Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Has anyone ever actually liked Ash or just put up with him as a means to the end of seeing things we actually cared about (the Pokemon).

I do not remember a single soul growing up who wasn’t frustrated with the degree to which Ash is a loser.

I stopped watching Pokemon after I managed to beat the Indigo League and Ash fuckin' couldn't. All in all, the first season of Pokemon is a good self-contained story with an ending that teaches kids how to deal with failure... and then it just keeps going... for twenty years...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also Vader is a massive awkward chump who was put in armor that purposefully chafes him in all the worst places by Emperor Palpatine and his life is a constant earthly hell. Anyone could waste his rear end.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Thank you for posting that so I didn't have to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Holy poo poo this is a bad thread

Every Star Wars TVIV thread gets this way when new Star Wars television is happening. And when new Star Wars television isn't happening.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sash! posted:

I'm more concerned about the weirdo that was apparently buying the Jabba painting

I love that Ralph Mcquarrie's Jabba concept art is the Tatooine equivalent of a Velvet Elvis.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Honestly, I think Danny Trejo's cameo would have been funnier if he just showed up, said nothing, was in the scene long enough for you to go "Oh hey, that's Danny Trejo", and then left.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jerkface posted:

i dunno, i laughed pretty hard at it "its depressed. rancor's are emotionally complex creatures."

I’ll give it that. This was the most weirdly funny episode so far. I went into this show reluctantly like “God, please, no more Star Wars.” and have been pleasantly surprised by how un-Star Wars it is. I like it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OldSenileGuy posted:

I’m surprised to NOT see people complaining about the way Boba talked to Black K.

I’m not familiar with the character, but from reading the thread, I know they have a history together. Yet the way Boba talked to him in the show, it was like they were strangers.

Because 90+% of the audience's reaction to him is ALSO "wait, who the gently caress is this big badass black wookie?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder how much it costs to have a Ralph Original hanging on one's wall on Tatooine of all places...

lol they edited Luke and C-3PO out of the painting, but left Boba Fett in. That's incredible. Poor yellow vespa dude literally crashed through a painting of his new boss trying to run down the mayor's lovely secretary.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ccubed posted:

I think everything Jon Favreau star wars is along the lines of George Lucas prequels. This is all meant for the child Jon. What did he think/want when he was a child watching the original trilogy? that's what informs everything in Mandalorian and Boba Fett.

Just because it's live action, and maybe some adult movies are referenced, DON'T think this is for adults. Because it clearly isn't. This is for children and those who want to be child-like again.

To quote Patrick (H.) Willems: "These are movies about space wizards made for children." Anyone who gets legitimately frothing mad about this poo poo is telling on themselves super hard and it's always a hilarious sight to behold.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alchenar posted:

Yeah the problem isn't that this is a story for children, the problem is that this feels like a DnD adventure where the DM did about 30 minutes prep for the setting and is panicing and making things up from session to session.

There’s something remarkably consistent about every new iteration of Star Wars over the last 20 years being a blind reactive panic that tries to redress the screaming outrage generated by the immediate previous iteration of Star Wars, only to somehow create new outrages which the next iteration of Star Wars will have to reactively panic to try and fix in turn.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lobok posted:

Who wins in a fight? One of the Mods from Boba Fett or Mutt the greaser from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

Mods aren't played by Shia LeBeouf and aren't in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. TKO.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Reik posted:

I think I figured it out. Book of Boba Fett is a Yakuza game set in the Star Wars universe. Fett is just Ichiban running around being opposite day gangster helping people out and making friends along the way.

Yakuza: Like a Krayt Dragon

Much like Kazuma Kiryu, Boba Fett has also never killed anyone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Reik posted:

Episode 4 is just a half hour of Boba Fett figuring out how to play Sabacc.

So does this make Fennic Majima then?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

site posted:

seemed pretty obvious to me that the rancor was this show's answer to baby yoda, but if you're having forbidden thoughts about the rancor you do you

I think Boba wanted to gently caress the black wookie and letting him go free was some sort of sexual politics power move. Prove me wrong, internet.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also the point of the show seems to be about how Boba Fett is hosed up and traumatized by his near-death experience and has clearly lost a step since he got swallowed by the sand vagina and has been softened a little bit by his recovery process and now he's trying to do a bunch of things that are well beyond his paygrade as some wandering chump bounty hunter and he's making all sorts of mistakes and pissing everyone off and it's clearly leading him towards some serious Consequences in the near future because of he's that out of his depth.

The thesis seems to be:

BOBA FETT: I've got this poo poo.

NARRATOR: Boba Fett did not, in fact, have this poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

This does seem like a legit criticism one or two of them should have been Greedos or Prunefaces or some poo poo.

Though I do have a headcanon that they're core world dilettantes living rough on the rim for the thrill of it. so it would map to that.

The guy with the eye said he spent a lot of money on it, so between the body mods, the flashy bikes, and the hipster clothes, I'd say this tracks. They're a bunch of bored rich kids doing poverty tourism.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

I love that all these posters are canceling their subscriptions but are still going to be here next Wednesday complaining about the next episode.

Star Wars is like meth, and its fans react to it accordingly :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

This guy's whole YouTube page is an insane trip, holy poo poo. He's one of those dorks who got mad about women in He-Man and he's convinced himself that Kevin Smith's career is over because he made a cartoon that... most people actually wound up liking?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mdemone posted:

I'm enjoying it. It's not the best SW that has been made, but hell.

Also Temuera Morrison makes up for a lot.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I'm just here for Temuera and Ming-Na doing whatever, good or bad. I don't need Star Wars to be "good", it's loving Star Wars, it was Good exactly once, for Empire Strikes Back's runtime and that was it. As long as it's not actively insulting like Rise of Skywalker was, then whatever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Send the thread to SciFi WiFi.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jerkface posted:

If the CD thread can handle prequel discussion I think this thread can handle some boba haters.

TV IV > Star Wars TV Megathread: The Book of Boba Hate

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

am i the only one who sees the good in people and thought danny meant "don't worry, our friend will be back"?

Servetus posted:

The Rancor had just imprinted on Boba, Machete was just reassuring the Rancor

Yeah, that was him going "Daddy's got to go to work, but he'll be back."

That said, I legit thought the Rancor was gonna snap and just chomp Danny Trejo in half the second Boba was out of the room just for the sake of pure hilarity and I'm mildly disappointed that it didn't.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

Of course this is all true, I just simply can't wrap my mind around seeing a youth street gang with brightly colored vehicles and thinking "they must be hella gay libs forced down our throat by SJW Rodriguez."

Like the Fast and Furious franchise is mindlessly dumb but I don't think a bunch of fragile dudes watched them and immediately trashed them to being too homoerotic (they super are).

Like weren't all these same dorks all up on Rodriguez's dick last year because he made Boba Fett badass again?

Also the hilarious part about Fast and Furious is that it's also one of the most ethnically and gender diverse major film franchises in recent history and nobody seems to notice it. It seems to skid away from the nerd rage, no pun intended, because it's not really a "nerd" franchise like Star Wars, Marvel, or Star Trek is. (Thought it IS a stealth D&D mega-campaign, and I have a giant insane theorypost to prove it)

Larryb posted:

This fandom has been toxic since long before Disney ever got their hands on it, it’s just become a bit more vocal as of late

Like legit, the entire reason Disney even loving OWNS Star Wars now in the first place was because George Lucas got tired of dealing with this same swirling toilet of screeching hemorrhoid waste and literally said "Why the hell would I ever make another Star Wars film if all anyone is going to do is complain about it?" and then started auctioning off the rights to whoever would pay him the most amount of money for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Killer robot posted:

My biggest memory of the prequel era was when a bunch of toxic nerds realized seeing new Star Wars didn't literally turn back the clock and make them kids again, concluded that the problem must be that these were kids movies while original Star Wars was serious science fiction for grownups, and then slowly convince themselves RotJ was a bad movie just to piece together the new theory in their head.

Though the best knot of Star Wars fandom I saw today was someone complain that BoB violated years of Star Wars worldbuilding by having zippers, then someone else pointed out that ESB had zippers.

I want to put "Got mad about zippers in Star Wars" on a resumé and see if anyone notices it or asks about it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

This has been well known by everyone who's been paying the slightest bit of attention, so it's extra hilarious when prequel kiddies lament SJW-LOVING DISNEY and MAHHH LUCAS. Lucas is a total weirdo hippie who borders on disrespectful at times, but Star Wars has always been blatantly liberal and anti-fascist.

We have velcro. Suck it hyperdrive.

These are the same time of people who scream “BUT GENE’S VISION!” whenever black people or women or LGBT people show up on Trek or anytime anything violent or sexy happens. Without the slightest hint of awareness that Gene Roddenberry was a money-obsessed horndog who was known to be irascible and often violent and wanted to have all of humanity represented on his space show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

I can't believe Disney would do this to us.

I like that Empire is bookended by that same droid looking after Luke after he got his rear end whooped at the start of the movie, and then after he got his rear end whooped at the end of the movie.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Can't be years because the young Tusken doesn't grow any taller (unless Tuskens age differently)

I was really hoping the Tusken would come back to help Boba out in the finale and actually pay that sub plot off and the kid Tusken would be a young man now because it’s like five years later and he helps Boba fight against whoever the final boss of the show is, but… well

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Imagine having to be the guy who has to tell Emperor Palpatine that his flagship has gone from Suck to Blow.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Nice copyright friendly cover of “Smack My Bitch Up” you used over the Fennic rebuild sequence there, Disney.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I am a weak little bitch for any usage of the Mandalorian theme, and I’m happy that it turns up twice in this episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

I'm confused. How exactly did Bib Fortuna double-cross Fett?

Shrug?

Anyway, now I want an alternate take on that scene with Bib where he's like "Boba! I...I thought you were dead. By the way, someone broke in here and stole your ship last week and--[PEW]"

E: Oh, it's probably because Bib just kind of... kept Slave-I in his garage for like three years. Which, again, not entirely sure how that counts as a double cross because Bib legit thought Boba was dead, but something something protagonist centered morality, what ya gonna do?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 19, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The United States posted:

Fennec also told him offhand that the biker gang definitely didn't slaughter the Tusken camp but he's just gonna murderize the entire biker gang anyway.

Boba is a living Dunning-Kruger effect and he is hilarious to watch.

Did she though? Seemed like she was just expressing incredulity that they did, even though we saw all the Tusken tents spray painted with the bike gang's symbol so we know they did indeed murder the poo poo out of everyone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

For context: this dude is a turbo chud who routinely doxxes people who make him mad about Star Wars. Nice job signal boosting this asswipe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

For the record I think crow was calling the Twitter chud the asswipe.

Yes. The Twitter chud is the asswipe. And he is indeed a MASSIVE asswipe who gets irrationally mad about Star Wars and tries to inflict internet vengeance upon all those who make him mad about Star Wars.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is something very satisfying about the rapid fire “pewpewpewpew” of the Firspray’s guns. :allears:

I keep saying it, knock Attack of the Clones all you want for whatever reason, but the one unimpeachable aspect of it was its sound design, particularly surrounding Slave-I.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

teagone posted:

I hope Boba Fett hires Dash Rendar.

Dash shows up, first thing he says to Boba is just "No hard feelings about Gall, right?" And Boba just goes "What?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I'm wondering when Boba will realize that Jennifer Beals is the mayor

I mean, I didn't pick up on this myself either until I saw this post, but after that scene where she tries to talk Krrsantan down, I can totally see it. I'm betting this also means the majordomo is her brother, and the two of them are running a massive con on Mos Espa.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Penitent posted:

ok

A Wookie rips off a dude's arm in a club and the club owner sighs, turns to Max Rebo and says, "Hit it Max" and the band starts jammin

Show owns

Boba Fett surviving the Sarlac is one thing, but the real unsolved mystery of Return of the Jedi is how did Max Rebo survive Jaba's sail barge exploding?

e: probably the same way Bib did, now that I think about it...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dingleberry2 posted:

I thought they showed the actual mayor though? Wasn't he the hammerhead guy in the 2nd episode?

I wouldn't be surprised either though, it seems like that kind of twist would be par for the show.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They also said the mayor's a figurehead. Big Brained Boba never really bothered to find out whose.

Also, who really sent the assassins? The mayor pointed out he had no reason to. And his attitude was very different to what we expected given how the majordomo practically begged Boba to come and kill the mayor.

Yeah, the Ithorian "mayor" has "patsy" written all over him. Why do you think he just up and mysterious disappeared when Boba and Fennic started tugging at the strings of his bullshit?