and rack up the huuuuuuge numbers?"
*flexes*

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

nine-gear crow posted:

Especially because Sebastian Stan is right there, willing, endorsed by Hamill himself, and would be easily universally accepted by fans as TV verse Luke.

Nah, screw that, I really don’t want Stan or anyone else as Luke. Just retire the character and create new ones for new adventures instead of hanging around the same few people in a 40 year period when their stories already had a beginning, middle and end.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Most important classes at Jedi Academy this term:

i) Droid Crushing
ii) Animal Husbandry
iii) Lightsabre Duelling CANCELLED
iv) Force Jumping

Overall, you really can't call this series good but it did have fun moments, there were some nice ideas here and there, and it was neat seeing Krrsantan and Cad Bane pop up in live action. Steph Green and Bryce Dallas Howard's episodes were so much better than any of the others, Robert Rodriguez remains disappointing but really, the script/plotting is where the real blame lies. As for Boba, I'm actually down with him wanting to be a better, more chill guy in his old age but drat, he really should put Fennec in charge because she's MVP. Hopefully Din's gonna rub off on him on the Mandalorian side of things and he'll get more involved when it's time to go back to Mandalore.

RIP Sandlady, she was too cool to ice off screen

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
lmao

“My big, beautiful Space Nazi, powerfully carving a swathe through hapless anti-fascist mooks. I am so hard right now. How dare anything ever portray him as a pathetic loser!”

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
While the show has plenty of problems, I really like Tem in the role and it’s a shame to see people online dunking on him for his pronunciations or not being a ripped 30/40 something.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Tatooine is the last place in the galaxy Anakin wants to go or think about, and the baby died with Padme as far as he and Palpatine know. Plus it's pretty much a nothing backwater dive in an entire galaxy of planets, with only the most token Empire representation 90% of the time.

Though now I do want to see Anakin stop by the old homestead for an awkward catch up and supper with his step-brother.

"So...what have you been up to?"
"Nothing much, killing Sand People, lamenting my lot in life, you know, the usual. This suit owns though, keeps the sand out, you guys should get one. Can you pass the salt please, Beru?"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
poo poo, is Sung Kang playing the Xth Brother or something? My dreams of a Han Solo & Han Seoul-Oh team up, cruelly dashed.

Comedy option: have him play Dash Rendar.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I had minimal interest in Andor the guy, he was the least interesting of the R1 crew but I am up for seeing a fabulously attired Mon Mothma do awesome insurrectionist poo poo under Palp's nose so sure, why not.

Madurai posted:

edit: they're cowards for not having Val Kilmer be fat, down-and-out Madmartigan

To be fair, the poor guy is about as capable of performing nowadays as Tim Curry is.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Clearly even far, far away, if you absolutely, positively got to kill every Stormtrooper in the room, accept no substitutes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I loved the first ep, was much cooler on the second. The chase scenes with the kid (who is otherwise a delight in the role) are painful, all these adults failing to keep up with their tiny jogging looks ludicrous; the Inquisitors are kinda lame (lol @ Reva’s rooftop shenanigans); and the limitations of the Volume were blatantly apparent in all the neon planet scenes, the exterior shots there all looked terribly stagey and fake. I think it’s the floor, it’s just all so flat, featureless and lifeless, really takes me out of it. Conversely, Tatooine and OTHER PLANET feel real and alive.

So that’s what isn’t working for me. What I am digging is Ewan killing it, he does so much work with just a defeated and haunted look, his painful interactions with Owen (who I have a new respect and appreciation for now) and Bail (loving the Smits here also). We might have laughed at the Obi-Wan has PTSD thing back in the day but he really sells it here, the dude is hosed up bad. And the scene of him waking up from his nightmare and calling out Qui-Gon to no response is just sad as gently caress.

Presumably the Grand Inquisitor will be right as rain, if a bounty hunter in the middle of the Dune Sea can hang on long enough to get patched up, I’m sure a leading Imperial dude can get seen to. Plus it just increases the need for our boy to drag his rear end out his tank and take charge of these yo-yos. I am very curious how hard they’re going to go with Vader, full on bastard or more hints to his softer side?

So yeah, it’s a mixed bag but I’m mostly enjoying it, the dynamic between Ben and the kid, and hopefully now they’re off the crappy looking neon planet stage, it’ll be onwards and upwards from here. And mad hype for Anakin getting his game on, of course.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Man, I know our guy is in a bad place mentally right now but even wet behind the ears punks like Luke and Cal Kestis put up more of a fight than Obi-Wan managed here, goddamn. Anakin's probably split between feeling like even more of a chump for getting owned by this guy in the first place, and laughing his rear end off at what a worthless, broken shell of a man Obi-Wan has become. It was not so much Ali v Frazier II, more like Mike Tyson loving up that long streak of paralysed piss on the plane last month.

Part of me wondered if they might soften Anakin up a bit, dial back some of the awful poo poo you might expect of him but nope, just straight up gonna merk a whole street of randos just because then just toy around like a particularly sadistic cat with a crippled mouse.

Kenobi! Sort your poo poo out.

Anyway, rather liked the hitch-hiking bit, the kid's quick thinking, the truck driver's seemingly amiable nature and the subsequent awkwardness. As for the direction, I like the idea of trying again for something like George's old idea of a scene that's just darkness interrupted by movement of the sabres but while thematically very appropriate it didn't really work for me here. The framing felt terribly average.

All these sci-fi shows that aren't Raised By Wolves badly need better DoPs.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'll say I don't like it because in the special editions Temuera Morrison redubbed all of the troopers lines and now it's just like so uh some stormtroopers are clones and others aren't? I'm not even a giant starwars dork and things like this annoy me to no end, I'm just asking for some continuity here.

Nah, he didn't - go look up a video of the mind trick scene on YouTube. It's got CG doodahs flying around but the voice isn't Tem, it's still the OG dude.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I see the fortress security is just as poo poo as it was when Cal and Cere broke in, goddamn. And I properly laughed out loud at the shot of the officer guy just lying in plain view of anyone who might walk past his office. It's just so sloppily done when, of all things, they should have made sure they had their poo poo together for this. And yes, the sabre props just ain't cutting it either. Leia owns though.

There better be some actual Anakin/unmasked Vader in the next couple of eps else why even bother bringing him back? Pah.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My take is it probably depends how strong you are with the Force. Reva ain't poo poo, she never finished her training and she works in a hostile workplace environment that doesn't want anyone getting too good, so Force Tai chi works a treat. Dooku and Palpatine were proper Force gangstas so Yoda had to bust out the lightsaber. See also mojoless loser Obi-Wan in the third episode getting hoisted up like he ain't poo poo - that ain't gonna work again if they meet next week.

Anyway, I dug the ep, it was a huge improvement over last week's farce, though there was still some dumb poo poo here and there and they offed the two best new characters in the whole drat thing - RIP Tala & NED, booooo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Set up a Vader show that's a weekly comedy where he leaves the armour at home, puts on a Vader tux, slaps on a wig and some make up, and tries to woo an unimpressed Keira Knightley on a series of hot dates in exotic locales each week while an increasingly furious Palps texts him demanding he stop skiving off work.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Bismuth posted:

Man, if I was Vader I think I'd just pull a Grievous and have my brain and favorite guts stuffed into a jar, throw away the rest, and get a sick robot body.

A good aloe vera handjob might be the only pleasure he has left in life, he probably doesn't want to give that up.

Dave Syndrome posted:

Seriously. Two people in one show being able to survive a lightsaber to the gut without much of an explanation is ridiculous.

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural. Like first aid training, interstellar teleportation...

Honestly, apart from the insane megalomania, the dark side clearly seems to be more useful and powerful. Yoda was full of poo poo, gimme dat red lightsaber, yo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Also, goddamn, you'd think the Empire would pony up the cash to give its #2 a beskar helmet instead of something made from same brittle poo poo all the grunts get.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Natalie Holt is a good composer, she was just handed a dumb set of guidelines to start off with on this. Mando guy just gets to do his own thing because there are no existing mando themes - or expectations - but everyone has a set idea when it comes to Anakin/Vader, Obi-Wan and Leia, and the director tied one arm behind their back. By the time Williams was asked, it was likely already too late.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vinylshadow posted:

Don't forget Triple Zero and Beetee, Vader and Aphra's evil(er) counterparts to Threepio and Artoo respectively

Yeah, just give us a Droids Doing For Themselves series, where Trip, BT, HK, an IG, and Chopper decide enough is enough and plot to overthrow the meatbags once and for all. Or just hold a contest to see who can rack up the highest body count. Let's throw in NED's 'brother' TED to go hog wild with hammers too while we're at it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Halloween Jack posted:

The funny thing in all this is that they had no qualms about blowing up Ilum, but Coruscant was going too far.

Eh, everyone has heard of Coruscant, no one but NEEEEEEEERDS ever gave a gently caress about Ilum. poo poo, I don't think I even heard of it till goons posted about it after the film came out.

As for Andor, instead of the weird obsession some have with "I hope this makes someone mad!!!!", I merely hope the show is Actually Good and well made. Mon Mothma pootling about right under the Empire's nose forming an insurgency sounds awesome, plus hopefully we'll see more of Bail and Saw too. Also lol/yay at the Naked Miner Boss from Chernobyl popping up in the trailer.

teagone posted:

Just want to hammer it home through visual language that those guys are insurgents, freedom fighters, revolutionaries, etc.

Hmmm, good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hell, TG2 practically was a Star Wars movie, just with Val K as Obi-Wan and Jon Hamm as Mon Mothma (Jon Mothamm?) Just stick a crawl at the start and some pew-pew noises over the guns and watch another billion roll in.