Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Hey so I'm watching Rebels for the first time and I just want to say that this version of Yoda is the ugliest loving thing I have ever seen.

Who thought this was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I had actually forgotten about the TPM puppet since I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid, but yeah that one is actually worse.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

The clone episodes were my favorites in TCW so I am very excited for Dee Bradley Baker: The Show. Also just the setting of early transition to the Empire seems like it will be interesting.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Introducing the ice batch, a platoon of clones kept in stasis for just the right time but forgotten and lost in the war.

This is actually canon for Kix, the 501st medic. It was in a short story collection or something, but dude got kidnapped and put in cryostasis by the Separatists but then their ship was shot down and he got left there for like 25 years.

Lol star wars

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Dave Syndrome posted:

I love the trooper reacting to the little guy flying past them and waving happily:
"Ugh, it's going to be one of THOSE planets."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vrAEGXzkY
I feel you, trooper

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I'd still rather watch the movie than like, any Jar Jar episode.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Sup fellow nerds I'm excited

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

twistedmentat posted:

Was Crosshair dressed like a Clone version of the Death Troopers near the end?

The helmet's different, although it's got the same green visor so maybe it's an early version.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

twistedmentat posted:

My theory about Omega she is a clone of a Jedi. She's shown abilites that are beyond just hightened senses and innate physical abilities. Which Jedi is the question

Bring it full circle with the Mandalorian and have her be a female clone of Tarre Vizsla

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Georgia Peach posted:

Who was the dead Jedi carried out on a stretcher?

No one knows. Might just a rando to drive home the point that it wasn't just the clones on Kaller. It's not Shaak Ti because she was on Coruscant at the time, and also the hand looks like it's green or yellow maybe?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Dad Batch

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I wonder if we have a Gregor cameo waiting for us further done the line.

Since we know that Rex is gonna show up at some point I'm hoping we also get to see Wolffe and how the three of them end up together.

And nthing the gonk droid, gonk droids rule.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He’s even got a skull on his loving helmet :cripes:

A nice little detail in this and TCW is that for the most part if a clone has a face tattoo they have the same design on their helmet. Makes them easy to tell apart even when they're all suited up.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Arquinsiel posted:

I think they're playing it as her not actually being aware that other people don't know what she knows or can do.

Yeah this tracks since a) she's a child and b) Tech did literally the same thing with assuming the rest of the Bad Batch knew she was a clone immediately.

As far as who Omega's a clone of, I've seen a few people speculate it might be Arla Fett, Jango Fett's sister, who is also blonde. I'm not sure how they could do that without it seeming like a huge cop out though, since she's just in EU stuff. "Oh surprise Jango had a secret sister the whole time!"

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Marsupial Ape posted:

He’s basically been Winter Soldier-ed. Brain zapper and all.

Speaking of, I'm glad they pretty immediately established that it's not his fault and he's being made to act against his will instead of the weird "he has to be punished/arrested for his actions" approach of the Winter Solider which makes literally zero sense in a universe where mind control is possible.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Alchenar posted:

Thrawn dies because he never considers that the race of hyper suspicious commando-spy-assassins will ever stop to ask what he's putting into their soil.

Zahn got so caught up in writing his supergenius, undefeatable, secretly noble and moral OC that he forgot that Thrawn had to actually lose at the end.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Space Danish. Spanish.

Wait.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Friendship regain with Gonk, now Gonk and Klink both are my best friends

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I mean, except for the Mandalorian, they're kids shows. It's a little weird to get mad about a show for children having a child as a main character.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's a good point that could also lead to some interesting interpersonal conflict with Echo and the rest of the Batch since Echo is a reg and should be having a similar reaction as Rex, having spent all of his life up until now with the other regs.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Latest episode ruled, Gonky continues to rule. Muchi is also great, definitely had a moment of "holy poo poo" when I realized

It was just a little throwaway thing but Omega painting her toy trooper to look like the Dad Batch was adorable.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I know some people have speculated that the Seventh Sister from Rebels is actually Barriss since they're both Force using Mirialans but that's about the extent of the supporting evidence.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah there's a reason that Mon Cal is called Quarrie.

Oh man I never even put that together :aaaaa:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

swickles posted:

And whatever happened to that Hondo guy from Clone Wars?!?

He works at the Disney parks now

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Larryb posted:

I’ll just come clean, I’m actually still watching Clone Wars, Rebels and a bunch of other shows and haven’t actually gotten to those parts yet (all my other knowledge comes secondhand). The rest of what I said still stands though.

Don't feel bad, it took me like 2 years to get through Clone Wars (the first couple seasons can be loving rough). It's absolutely worth finishing though- the last 4 episodes of season 7 are one of the best Star Wars movies.

Which are you liking better at the moment?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

iirc there's only a couple episodes out of order by like season 3 and then everything is in order after that. Coincidentally that is also when the show really starts improving in quality.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

The Clone Wars: It's loving Sad

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

jassa posted:

Sure, they could certainly still be alive in the OT era... I'm just curious to see how Filoni & co justify them not being involved with the Rebel Alliance (or even referenced/contacted by Rex) during the Rebels/OT years.

Before the Lothal crew shows up, it seemed like Rex had retired from actively working for the rebels. It might just be that the Dad Batch helped the Alliance for awhile and then did the same thing by the time Rebels/the OT roll around.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

hey how come all the Sith took on new stupid evil names when they became Sith Lords except for Maul? Was his name just already edgy enough or what

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

swickles posted:

So I was wrong about my "all droid" cast prediction.

Droids are people :mad:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

jassa posted:

Between that and the reveal that they're behind the bounty hunters, I can't help but wonder why they (or Nala Se anyway) helped Omega leave with the BB in the first place. Were they just seizing an opportunity to get her off Kaminoa? Are the bounty hunters being employed to deliver her to an off-world location for safekeeping?

Definitely seems to me that Nala Se helped Omega escape against the general Kaminoans' wishes and is just going along with the assumption that the Bad Batch took her without help. Like Nala Se got attached and tried to save her from whatever her actual purpose is.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I'm curious about the clone that Bane killed and just had a number instead of a name. Did he just not have a name yet or does Order 66 rewrite personalities enough that the clones choose to stop using their names and go back to numbers?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Why do you think his first act as Emperor was to found the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

fartknocker posted:

As long as the voice remains the same as Ian McDiarmid’s, I’m down with this version of Muppet Baby Star Wars (Again).

Caleb Dume's cameo in Bad Batch but on purpose this time

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

pik_d posted:

I haven't watched Rebels and it was still a good episode, I just didn't get all that excited the droid was there but I was like "Was that the shy Twi'lek that Boil and Waxer saved" and she wasn't so I was a bit sad.

She does show up as a cameo in a couple episodes of Rebels, though!

Also pre-emptive RIP to Howzer, who is def gonna die if the next episodes are also about Ryloth.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Same! I love that you can actually hear that Gregor isn't quite Rebels era crazy yet but is definitely getting there. Dee Bradley Baker is knocking it out of the park.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

"Empire? No, I just love murdering children specifically"

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

But also at least according to wookieepedia some of the clones have longer designations than just the 4 numbers. Droibait from Domino Squad was CT-00-2010. (conversely, Hevy was CT-782 so who the gently caress knows)

Radio! fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 12, 2021

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

God the music in this episode was just outstanding. Overall I really enjoyed it, although I agree that it would have been nice to have more of a cliffhanger or something to get excited specifically about for season 2.

and thank gently caress AZI didn't die, lil dude rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also the making Kanan white and Omega? Still a reach and a half

Tbh I always assumed Kanan was white when watching Rebels. Is it a comics thing?