Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vintersorg posted:

Prob same people who think this was the best:

In fairness this owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The general impression is that Jedi were basically just monks while the Sith were underground.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"A young lad who fights impossible odds to fulfill his destiny...what was that called? Oh yeah! Corvette Summer." is still amazing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Man D. Lorian

The Star Wars-One Piece crossover is finally happening.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hera would only be in her 60s by this point, she's totally still piloting the Ghost through pitched battle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for Obi-Wan to use all the Krayt Dragon roars he's had over the years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSDgBbX1XTY

I actually like the second part of the 2011 "roar"

There is absolutely no point to the Kenobi series if we don't get to see Ewan McGregor doing this.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Here, we are now. Entertain us, you must.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Someone give that guy his crying baby avatar back, it was the only truly good avatar+posts combo.

Dawgstar posted:

Groundskeeper Willy yelling about 'drat Star Wars fans, they ruined Star Wars' here.

Like Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans!
And Battlestar Galactica fan and Star Wars fans!
And Chronicles of Narnia fans and Star Wars fans!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ahsoka, 97 years old and still alive and solving mysteries in a van with her new space family and the annoying force ghost of her space dad.

She finds a still-alive Barriss and they have brutal old person fight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

loving imagine thinking that Maul surviving didn't turn out to be a really good idea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bust Rodd posted:

No one has ever died from fall damage in Star Wars.

Unless they do the Wilhelm Scream while falling, at which point they are instantly killed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Togruta just don't seem to translate well in live-action.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What happened with Ahsoka makes a lot of Anakin's behavior in Revenge make a bit more sense.

He's bitter, angry, and paranoid about loss because one of the three most important people in his life got hosed over by both her best friend, the Republic (thanks Tarkin), and the Jedi Council. No wonder he's not all that beat up about killing Mace, that guy was a huge dick to the two of them (the galaxy would be saved if Kit Fisto was the one having Palpatine dead to rights!)

Honestly, Darth Vader was probably first born watching Ahsoka walk down those stairs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fuckin' inject "Aztec frog man with an Irish accent" into my veins.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like that Maul basically becomes a rival Sith Lord to Sidious.

Dude needed better choices in apprentices though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rocksicles posted:

Maul is probably the most complex character in all of Star Wars

loving imagine saying that when Phantom Menace came out.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anakin's proud of his little murder machine.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Old Man Jar Jar

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

twistedmentat posted:

No calls meesa that, meesa now Yusif Islam.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Obi Wan is confronted in the desert by a figure in a long black robe.

"Meesa been trainings in ways o' da Forces some woulda consida unnatural."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's some of the softer edges from Rebels, that's for sure.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh so that's how they filmed the moon landing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dee Bradley Baker has done magnificently.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Madurai posted:

Re-watching "The Wrong Jedi" made me thing that an opportunity was missed: Tarkin should have been Asoka's defender, not prosecutor--it would have put him returning a favor to Anakin and forecast the Tarkin-Vader association.

Tarkin being the gung ho LET'S KILL THE TEENAGER prosecutor in Ahsoka's trial does make Vader's stable working relationship with him by a New Hope kind of odd, yeah.

Could just be that Anakin is just so loving angry at everyone by that point that he just doesn't have time to force choke Tarkin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Young-ish Yoda has a pompadour.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

tribbledirigible posted:

I hope we have Yoda just talking normally and is constantly dunked on for being a bad-to-mediocre middle manager type, then tries out the weird sentence-object-verb phrasing.
Yoda actually talks normal in High Republic because 200 years ago Basic was object-subject-verb, like how that loser Player 2 Yoda in KotoR talked normal.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Going by Shaak Ti, Ahsoka's going to look scary in live action but who cares it's live action Ahsoka.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Can we have Hondo stumble into the World Between Worlds, go back in time to the era of the High Republic, then bump into Yoda, causing him to be late to a meeting and create an entirely new continuity of Star Wars?

Hondo's Excellent Adventure.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Palpatine's hologram lingers for two seconds with a displeased expression after Rex calls him Sidious; even he was surprised that Rex knew that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

An entire episode that's just Temura Morrison talking to himself.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ahsoka had no way of knowing how incredibly bullshit Anakin's life got, she had no reason to think that Maul was serious about Anakin being hovering over the edge.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Live action Shaak Ti is fuckin' horrifying so I don't think Ahsoka will be much different on that front.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Tie Defender is an overdesigned, super expensive crutch for pilots who can't achieve similar results in a Tie Avenger.

Counterpoint: it looks rad as poo poo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sam Witwer finally found his redemption from Force Unleashed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

jivjov posted:

Who's ready for another Star Wars Holiday Special?!

https://t.co/1RbZoHlUec

In other news, the world's supply of cocaine is about to bottom out.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

VaultAggie posted:

I have to admit, this scene endeared Anakin more to me then the entire prequels. Him showing up and just merking the dude and shrugging it off was hilarious and owned.

They straight-up starting leaning into "Anakin does something morally suspect while the Imperial March plays" as a comedic gag after a certain point and it owns.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It was like halfway through watching season 7 that I said to myself "oh right, Ventress is dead by now".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

An entire episode of just Temuera Morrison talking to himself.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Spookydonut posted:

"first" galactic empire.

*cough* several sith empires. the infinite empire. need i go on?

Look, if Sheev called it the "7th Galactic Empire", it might suggest that his version will end about as well as the other six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sucks that Luminara was offed like she was, we never got to see her reaction to Barriss going insane.