Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Great stuff. Nice touch how their clone force number is 66 upside down.

Spookydonut posted:

Also prediction:

Omega is force sensitive with minor precog powers.

Or empathic abilities. I think either could explain things like knowing Crosshair was affected, knowing Wrecker wanted the doll, and signaling simultaneously with Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Given that the Star Wars creators like to connect the different stories it wouldn't surprise me to learn that when they were planning these new shows they looked at what character relationships Kenobi and Fett have in common and knew how amazing it would be to see Black Krrsantan on the screen for both shows. I'll be hoping to see this real bad dude pop up in the Kenobi show, too. He's easily one of the scariest characters in Star Wars for me, right up there with Darth Vader. They've had some great Chewbacca action in the movies lately so I can't wait to see a psychotic version of that in live-action. Here's a comic book page that gives an idea of what it'll look like https://i.imgur.com/Wh5QrUF.png

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I loved the cyborg youths and their colorful mopeds, and the Krrsantan fight did not disappoint. I was really hoping I'd get to see him bite someone like he bit Kenobi in the comic I posted and I feel like all of my dreams just came true.

I doubt the scooter kids are locals, they look like they probably came from an urban world and recently wound up on Tatooine through misfortune and/or misadventure. I thought the chase scene was good goofy fun that was also pretty to watch thanks to those bikes. There was no real danger cause the mayor's dude wasn't shooting back or anything, and no real risk of him getting away because Boba could keep up with his jetpack. I think Fett just wanted to sic the scary youths on the silly man because it feels good to be the boss for once.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Imagine how Thrawn would shudder to hear somebody say, "Who needs an analog painting?"

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Nah, not casting an Asian actress as Sabine would be a pretty bad move.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

The astromech droid port was hollowed out and replaced with a window, a prisoner will fit there as long as they aren't a Wookiee or something.

Edit: Actually I don't think so, it'd be too cramped. But why else give it a window? For Grogu?

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 26, 2022

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

To Catch A Predator but instead of Chris Hansen waiting in the kitchen it's Din Djarin.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

All new books, comics, and video games are canon unless they've been retconned since or are branded to imply non-canon status like LEGO and Visions.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

imo it'd be cool if in an episode of Obi-Wan he runs into Cody and it's revealed that Rex had gotten the chip out of Cody's head after the war and Cody has all this guilt and turmoil over trying to kill Kenobi who is still wary of him but Cody helps Kenobi out and finds redemption.

Really I just want to see Temuera Morrison play some old clone troopers. Especially a decrepit Rex in Ahsoka.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

We literally had Tom Baker shooting lightning out of the sky to destroy all the Imperials and Rebels making a warzone of his planet?

Bendu wasn't a Jedi. Yes, there are force users who are in-between light and dark but they aren't following the Jedi religion.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Yeah I didn't love the finale. Maybe I was feeling particularly critical but there were too many dumb details that I couldn't turn my brain off for. Overall I found this series highly enjoyable but I recognize that's mostly just because it had a bunch of cool Star Wars poo poo. I don't think it worked story-wise.

Edit: Or my dumb brain wasn't on enough to explain to me what I mistook as dumb.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 9, 2022

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Is that really supposed to be the Grand Inquisitor? He has the forehead marks but not the ones under the eyes. Did they retcon him to no longer be Pau'an? Trailer got me stoked but this weirded me out.

Edit: Nevermind, I actually do see both the Pau'an lines going down his forehead and the red marks under his eyes.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 9, 2022

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I couldn't see them in the first shot but later in the trailer when he's spinning his lightsaber you can totally see the red marks under his eyes and the Pau'an lines. Woops, it's totally him, sorry.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

The prequels are definitely made to be watched after the original trilogy, if at all.