Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Pretty excited to see more LEGO sets come from this series. I already want a T-85.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The only episodes you need to skip are those four parters with the droids and the annoying rear end in a top hat captain.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

NTRabbit posted:

Per one of the unfinished clone wars episodes, he dead, Boba killed him in a duel

He also dead :crossarms:

If we were going by unfinished clone wars episodes, the Yuuzhan Vong would be canon.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
NJO was 21. And I had every single one of them. :smug:

(Except the Ebooks because 13 year old me didn’t know what an ebook was)

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Bust Rodd posted:

No one has ever died from fall damage in Star Wars.

Ironically enough, in The FFG role playing games, falling damage is one of the deadliest things to characters.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
As much as I love Ahsoka, I’m not feeling these episodes. It’s nice to see her more mature and be the voice of reason but these sisters are very boring and dumb.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 31, 2020

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I enjoy spending time with Ahsoka, I just wish it was in better context. I can’t bring myself to give a poo poo about these two sisters and their backstory, and with so few episodes, I’d rather it be spent with people we know and care about instead of new people. I trust Filoni a lot and I’m sure he put in these episodes for a reason over other stuff, and it’s possible the fourth episode will be fantastic and make up for it.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

General Dog posted:

We're never getting an animated Star Wars that looks this good again, are we? That was one of the toughest things to swallow about Rebels, it just looked like loving puke.

It got a lot better as the show went on. I still don’t like the thin sabers, McQuarrie concept art be damned.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I don’t mind bad batch only because the sister arc was so lame.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Bismuth posted:

Also the conditions of it, like when Obi wan woudlnt kill that guy threatening Satine's life but they'll blow the poo poo out of cruisers with crews of 30k+.

I have to admit, this scene endeared Anakin more to me then the entire prequels. Him showing up and just merking the dude and shrugging it off was hilarious and owned.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I think one of the kids told her not to go beyond the fence but that’s about it. For them it’s probably second nature not to go beyond the fence and they might have assumed that “past fence = bad” would be simple enough to understand.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

NTRabbit posted:

Apparently it's Gozanti 63m, Arquitens 325m, Interdictor 1100m, ISD 1600m

Arquitens is what Gideon was rocking, right? I liked the smaller scale, with even a small ship like that being a lethal threat.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That episode ruled. 66 Wrecker was terrifying, my man was about to strangle out Hunter and Tech. Great seeing Rex again, and really enjoyed Bracca, from Fallen Order.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Anita Dickinme posted:

Right? I never thought a cartoon would be like this.

Rex walking into the smoke loving ruled.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is Star Wars staying on Friday release dates? I saw Disney was switching release days to Wednesday’s now.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is that an R2 with a straw hat? That loving rules.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That sounds awesome. Ditch the galactic cruiser hotel and replace it with a sith hotel.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Vinylshadow posted:

*PTSD flashbacks to inputting a gold-level transfer code into Golden Sun: The Lost Age, which is over 200 characters long in a nigh-unreadable font*

Yeah, at some point they'd have to stop, just so the Empire doesn't grind to a halt

Christ, this was the worst poo poo. God forbid you mess up one letter or number, you’d have to go all the way back and figure out where you hosed up.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
It’s such a good trailer. The holocron changing Ezra was such a waste though, he was fine after the season premiere.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

thrawn527 posted:

My brother showed his son ESB, and filmed him during the twist moment. I'm guessing to try to get a viral moment of him freaking out or something, because that's who my brother is. Well my 7 year old nephew hosed it up (in an awesome way), because as soon as Vader said, "No, I am your father," he said, "Just like Emperor Zerg!" You know, from Toy Story? Because they referenced that same moment in Toy Story 2. My brother was kind of pissed, but when he sent me the video, I was laughing my rear end off.

Like, yeah, the twist is out there and has been referenced to hell and back at this point. What do you expect?

And THIS reminds me of that terrible movie Reign of Fire where, in a post apocalypse, Christian Bale and Gerald Butler are reenacting ESB for kids, and specifically this scene. It was hilarious, adorable, and, like, the only good scene of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F-MICZdEY4

Butler reassuring the kids that his hand is, in fact, fine is just gold.

Reign of Fire is admittedly dogshit but I have a soft spot for it. Modern day soldiers vs dragons is such a neat twist on the usual dragon story, and the dragons themselves looked loving awesome.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I think the old EU had “light-side” lightning that Luke used a bunch, to zap some Vong.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I’m hoping that Ahsoka and Sabine finally find Ezra in the Ahsoka show and it turns out he’s just been slamming back beers with Thrawn the whole time and chilling.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Dooku’s saber looks so cool in blue in Tales of the Jedi, loving his episodes. Very done with Ahsoka though.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Is Coruscant the only ecumenopolis in the galaxy? Maybe Coruscant was within First Order space, so they needed to find another capital by necessity.

The message I'm getting from the newer Star Wars media (and was sort of implied by the old ones) is that the Republic/Empire doesn't really have the bureaucratic capacity to run every planet under their nominal control. Megacorps, local feudal lords, and outright warlords/"crime" lords run huge chunks of the thing, and it's neglect as much as oppression which is sowing the seeds of separatism/rebellion.

Nah there’s a few, like Nar Shaddaa, the look of the Hutts.

:efb

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Isometric Bacon posted:

The thing I don't get about TLJ hate is that it's still so prevalent - like people will froth at the mouth at anger or fall over themselves to defend it.

This is not surprising of course in and of itself, what I don't get is theres nary even a mention of Rise of the Skywalker in any discussion. I mean did anyone like that film?

I liked Ian Diarmid hamming it up. Other than that, uhhh.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I need that pirate capital ship in Lego form. That thing looked dope as hell.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

SuperTeeJay posted:

The dinosaur fight was a good way to show that the members of this cool warrior cult are pretty loving dumb. Were they going to keep getting picked off while ineffectually attacking a giant monster instead of just leaving?

I laughed when they tried restraining it with their wires. That thing was enormous and would’ve weighed a poo poo ton.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

thrawn527 posted:

...I need these.

Same. Need that Flurry one real bad. I have most of my Star Wars/Trek ones living on a bookshelf right now, but could always use more.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Somehow, Owen and Aunt Beru have returned.

Yes I know it’s about the actor.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

theblackw0lf posted:

Rebels end of season 2 spoilers

Man Ezra’s temptation to the dark side is way better than Anakin’s was

Honestly, this part of the show frustrated me. It seemed like it would be a big part of season 3, the holocron tempting Ezra, but then the show kinda just moves past it very quickly.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Forget the people, need more promo pictures of that E-wing.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is this the first time we’ve seen Anakin fight with a red saber? It looked cool as hell.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That loving sucks. He ruled, and always took over in his scenes, from Predator to Happy Gilmore to The Mandalorian. *insert predator handshake*

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Azhais posted:

Grievous: The Early Years

Grievous becoming a warlord, leading a rebellion on his home planet against the technologically superior invaders, while getting noticed by Dooku and Sidious would actually be pretty dope, as long as it’s written well.

Love the concept of Grievous, he left a mark after his intro in the Tartakovsky show.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Vinylshadow posted:

Unlikely, since that's set before the fall of Starlight Beacon and this is 100 years later

that...uh...sure is a poster

The blood/lightsaber poster is so much better than this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I really enjoyed the character stuff with Crosshair/Omega. Even though the A-plot was kinda whatever, I really liked them trying to analyze what was wrong with him and determining it was more of a mental block than a physical one.