Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

jivjov posted:

Eh it's not just TLJ, after he got raked over the coals for that one, he clarified that nobody knows Star Wars like Lucas and he doesn't see any of it as being as "valid" as when he was making it. He seems like a decent enough guy other than taking potshots at directors for "not doing their homework"...but he keeps. Doing. That. One. Thing.

But how does he feel about the Filoni verse? Because honestly outside of that I totally agree with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

She looks a bit old doesn't she? Her horns are a bit too pointed and long, and her face a bit harsh.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

jassa posted:

Honestly I'm really hoping they recast her... it feels so gross to have a transphobe playing one of my favourite Star Wars characters. :(

This is my opinion too. The lady is a violent transphobe and nothing has been said about it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mandrel posted:

i mean i'm guessing Andor probably won't converge with the others. for obvious reasons

It's only the Filoni ran shows that will converge. Boba, Mando, Ahsoka and whatever replaces Rangers.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I spent way to long looking for Rocket Xavier on your post before realizing you just posted it again for convience.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

exmarx posted:

great ep, great series. were the doctor's arms a practical effect??? it looked like it.

Yep! The Doctor was performed on set by three people. One was the head, under heavy prosthetics, one was the main hands and the body and the third was the second pair of hands. They used a harness system to suspend them in place, and move them as if they were one character with a singular centre of mass, then they used CGI to remove the harness and augument the eyes, etc.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sammus posted:

Isn’t that George from Z Nation? Good for her, landing a gig in Star Wars.

She was a great background character that everyone thought was going to play a bigger role but then the good guys killed her practically off camera. She's in maybe 4 episodes total.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

Vel has a distinctive face and is played by a more well known actress. Luthen's assistant has basically blended into the background in all of their scenes so coupled with her totally different look that's why I was confused. Also being drunk and high probably didn't help.

I also feel like the show obscured who she was like it was a reveal. Having her arrive at the port, her face obscured, her hood up, immediately made me think Leia would be Mothma's contact and that was her.

I recognised pretty quickly that it was Luthen's assistant but the show did obscure that at first.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The ginger ISB officer is a rebel plant right?

He's the only one with facial hair, he spoke a lot today during the meeting about the captured pilot and he's a reasonably well known actor for a nothing role.

My guess would be that the rebel pilot is also a plant, a distraction so the Imps are looking the wrong way when something big goes down.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cheesus posted:

Good point.

The scene with Andor being checked in last week left me the impression that even the "guards" are just leveled up prisoners. So maybe with the increased PORD sentencing, there was no more room for this guy at the next level so they just "whelped!" him back down not understanding how that would reveal the game beyond even the few who already understood it to be a sham like Melchi.

My understanding was that they hosed up by putting the prisoner back into the same prison on a different floor rather than into one of the other prisons on the ocean. They probably have a few for new inmates and a few for second and third go arounds.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

Even that doesn't make sense. He'd do the exact same thing in a different prison. Just being on a different floor isn't going to change the "they just moved me over from next door when I got 'released'" talk.

The best option is for the release door to just be a slide into the ocean. Any other option puts you in exactly this situation.

I meant that they probably have an entite facility or two of the people who got 'released' and know there's no end in sight.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Has there been any explanation for what Grogu did between the temple and Mando? Who were the people protecting (maybe) him in the first episode?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

They actually don't, palpatine would have leaked it another way

I would love to see the ISB meeting where leaking the second Death Star as a trap for the rebellion was floated as an idea. It's classic spycraft. Of course it backfired horribly but I vet everyone in the ISB upper command landed comfy jobs advising the New Republic.

Dedra probably came up with the idea.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

It is really funny that the people with a legitimate desire for local independence and better government being misled by their leadership consisting entirely of evil capitalists are pretty much all cartoon villains, while the outright lunatic fascists keep getting nuanced and sympathetic takes

I found it kind of silly how the Bad Batch premiere made Dooku just as bad as the Senator's he was angry with in Tales of the Jedi. They dropped a three part backstory for him and then contradicted it. Unless we are meant to assume he himself had been corrupted by power in the end, which makes sense for a Sith, but isn't very interesting.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

Same way it was important to many that Ezra's ethnicity was kept for the live action.

Did they cast someone from Agrabah for the live action Ezra then?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Azhais posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Jedi-Battle-Scars/dp/0593598601

How Merrin got her groove back

it's a bad book don't read it

It's a very horny book. But yes, it is pretty bad too.

Meanwhile it basically doesn't really set up the game at all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Christ, for every moderately good thing Disney does, they really are compelled to bring balance by taking five steps back, aren't they?

What good thing did they do? :iiam:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

I would definitely say fun, but not good. It has some really fun scenes like the droid bar, but there's the shoehorning of the terrible serialized plot you mentioned, and also that the tone is all over the place and it's written in a really cartoony way. It felt more akin to the goofy droid episodes of CW to me than any other Mando episode.

My main problem was I wasn't really sure what Christopher Lloyd's motives were. He said that Count Dooku was a visionary but the planet had seemingly achieved Dooku's vision of being an independent paradise? It was outside of Republic rule and flourishing?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Jerkface posted:

the original plan was for 5 seasons, with each being 1 year towards rogue 1. However the undertaking was huge and it would take so long given season 1 was taking a while that luna and gilroy chopped it down to 2 seasons with season 1 being 1 full year and each 3 ep arc in season 2 being 1 year with the final arc leading directly into r1s opening andor scene

I wonder if they will get Daniel Mays back.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

gently caress I hope not.

Why not? If he's a bad egg I haven't heard it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Jerkface posted:

The live action zeb is such a glow up drat

honestly the ahsoka trailer looks absolutely fire, I hope it actually hits

It's incredible how massively Obi-Wan botched the live action Inquisitors. Like, god drat, they did them really badly and cheaply.

Boba Fett didn't do great with live action Cad Bane either, but he wasn't offensively bad like those two.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Veotax posted:

The Grand Inquisitor in season 1 of Rebels is great, they hosed up is depiction in Obi-Wan though. The season 2 Inquisitors kinda suck though.

The thing with the Inquisitors is that they're mostly chumps, and that doesn't make for compelling villains. They're fallen Jedi hunting other Jedi, they're not on the level of the main Jedi we usually follow though, they're mostly there to hunt down other chump Jedi that survived Order 66, and if they find someone actually important, they're supposed to call Vader in to handle it.
None of them were important Jedi before they were turned, just random survivors who gave in to the Dark Side to save themselves and stuff like that.

I like the concept, but the execution largely hasn't been interesting, IMO

100% agree, but I was purely meaning the visual adaptations of them into live action.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Larryb posted:

Yeah, as the next season is apparently the last one I hope Bad Batch gets a decent sendoff at least (some cameos by Omega and the like in other shows wouldn’t be bad either). Also I’m still not convinced Tech is dead until we see a body

We still don’t have a release date for that besides “2024” right?

I'm more convinced that Tech is dead now that we know Season Three is the last.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

It'll open with a funeral and we can then let go our of tears that we've been holding in. :(

But no body, no death!!!

Well he fell from an incredible height, even with the clone armor on, there's probably no body left at all.

Honestly I'm expecting every member of the Bad Batch other than Omega to die.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Seeing as it's not confirmed who was responsible in the new canon it might make more narrative sense to make Deidra responsible. Would be interesting to pull those two threads together and leave CGI Tarkin out of it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Larryb posted:

Bring back Zeb too while you’re at it

There's no way they modelled and rigged up his live action CGI for a single scene in the last season of Mando. He's coming.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tbf, I assumed that was all for the dead Rangers show, and what we got was the backdoor pilot showing their sets/cast/etc.

Maybe. I don't think Rangers ever got far enough along to build sets, let alone rig a CGI character but I might be wrong.

Wasn't there rumors that Rangers was being retooled with Olyphant as the main character? What an upgrade that would of been! Either way I assume that after the current batch of already made Disney + Star Wars is dead/severely cut back.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Larryb posted:

Are The Acolyte and/or Skeleton Crew still happening?

Aside from that the only other things left on the docket at the moment (as far as I remember) are the final seasons of Andor and Bad Batch (though the former has been delayed by the strike and the latter won’t be until next year) and another round of Tales of the Jedi episodes at some point. I believe that Lando show with Donald Glover is still happening as well

Yep. The Acolyte and Skeleton Crew are filmed and presumedly fairly far along in post production.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just surviving Order 66 is enough to infer he's in the same weight class combat-wise, because it means he's probably gone through the same experience of fending off a shitload of Clone Troopers who had him dead to rights from the get-go.

Should of had Barris fill this role. Reveal she's been a bounty hunter/mercenary since Order 66 and has a younger apprentice.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

I hope the new galaxy has some weirder wilder poo poo in it, gimme Farscape over there instead of Star Wars.

This episode already gave us more Farscape than any other.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 20, 2023

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

I always wondered what those dudes deal was, I can't possibly imagine him wanting or needing folks like that around him. Like what do they do, shoot the breeze talking about the ball game?

Sure, I know that Sly and the fat dude were ride or die Senate buds but these freaks?

They are worshippers from Exegol, obviously.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

To the same three people?

I'm pretty sure that if you count the days that Anakin is up to something, you get too many days.

Space years.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I normally hate double posting across threads, but Screen Junkies did a video on Rebel Moon and this is how the ships travel through space and I can't even

What's the problem?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Wasn't one of the first things Disney/Abrams did when they got the franchise was to fire/not hire Ben Burtt?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Dexo posted:

I'm half betting he shows up in Rey's movie.

He couldn't be an adult though could he? Unless we really lean into the trauma of Order 66 keeping him in arrested development it seems like he needs to age another couple of hundred years to be an adult.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Larryb posted:

Still banking on Tech being alive (all we did was see him fall and other people in this universe have survived worse). But yeah, this show has been pretty consistently good so far and I’ll be curious to see how it ends.

At the very least I can see Omega making it out alive and maybe joining the Rebellion or something

I would bank on Tech being alive being the original plan until they found out this was the last season. Why bring him back when you're heading towards the finish line already?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Larryb posted:

I was under the impression this was always intended to be the last season since it was first announced, is that not the case?

Yeah, definitely, but I don't know if they knew that when they killed off Tech so probably left the door open for him to return.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Marsupial Ape posted:

And Daniel Logan deserves at least like a walk on roll, at this point. He's a good lookin' guy. Say he's the son of a clone or something. It should be a thing that the children of clones want to hug Boba Fett for nostalgia reasons.

Honestly Daniel Logan should of been Boba Fett in the Mando verse. The ages would match up better. Save Tem for the clones and old man Rex.

Also, live action Omega will probably be played by Keisha Castle-Hughes. I'd much prefer Frankie Adams, but I don't think it'll happen at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

This is a really good point. Why don't the Sith gently caress? You really would think there would be way more emphasis on bloodlines and dynasties in the evil bad guy group, but it's like only Anakin ever got laid.

Rey being a Palpatine was more interesting when it implied Palpatine hosed.

You only need to look at the real world to know that powerful men attract partners not matter their moral/physical reality.