Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
resistance looks so good, I'm very hype...fazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
hell yeah give me that delicious content.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Watched all the episodes currently available. Much stronger start than Rebels and the animation already looks really good so I can't wait to see what they do with it as they get stronger and build up the asset library. The background peeps on the Colossus are much more varied than anything we saw in Rebels which gives it a really nice vibe, like it probably took Clone Wars or Rebels a couple of seasons to get enough models to represent the # of aliens we see in like 1 cantina shot in this.

The visuals are really great so far, especially any of the wide shots of the Colossus. The racing hook is already paying off as there is now plenty of fodder to introduce gimmicky teams for one offs or for continuous cameos. Elijah Wood's in the third episode as Jace Rucklin, a mischievous upstart racing crew.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Big Mean Jerk posted:

One thing I will say about Resistance is that the mix of OT, PT, and ST alien/droid designs is fantastic. You’ve got new guys like the giant-headed janitor and Unkar Plutt’s species alongside pit droids, Aleena, and OT deepcuts like snaggletooth.

Not sure what to make of Jim Rash’s ‘literally an ovoid chicken’ alien.

With the animation style the designs really pop too! Compared to Rebels or CLone Wars where the different species were honestly pretty bland.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Moving from the trad 3D animation of Clone Wars & the more stylistic but still 3d Rebels to the 2d cel shading is jarring for some ppl. No need to yell, but I think its awesome personally.

Most kids shows nowadays have that 3d look, I like them going in another direction. The only thing better would be somehow a traditional 2d style.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
one of the aces on the colossus is an ex tie pilot, theres been 3 episodes give it some time to breathe

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the episodes are good.

Edit: Much like Rebels I don't think the appeal is really in the main character? Its the ensemble that builds around them imo. The main character is gonna be kind of a dork and need to grow into being a proper hero because it gives kids a journey to follow, but the surrounding cast can be bad rear end or funny without necessarily needing to fall into the problems that Kaz/Ezra have.

I personally do not have any issue with Kaz so far, and I like that the past 2 episodes have shown that he does have some skill. He successfully spied on captain doza and escaped the first order with some slick acrobatics and then in this episode his heart / good guy nature shown through with his plan to help the kids. Its fine, especially for a kids show.

The cool stuff for me is poo poo liek the turtle mechanics, the races, name dropping kylo, etc.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 6, 2018

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
this episode in a nut shell

This episode loving ruled because of the monkey-lizards. Loved when Poe shot a warning shot into the ceiling and a monkey corpse falls smoking to the ground.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
How long into Ep1 will someone utter a titular line?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
i wonder if its easier to build assets for this show or if they are able to reuse ones from previous shows. they add new aliens or outfitted humans seemingly every episode.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
petition to change all saber ignitions in future movies to be like that anime

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
This episode whomped, Returning the trooper to get brain scraped is a DARK end.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I'm gonna say a clone wars era cruiser, like a venator or something.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-star-wars-resistance-producer-answers-your-burning-qu-1833278483

Interview with the producer on the finale and season 2.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/thomasp0003/status/1117480069562343426?s=20

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Looks so fun. if that is indeed the final season i hope we get another show in that style.

Another inbetween movies show could follow poes black squadron while they were busy faffing about in tlj

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Apparently season 2 was already in production in 2017, so I imagine they knew it was gonna end then as Filoni/Lucasfilm has already hinted at other shows being worked on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
mandalorian trailer owns

ahsoka v maul owns

obi owns

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Rocksicles posted:

IG-88 hype!

IG-11 :v:

(Voiced by Taika Waititi!)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
BB8 goes with poe to jakku at the end of resistance s1. we see the star killer base sequence and then the Colossus flies off into hyper space at the same time TLJ is occurring. the resistance at dqar is what gets destroyed in TLJ. the resistance tv characters and poes black wing squadron are not present. resistance s2 will be concurrent with and go past TLJ. guarantee at least 1 episode will have them hear the transmission from crait.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
If you sign up for a D23 general membership (free) you can get an offer for 33% off Disney+ FYI

I think it expires tomorrow so step to it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
nothing has ever looked good in ew i wish theyd stop. theres a reason its called ew.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Your custom trailers are always cool, nice job

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love Rosario Dawson, why is she so interested in Ahsoka? She doesn't strike me as particularly ahsoka-ish but I'd dig it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I assume the next sw animated series will premiere next fall or spring and is already in production. We will get resistance season 2 -> clone wars final season -> unknown animated project

It may be sooner even as resistance will close out this year, and clone wars will fill spring.

I would expect an announcement in spring followed by full reveal at celebration 2020 in 1 year and premiere in sept or oct.

all speculation by me based on what filoni has said about working on multiple animation projects around the time of resistance s1 and that resistance seasons apparently took a year+ to produce

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Tomtrek posted:

It's been pretty much confirmed that The Mandalorian and Clone Wars have been what Filoni has been working on, so I wouldn't expect anything new beyond that for a while.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1173222157213523968

Pablos not going to spill the beans on unannounced star wars poo poo on twitter, id take that with a grain of salt. But it could also be very true, Filoni is getting live action director experience with the mandalorian. and they are almost set or are set to film season 2.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the aphra series is the best on going running. best art, best characters

aphras such a delightful rear end in a top hat and she should be played by constance wu

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Episode 2 puts them right up there with TLJ, as D'Qar has been vaporized. Super curious about Jace defecting with Tam. I really like the character dynamic right now with the different groups.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the intro will be the mandalorian driving around new jersey while some soulful music plays

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
http://starwarsunity.net/2019/11/23/rumor-doctor-aphra-might-be-getting-a-tv-series/

hmmmmmm :thunkher:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Dunno if anyone else caught the last episode of Resistance but hot drat it was a good episode.

Tora's mom being a bamf resistance pilot with a droid that rivals chopper for sadism is great.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

smoobles posted:

I'm getting burned out on the whole introducing and abandoning a new supporting character in every episode. It feels like a lot of effort watching a show where there are only two recurring characters and one of them is a puppet.

? theres like entire series of shows where a primary set of characters moves from new supporting cast to the next, do you just never have watched something like quantum leap or justified

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Now theres an actual rumor on starwarsleaks \ msw that Dr Aphra is actually already in production and will potentially be the next disney+ show released even before obi or cassian

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

bunnyofdoom posted:

That was extremely my poo poo. Especially Seeing the three t-65 x-wings casually tearing poo poo up. The pilots almost sounded bored with how easy it was.

I enjoyed that as well. some likely ex rebellion pilots now just out there dealing with pirates or whatever all like "looks like theyre launching some kind of gunship? gonna blow it up. roger, red 3, make this quick i wanna watch my stories."

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
newest rumor is that the 2 animated shows currently in development but not announced are Dr Aphra and a post rebels continuation.

as the animated shows take longer to make (resistance took a year+ per season reportedly) they are all deep in development for release in 2020.

I actually speculated on this in the old thread i think that we would get announcements for a fall release animated series.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Vinylshadow posted:

I was not prepared for SWOLE2-D2

this spoiler had very large "unexpected dark souls boss that will ruin your poo poo" energy

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the latest episode of resistance actually made me happy to see a battle droid! I loved hearing its dopey voice again and i guess it's part of the colossus crew now. sick!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Burning_Monk posted:

I'll admit i was smiling at lot more the the B1 than I thought I would.

For me its like, yea I wasn't a fan of the prequels but for better or worse they are a part of star wars now and there is all this tapestry that can be tapped into and its really fun to see that stuff come back in new mediums/times. Like hell yea, give me an ancient B1 unit 45 years after it was first deployed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Rebels sequels rumor and its exactly what everyone wants and more

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/eky2jr/star_wars_rebels_sequel_information/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The animated shows have such long lead time (season 2 of resistance was in final stages of post production during season 1 airing) that i absolutely buy there being such detailed leaks on an animated show.

We know there are at least 2 in development for air this year or next.

Im gonna bet on this either being announced soon as a teaser or being unveiled hole hog with a trailer at celebration.