Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Resistance is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

Not really feeling Resistance. The animation/art style is great, but the characters and VA were really bad imo. Rebels and Clone Wars left a really solid first impression when I watched their pilot episodes. This one just fell flat for me for some reason :(

Suck it up. Enjoy it for what it is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

J33uk posted:

This feels needlessly aggressive. Especially considering that a fair few of us will admit that Rebels had a pilot that left us cold for a show we later warmed up to. I’m watching tomorrow so fingers crossed I don’t have the wrong opinion I guess.

It's not aggressive, i'm just English.

I'm saying enjoy it for what it is and suck up the stuff you don't like.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lucas made Red Tails and i love him for that, regardless problems with the script.

Finally could make a dogfight movie with craft that fly like they are supposed to.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

Is red tails anywhere near as good as the Tuskegee Airmen?

I don't remember much of the original. But the battle scenes are good, and the planes are beautiful.
My history on the subject isn't up to spec since i stopped skinning warbird games. I would assume there is a lot of liberties taken with the story, and it skims over a lot of the incredibleness of the pilots.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colonial Air Force posted:

Reverse gentrification?

Suddenly a fan of George again....

https://youtu.be/I0VZj-85E5o?t=67

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah but it was a war movie and a racism movie...
Not historically big earners.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't think Hamill was turned into an "alt-right figurehead" over that by anyone, though.

I feel like most of the detractors of TLJ don't like the prequel movies either (because they subverted their expectations :v:) so I imagine the most you'd get is "Even incompetent jackass George Lucas hates xyz!"

Though if Spielberg had directed it...

I'll settle for The Mighty Eighth series.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hondo is terrible and this is a hill I’m more than willing to die on

:colbert:

Yo hill buddy, chuck me a beer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teek posted:

This also seems like an opportunity to bring back Enfys Nest. She's actually around the exact same age as Cassian.

I also have to think Emilia Clarke has more free time now, seems like a Crimson Dawn series would be feasible in and of itself.

She's 20, Luna is 38.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jivjov posted:

The Rogue One Visual Guide establishes he was born 26ABY

Don't you mean BBY?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's an awful actor, that's why she had like one line in Deadpool.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

I love TIE Fighter

That desk looks like a carpenters van.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure Hosian Prime being smoked is going to cause a sea change in Kaz's behavior, not to mention the rest of the cast.

Those rich snobby motherfuckers deserved it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Couldn't be happier with that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

21/16 is better than 25/14, but unless the Colossus is the Alabama of the outer rim that's still not a romance angle they should be pushing

Well it was full of swamp creatures and folks in white hats. Close enough?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTRabbit posted:

They should make the entire second season a long and slow chase scene, start to finish

Great idea.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This rules, but the prevailing rumor is that it’s not IG-88, just another IG-Series droid.

Collider is saying it's IG-88, but they might have just got that from that tweet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NowonSA posted:

To me there's also the layer that anything Star Wars seems like a license to print money between the money the show makes, toys, etc. I'd give all my Star Wars shows a solid 4-5 season run minimum, that way you've gotten that merch money and you have a nice set of content to market around. Eventually one of them will be utterly horrible, probably one of the live action shows if they keep going that route with that being more complicated than animation and less aimed at kids, and Disney have been surprisingly skittish from my perspective when things go bad (slowing down or outright cancelling some spinoff movies after Solo didn't do great), but until then unless you're intentionally trying to make some wild anthology series like an Obi-Wan 8-10 episode thing I'd definitely be in immediate renewal mode.

Printing star wars money requires spending disney money. This isn't your usual bums in seats type deal, it could go balls up financially for them. In theory

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That guy is busier than ever, Mr. Nobody, Danger Boat, K2SO, Green Arrow, Star vs Evil, Santa Clarita Diet... loving killing it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, the Star Wars thread has an controversial opinion... what are the odds.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well he knows how to throw a spy show together.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cross-Section posted:

Somebody uploaded the entire 7-minute clip they showed at the end of the panel, catch it while you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Holy poo poo. i couldn't be more hyped for this now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I recognized that as well. It took me like 12 watches to realize that Jyn's pistol is a Luger.

drat both TCW and Mando previews are amazing. Well, from the pictures of the Mando at least. I hope the preview footage gets put online soon.

I guess Ashoka will have some contact with at least Anakin before the events of ROTS.

Someone posted the link above^ I downloaded just in case it gets taken down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Looks like it's still up for now, the other footage of the trailer and behind the scenes got taken down already

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Ah that looks great. Too bad the audio is so tinny can't hear the dialog, but drat. I didn't realize Giancarlo Esposito is in it too.

The audio is pretty good on my computer, for a phone video anyway. i can hear everything.

The best thing about the video that got taekn down was John Fav explained when it's set. 5 years after RToJ

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 15, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

I think it's bad. The art style is cool, but I don't like the characters at all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Jar-Jar Binks but he's a human now.

I think I dropped out around episode 13 ("Dangerous Business"). That felt like plenty of time to grab me and it never did. Does it stop being wacky times on planet race?

Yeah the NotEmpire comes and get's all Empirey, and they all bail on the station that is really a floating ship. Much pew pew, lots of fist shaking.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress anyone who thinks poo poo like that.

I love how it looks like a Spaghetti Western.

Fav finally gets his perfect space western

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
IG-88 hype!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerkface posted:

IG-11 :v:

(Voiced by Taika Waititi!)

Close enough, Taika bonus points.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Placing bets at what episode Bill Burr dies. I've got him lasting 6 and dying in some epic moment where he gets a thermal detonator off first.

Is Ming-Na the Twi'lek chick?

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 24, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hakkesshu posted:

the mandalorian looks alright, but it does the thing that every extended star wars thing has to do where it does the thing from the movies - e.g. han solo being encased in carbonite, which was implied to be an extreme and personal punishment from jabba where he used an industrial process on a human for sheer cruelty and also to display him in public, but in the mandalorian he does it to EVERY TARGET APPARENTLY

I'm tipping it's the bounty hunter's guild collection, i wouldn't read too much into it without watching it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jng2058 posted:

Seems like it's around the same time as Alphabet Squadron, right after Endor and Jakku, but before the New Republic really gets going. So, maybe five to ten years after Yavin on the outside, which would make Sabine somewhere from 26 to 31? Maaaaaybe, but seems a bit of a stretch, frankly. But who knows? :shrug:

I just started that audiobook, i'm giving it a 100% shot of making me happy. No baggage. We'll see how it does.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hakkesshu posted:

Are we sure those are actually Trandoshans, does EW know their Star Wars species? They look way more like Barabel
:goonsay:

The horn ridge looks very much like Transdoshans, i thought they might be Weequays, but it doesn't look right, your man on the left has the Weequay looking weapon from RotJ

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

So I read Filoni is apparently really well-liked by Kathleen Kennedy, and he's being groomed to be the new 'Lucas' type creative lead for Disney-brand Star Wars moving forward. No idea how true that is since it was just from some random blurb in the comments section on io9. I also came across this tweet in the comments section though:

https://twitter.com/BespinBulletin/status/1165217381179957249

That loving giggle lmao. Maybe Ahsoka will cameo in The Mandalorian in some way.

Star the fan casting 2019 edition!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Just have Eckstein do it.

She's kind of adorable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgU-Omwr5I&t=318s

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

Lana Condor!

Sold, next order of business?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the new episodes of The Chef Show is Fav and Filoni are cooking at Skywalker Ranch

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

Has she directed anything else? Kinda surprised the article doesn't have a known for or something.

Or is this the first thing she's directed after mostly being a writer/producer?

She's also done 1 or more episodes of the Mandalorian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

site posted:

Oh lol, sorry the joke is ms marvel is a different character than captain marvel, so making her gay too in the mcu would be fun

Yep, that would be a special level of twitter drama.